wudangspirit

RE: The Buddha Bums

There are wrong intentions and good intentions. Dorje Shedrub is not like Satan, no... he's just a fallen being, that's all. Worshiping him makes his energy more powerful. Like if some being were praised and were followed around by lots of other beings, that power of that person would grow, like Hitler or something. There are other dimensions and beings that exist with much power. Dorje Shedrub is not a symbol for absolute Evil, just a being with bad intentions.

Your viewing too black and white.

*for more information on becoming a FastTrak to Enlightenment distributor, act now to take advantage of

our special offer! Become a Buddha Club Premium Enlightened Deluxe Member and receive a free online Reification! Also be sure to inquire about our opportunities in becoming a Noni Juice distributor--the Soma of All Juices---reputed to be Lord Buddha's "Empowerment Nectar"!!!

www.tibetanbuddhismrulestheearthandtheheavensandwillprevail.com

special restrictions may apply.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

I'm not blind in my faith of the Dalai Lama as I've met him both in person and in dreams. But, your free to think that I do and that's ok with me if that makes you feel better.

Take care.

:)

I think you are trying to make yourself feel better by clinging to your belief in Dalai Lama and insisting it is not blind. If it does make you feel better, thats fine. Many met Hitler and who knows probably in dreams as well. Is that a justification for their faith in him, blind or not?

I've met the Dalai Lama. He would have compassion for Vajs' narrow-mindedness ... Shake it off guys help is on the way...

Its' just too bad the intrusive Buddhists here are too lame to create their own site instead of invading this one like a band of miscreant yahoos..

This too shall pass -like any other excrimental influences...They stink-up the place and are soon forgotten..

I've met the Dalai Lama. He would have compassion for Vajs' narrow-mindedness ... Shake it off guys help is on the way...

Its' just too bad the intrusive Buddhists here are too lame to create their own site instead of invading this one like a band of miscreant yahoos..

This too shall pass -like any other excrimental influences...They stink-up the place and are soon forgotten..

I like to play Yahtzee!!!!

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

No kidding! My experience in here has been a little different. I've been summarily slapped when I even clarify my intention to utilize a Buddhist concept, and when I do, there is a good deal of scorn thrown in. So, I've tried to abstain.

Regards,

Blasto

It's called an inferiority complex Blasto. There's nothing wrong with pulling wisdom from any tradition. Take care.

*for more information on becoming a FastTrak to Enlightenment distributor, act now to take advantage of

our special offer! Become a Buddha Club Premium Enlightened Deluxe Member and receive a free online Reification! Also be sure to inquire about our opportunities in becoming a Noni Juice distributor--the Soma of All Juices---reputed to be Lord Buddha's "Empowerment Nectar"!!!

:lol:

I was just about to post something I thought was funny.

Then I realized it wasn't. It was more of an insult to Vajrah because I feel he's taking up a lot of space saying pretty much the same stuff all the time. I think it's the way you say it Vajrah. The intention is great. Not sure about the rest. The road to hell etc...

The thing that annoys me the most is when we get what I think (obviously I'm speaking from my POV) is an interesting thread that suddenly turns into a match of some kind that seems to me to be not directly applicable to the original topic. Sometimes a sparring march between you and some other folks. I don't like reading those.

I think that Buddhist viewpoints have a lot to offer on many subjects and I keep seeing things being "reduced" back to a few precepts. I already know that everything CAN be reduced to them as much as I know that everything is Tao.

What many people posting on TTB's are exchanging about (again, my take) is the direct, living application of Taoist practice, Buddhist viewpoints, Sufi explanations, Mevlevi poetry, Celtic insight, Gaia-consciousness, Kundalini evolution, cosmic resonance, love...and I would prefer to see you Vajrah use some wider application in your posts to people - dare I say I would hope that you are gaining something from posting here? Otherwise I would simply ask that you use some awareness and concern for what others are writing as well as your own postings.

It's called an inferiority complex Blasto.

Yea that's your problem right there. Isn't that kinda rude on a non-Buddhist website? :wacko: I don't have any inferiority complex. You really do think you are better then everyone else. And all because of some unprovable knowledge about dependent origination and emptiness. blah blah blah big deal. I'm not buying it. I think your wrong. And don't really care about it, don't want it, don't need it, and can live just as well without it. No fear. Tibeten Buddhism isn't interesting to me, no reason, nothing to argue about, just not my cup of tea. Just gonna keep followin the Tao and feedin my cat. Do you think the Buddha could accept that and stop "worrying" about me? :D

Edited by Tao99

I have no problem with Vajra. So, someone's a Buddhist...who cares! There are all types of people here.

Instead, I have a problem with everyone else who feels the need to taunt him...or whatever it is they're doing...I guess you could also call it flirting. It just takes up a lot of space and doesn't do any good.

The purpose of this topic is to suggest that there's too much Buddhist discussion on this forum. I'm going to disagree, and suggest instead that there's too much personal, pointless arguing going on. I ask all of those involved to please stop. Take it to PM.

No Kate, I wasn't talking about you. I was more referring to the ones who post things like:

Pietro Mar 18 2009, 01:28 AM

Post #7

Lazy Wandering Taoist

Group: The Tao Bums

From: Europe, mostly Coimbra in Portugal or Rome in Italy. Occasionally Brighton (UK), Dublin (IE), Jena (DE) or Castellina Marittima (IT)

Member No.: 15

If you are new here:

When people arrive here, eventually they get really passionate about this place.

This place has a strong uprooting energy.

Soon they forget your center,

their roots, their ground

and their feet.

And then we offend each other in the dialectic passion.

Some blushing often is the end result.

