wudangspirit

RE: The Buddha Bums

I know I'm bringing up a subject that has been discussed recently in some way. But I think we should rename the forum The Buddha Bums. It seems there isn't much Taoist talk here at all except for a few listed topics and those turn into buddhist discussions.

I don't care but we should call it what it is. It causes some confusion among those newbies who come here looking for Taoist discussions. Many of which have asked me personally why it is called "The Tao Bums".

I have to admit it actually does get a little confusing at times.

Wudangspirit

No kidding! My experience in here has been a little different. I've been summarily slapped when I even clarify my intention to utilize a Buddhist concept, and when I do, there is a good deal of scorn thrown in. So, I've tried to abstain.

Of course, this is a big forum and I know I haven't participated in every thread. I have seen instances where Buddhism answers a question that remains mired in a nebulous phase of manic definition. For westerners, I find that Buddhist concepts, particularly Buddhist psychology (Kornfield, Watts, Hanh, Batchelor, Loy) are essential introductions to Chinese thought, especially Taoism.

If you did some cut and paste, I wouldn't be surprised if my references showed up. Please note my intention to abide by the spirit and letter of post in the future.

Regards,

Blasto

If you read the topic clearly I wasn't whining at all. I was merely stating a fact that some people have come to me with the same confusion that it seems that a majority of topics ore replies to the topics are buddhist in nature. I also stated that it didn't care whether or not it was buddhist in nature.

I don't whine I usually just draw my sword. hahahahah

OMG

Stop whining and post something about the Dao yourself.

arrrgghh.

Craig

If you read the topic clearly I wasn't whining at all. I was merely stating a fact that some people have come to me with the same confusion that it seems that a majority of topics ore replies to the topics are buddhist in nature. I also stated that it didn't care whether or not it was buddhist in nature.

I don't whine I usually just draw my sword. hahahahah

en garde

OK, granted you werent whining per se.

But the fact you are stating is a commentary on too much buddhism, not enough Taoism.

My reply was, bring on the Tao yourself rather than talk about the oppressive presence of Buddhism.

Personally it's all conversation to be joined or ignored.

My joining here was probably less constructive and more noise about the too much Buddhism.

ha ha - thrust - parry - riposte

Daffy

PS - why are people coming to you in PM's or whatever. they too should post some good Taoishness.

PPS- I have nothing to say about the Tao now.

Well Folks,

Of course I must voice my opinion in a thread like this.

Sure, there are a lot of Buddhist concepts being discussed here. There are also a lot of Taoist concepts being discussed here.

Fact is, Taoism and Buddhism are very closely related at the root concept level.

There are many Taoists who opted for the Buddhist religious/spitituality rather than opting for the Taoist religion.

I see nothing wrong with any of it. It should be understood by all members that Buddhist concepts are going to be discussed here as well as Taoist concepts.

If a member wishes to see only Buddhist concepts discussed I would suggest that they could join one of the Buddhist forums.

It is a fact that many Taoist concepts are very similar to the Buddhist concepts so it might appear that we are discussing one or the other but in reality both are being discussed.

Let's not start another pissing contest, please?

Happy Trails!

I know I'm bringing up a subject that has been discussed recently in some way. But I think we should rename the forum The Buddha Bums. It seems there isn't much Taoist talk here at all except for a few listed topics and those turn into buddhist discussions.

I don't care but we should call it what it is. It causes some confusion among those newbies who come here looking for Taoist discussions. Many of which have asked me personally why it is called "The Tao Bums".

I have to admit it actually does get a little confusing at times.

Wudangspirit

The spokesperson for ALL Buddhists and Semi-Buddhists (like Dalai Lama who self-appointed himself as the leader of all Buddhists when he does not even represent all sects of Tibetan Buddhists?) has already explained the expected code of conduct here. You get bad karma if you don't follow it. Example, Nac got banned and got bad karma for not accepting :lol:

I speak for all Buddhists and semi-Buddhists and non-Buddhists who are interested in Dharma when I say that nobody is preaching, we are just having discussions. If you feel threatened or get angry and don't want to participate, then don't. It's as simple as that. Having polls like this and voting that its irritating only shows your own lack of security and unwillingness to have simple discussion.

And please don't equate Buddhism with vajrahridaya, mikaelz, xabir, lucky or nac. I have been reading some books lately and there is valuable stuff in Buddhism like every other religion. You should not let one bad bunch or their exclusive claim to superior spirituality shape your perspective towards entire Buddhism.

Edited by chicultivation

Fact is, Taoism and Buddhism are very closely related at the root concept level.

