Sign in to follow this  
de_paradise

anyone know meditation relating to time-future/past ?

I was experimenting with putting my intent to future and past, and getting some largish qi flows. Anyone know any specific meditations in that area?

I don't know any formally so I make them up. I have no idea whether or not this is "advisable" but I do it anyway.

For "the past" - I just go there in my imagination. What happens when I meet "myself" there is I provide what I think I was needing at the time. If I don't know, then I just sit with.

For "the future" - just do the same. The likely problem is that the "future" will be idealized in a really positive way so unless you're willing to show up "there" and bring mindfulness to the situation, I don't see the point. Although if that's what you want to do, might as well do it here and now. I could also argue "well, same for past" but I find it helps so why not both directions?

I don't know any formally so I make them up. I have no idea whether or not this is "advisable" but I do it anyway.

Om

Ah

Hum

Ho

Yes.... You could ask Yeshe Tsogyal for some advice.

Also write into Brian Greene a professor at Columbia and ask about string theory. I do mean write via email or call his office. It's a really good practice to do. You might not get an answer but then again who knows. And you get the chance to write an educated individual and clean up the misperceptions.

Then there's Lisa Randell of Harvard. I've meet her when I was younger and recently have been writing to her but have yet to recieve a response. So don't get discouraged.

Between these two teachers is a correct view on time.

Prof. Greene teaches at Columbia not Canbridge.

http://www.iscap.columbia.edu

Edited by Machin Shin

You could check out Time Line Therapy - which was 'created' by Tad James (website here).

As a small tip - try this out...

remember what you had for dinner yesterday. Now think of what you'll have for dinner tomorrow.

switch between these two thoughts - back and forth - and notice the internal sensory difference.

if you were to imagine a line... where would yesterday's dinner be on the line? where would tomorrow's dinner be?

Is the future in front and the past behind? is the future to the right and the past on the left? is it on an angle? are you on the line or above/below/to the side of it?

try it with a longer timespan...

this imaginary line runs differently in different people - and how it runs in you would provide some insight into your behaviour and 'personality'.

Playing with this with no preference as to what you get out of it would be the most nourishing way to play.

I was experimenting with putting my intent to future and past, and getting some largish qi flows. Anyone know any specific meditations in that area?

use dream yoga to change past

Om

Ah

Hum

Ho

Yes.... You could ask Yeshe Tsogyal for some advice.

Also write into Brian Greene a professor at Columbia and ask about string theory. I do mean write via email or call his office. It's a really good practice to do. You might not get an answer but then again who knows. And you get the chance to write an educated individual and clean up the misperceptions.

Then there's Lisa Randell of Harvard. I've meet her when I was younger and recently have been writing to her but have yet to recieve a response. So don't get discouraged.

Between these two teachers is a correct view on time.

Prof. Greene teaches at Columbia not Canbridge.

http://www.iscap.columbia.edu

Cool! Thanks for the links.

But I have a dumb question.

What does my imagination have to do with String Theory (or time for that matter)?

Ok, a few ideas (yes, circular on purpose):

- my imagination and string theory absolutely hook up - wow, that would be cosmic! Also totally validating of my imagination!

- my imagination and string theory are way apart - this means one of us is "right" - but we can't both be, right :mellow: ?

- my imagination is cute if we're talking about anything apart from theory - string or otherwise- never the twain shall meet :mellow:

- string theory explains my imagination

Ok, a few ideas (yes, circular on purpose):

- my imagination and string theory absolutely hook up - wow, that would be cosmic! Also totally validating of my imagination!

- my imagination and string theory are way apart - this means one of us is "right" - but we can't both be, right :mellow: ?

- my imagination is cute if we're talking about anything apart from theory - string or otherwise- never the twain shall meet :mellow:

- string theory explains my imagination

There are three parts to this circle of cosmic proportions;

The one who imagines,

the image that is seen,

and the process of the imagination.

And no part of these three ever touch.