It is so common that is nearly an initiation.

Somehow going through it makes

a real Tao Bum.

Just be relaxed with the whole process.

What many people posting on TTB's are exchanging about (again, my take) is the direct, living application of Taoist practice, Buddhist viewpoints, Sufi explanations, Mevlevi poetry, Celtic insight, Gaia-consciousness, Kundalini evolution, cosmic resonance, love...and I would prefer to see you Vajrah use some wider application in your posts to people - dare I say I would hope that you are gaining something from posting here? Otherwise I would simply ask that you use some awareness and concern for what others are writing as well as your own postings.

I make one posting... then I get insulted, then a thread turns into an insult TB and VH session. I never insulted Taoism, I just thought of it as an incomplete path and shared that opinion, that opinion has changed in different ways through information that I have received here. If you people would take off the blinders, you would see more clearly. Of course this comment will probably become another opportunity to insult. :lol::lol::lol:

There are some interesting people on here, but it's really crazy how many bitter people are on here.

I'm going to disagree, and suggest instead that there's too much personal, pointless arguing going on. I ask all of those involved to please stop. Take it to PM.

Yup. If you disagree with the Buddhists, make it about the content. Discuss the theories, views, models, etc.

The personal stuff is sometimes good for communication purposes. But when it's the focus...eh.... :blink:

I make one posting... then I get insulted, then a thread turns into an insult TB and VH session. I never insulted Taoism, I just thought of it as an incomplete path and shared that opinion, that opinion has changed in different ways through information that I have received here. If you people would take off the blinders, you would see more clearly. Of course this comment will probably become another opportunity to insult. :lol::lol::lol:

There are some interesting people on here, but it's really crazy how many bitter people are on here.

Yes! That's right!!

I'm glad we're on the same team now.

Do you think the Buddha could accept that and stop "worrying" about me? :D

Why don't you stop worrying about it and cease the insulting and angry tirades. That's fine... do your thing, I'll do mine. I don't go around insulting people out of nowhere and follow them around, insulting everything they say.

What I was calling an inferiority complex was the overzealous insulting, slapping around that Blasto was talking about every time Buddhism is mentioned. Not the fact that anyones a Taoist... I mentioned plenty of times that Taoism is a beautiful spiritual tradition, get your head straight.

Cease argument, all is relative. Find your Buddha nature now.

Ok Earthsong... your the one who likes to follow me around and go on sarcasm tirades.

Get a grip.

I usually keep my head down, but here we go.....

About Vaj: seems okay, his posts have revealed a lot about Buddhism that I didn't know. I mean, you have to admit, with all the different groups of Buddhism and all the texts, it's hard to find the general point of it all. Vaj's posts may be long, but not as long as reading all the Buddhists texts trying to find out what they're talking about :lol: in any case, I found I have a better understand of Buddhism because of it.....

About Songs: I think there's a lot of baiting, taunting, and flat out insulting that doesn't really have a place. Vaj may sometimes come off as condescending or arrogant or all "hey look my path is the best", but he does so in the process of clarifying a point. Other persons come off as condescending, arrogant, and sometimes just plain insulting.... while otherwise serving no point or function.

There are other people involved in the Taoist and Buddhist stuff, but they're not in the center of trouble all the time ;) they know who they are and, again, I come away with a little extra knowledge from each of their paths because of it. Argumentative? Maybe. Constructive? For me, yes.

In Vaj's case, it's all good, I learn about Buddhism, he does what he feels is necessary to spread the word (same with pushy Jehova's witnesses). Now if someone showed up at my door in the early morning and said, "you're a pompous asshole" (*cough*songs*cough* I'd be like, "You didn't even tell me about the good word!"

Anyway, moving on.....

SuperEnlightenedBuddhaGuy sounds like someone created an account to start something :lol:

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I never insulted Taoism, I just thought of it as an incomplete path

There's your problem right there, calling it an incomplete path IS an insult silly. Get your head straight. :wacko:

I'm sure if I was to pronounce over and over on your TB website that Tibeten Buddhism is an incomplete path (which I believe is true) what with no 3, no 7/9 not even 5, etc etc, you would find me rude no? You wouldn't respond? I bet you just can't WAIT to tell me how wrong I am. get real. :lol:

Edited by Tao99

I usually keep my head down, but here we go.....

Vaj may sometimes come off as condescending or arrogant or all "hey look my path is the best", but he does so in the process of clarifying a point.

So being arrogant and condescending is okay as long as it in put within a context? It is easy to see that he creates such contexts out of nowhere. I am not meaning to say that responding to him the same way he talks to others is not completely correct. But it may just be that some others think that is the only language he understands. Different people, different opinions no? When you heard Vaj, you should probably hear out the rest? Or should those expressing displeasure at how he behaves be now banned?

Edited by chicultivation

There's your problem right there, calling it an incomplete path IS an insult silly.

That WAS my opinion. I don't have that same opinion anymore. I've learned some things. Besides, the fact that you guys take it so personally is really unreasonable.

I don't know if Taoism is a complete path. I've heard and read some things since I've been here that seem reasonable, but I don't say much about anything other than what I know which has changed since I've been in here. We are not doing these debates anymore as we were when I first got in here. I think that's fine. Remember I was asked to come in here to specifically debate and I've since changed my mind a few times about Taoism.

So... get off it!

Besides, the fact that you guys take it so personally is really unreasonable.

Vajra, now you seem to be taking it personally. Now being the big guy and the enlightened one you are, why don't you ever show your "bigness" by ignoring what you think are insults? You respond to each and every post that you think is even faintly directed at you. Is that not attachment? Need more meditation I guess :)