Yes i do. Every one knows that you can send chi to any place but did you know that you can send chi to any time? This is something I recently discovered and i made a particular healing method from it. I have had great success with this. I do this with close friends and students. If done properly and continually this can also work as a cultivation method for self improvement how? Well as a living creature on this earth you change continually by the things you do, eat, think, and so on that determine how you grow. And in this process you develop blockages and release some that determine the qualities of your life and im just not talking about health. Health is one aspect being more responsible, business minded, intuitive, and so on are others that are qualities of beings. You are in a constant state of flux. Your like an evolving ball of energy that is always changing. Your aura emits different kinds of energies about you that is in communication with the energy environment. Depending on how you live and where you are at certain energies of your aura expand and others get hampered. The healing method I offer heals those energies at that time to bring about change in you now. The results of this are amazing because it just doesn't heal but it changes the evolution of wanted changes emerging in your self.

The best way i can say this is that we are bonsai trees.

Edited by thunder mind

If you sit quietly and practice regularly you will have an insight into time.

A mind that uses Reason?

Confuscious said: To see the future, look to the past.

Educated westerners say that "History Repeats itself."

The Chinese say that if you know the Bagua (Language of 8 ) or I Ching in English, you can see into the future.

Yes i do. Every one knows that you can send chi to any place but did you know that you can send chi to any time? This is something I recently discovered and i made a particular healing method from it. I have had great success with this. I do this with close friends and students. If done properly and continually this can also work as a cultivation method for self improvement how? Well as a living creature on this earth you change continually by the things you do, eat, think, and so on that determine how you grow. And in this process you develop blockages and release some that determine the qualities of your life and im just not talking about health. Health is one aspect being more responsible, business minded, intuitive, and so on are others that are qualities of beings. You are in a constant state of flux. Your like an evolving ball of energy that is always changing. Your aura emits different kinds of energies about you that is in communication with the energy environment. Depending on how you live and where you are at certain energies of your aura expand and others get hampered. The healing method I offer heals those energies at that time to bring about change in you now. The results of this are amazing because it just doesn't heal but it changes the evolution of wanted changes emerging in your self.

The best way i can say this is that we are bonsai trees.

This sounds quite intruiging. I was aware that qi could be sent with time instructions, but have not really explored the possibilities much. I'm trying to understand how you use this as a cultivation method-- do you mean you send qi to yourself with particular instructions? This sounds like manifesting but in a more conscious way of how the mechanism works.

Are you saying you send healing qi to when people have experienced the moment of injury in the past and that therefore heals the present? What kind of"wanted changes" can you heal, for example, when you say you can heal to change the evolution of people? Are you sending "calming qi" to a person when he faced a difficult event, for example? Are you saying that you send qi charged with any of the "qualities of beings.?"

This is quite mindbending, I love it.

Yes that is exactly it. You can send chi to a specific traumatic moment with an intent to heal it. You can also send chi to a particular event that developed over time. In example is I healed a woman who wasn't really sick or ill but i sent chi to her lungs everytime she put them out of balance you see she was a smoker. And her lungs felt incredibly better. It has to be done a few times but yes it does lessen the damage we have done to our selves. Yes i send chi to myself to different times of my life to sop and bring about changes in my life. You see there are many qualities that make up a mature responsible secure adult. With this method i am able to heal these type of blockages ones that stop a person from being more mature, secure, studious and so on. These are personalty traits there were learned over time and these energies in your aura became more dominate. The healing i discovered alters your energetic makeup. This heals the energy of you nothing else but in doing so changes you. This is the first time i discussed this publicly so im trying to do the best i can.

This sounds quite intruiging. I was aware that qi could be sent with time instructions, but have not really explored the possibilities much. I'm trying to understand how you use this as a cultivation method-- do you mean you send qi to yourself with particular instructions? This sounds like manifesting but in a more conscious way of how the mechanism works.

Are you saying you send healing qi to when people have experienced the moment of injury in the past and that therefore heals the present? What kind of"wanted changes" can you heal, for example, when you say you can heal to change the evolution of people? Are you sending "calming qi" to a person when he faced a difficult event, for example? Are you saying that you send qi charged with any of the "qualities of beings.?"

This is quite mindbending, I love it.

Sign in to follow this