There are many Taoists who opted for the Buddhist religious/spitituality rather than opting for the Taoist religion.

I see nothing wrong with any of it. It should be understood by all members that Buddhist concepts are going to be discussed here as well as Taoist concepts.

It is a fact that many Taoist concepts are very similar to the Buddhist concepts so it might appear that we are discussing one or the other but in reality both are being discussed.

Exactly

I was just complaining about complaining...irony, just that simple

I was just complaining about complaining...irony, just that simple

Hehehe. I like that.

Happy Trails!

(like Dalai Lama who self-appointed himself as the leader of all Buddhists when he does not even represent

He is not self appointed. You should watch Kundun and get an education. He was appointed by a group of people.

He actually has tried to step down before but the Tibetan people keep wanting him to serve as the leader of the Tibetan people.

He is not self appointed. You should watch Kundun and get an education. He was appointed by a group of people.

He actually has tried to step down before but the Tibetan people keep wanting him to serve as the leader of the Tibetan people.

http://thenewvoice.wordpress.com/2008/04/1...-is-a-dictator/

http://www.amazon.com/Making-Modern-Tibet-...1367&sr=8-1

Edited by chicultivation

Dorje Shegdun is a practice that he has spoken against because the deity is considered an evil spirit by the majority of Tibetan Buddhists and the attachment to this deity brings detriment.

So... why should the practice of it's worship be attached to? They could just pick a different deity.

Someone outside of Tibetan Buddhism would bring up this one sided propaganda. :P You can live with your opinion.

Dorje Shegdun is a practice that he has spoken against because the deity is considered an evil spirit by the majority of Tibetan Buddhists and the attachment to this deity brings detriment.

So... why should the practice of it's worship be attached to? They could just pick a different deity.

Someone outside of Tibetan Buddhism would bring up this one sided propaganda. :P You can live with your opinion.

Ah, thanks again for the reminder, Vaj. According to your many posts, everyone else has opinion while you have the Truth. We keep forgetting...Tibetan Buddhism, and more specifically, Dzogchen is the highest form of spirituality that exists...everything else is lesser... keep reminding us, we're so deluded here. Thank God (or Lord Buddha) you're now amongst us to save us from ourselves.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Wait a minute, are you saying there are good and evil deities somewhere? Sounds like what the Falun Gong guy writes.

Ah, thanks again for the reminder, Vaj. According to your many posts, everyone else has opinion while you have the Truth. We keep forgetting...Tibetan Buddhism, and more specifically, Dzogchen is the highest form of spirituality that exists...everything else is lesser... keep reminding us, we're so deluded here. Thank God (or Lord Buddha) you're now amongst us to save us from ourselves. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

TIBETAN BUDDHISM RULES!!!!!!!

I Like that, Truth and Opinion...

When there is nothing like an absolute truth, is not every opinion then someone's truth? What is the conflict about?

Conflict and fanaticism (okay, "passion" for some) displayed here seem so unlike how Thich Nhat Hanh talks of Buddhism.

Conflict and fanaticism (okay, "passion" for some) displayed here seem so unlike how Thich Nhat Hanh talks of Buddhism.

Then go read some Thich Nhat Hanh. :) He also see's the wisdom arises from every place in the world, but he doesn't believe that every tradition leads to the same level of realization. I've read lots and lots of Thich Nhat Hanh.

Anyway... again, your blowing things out of proportion, much like Earth Song. It's like your talking to your own projections and interpretations that don't even really have much to do with anyone but yourselves.

TIBETAN BUDDHISM RULES!!!!!!!

Finally, something that makes sense comes out of your head. :)

Then go read some Thich Nhat Hanh. :) He also see's the wisdom arises from every place in the world, but he doesn't believe that every tradition leads to the same level of realization. I've read lots and lots of Thich Nhat Hanh.

Anyway... again, your blowing things out of proportion, much like Earth Song. It's like your talking to your own projections and interpretations that don't even really have much to do with anyone but yourselves.

I still fail to see your point. Everyone who disagrees with you or your gang (mikael, lucky, xabir fill that list) is wrong, talking to his own projections and don't have much to do with anyone etc. etc.?

Those who agree with you and scream Hail Buddhism are wise? Are you in first grade? By the way your gf is gone? Time to bring her back in :P

Edited by chicultivation

Those who agree with you and scream Hail Buddhism are wise?

Yup.

By the way your gf is gone? Time to bring her back in :P

Nope, she's right here. :)

Finally, something that makes sense comes out of your head. :)

I beg your forgiveness, Lord Vajrahridaya.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

I beg your forgiveness, Lord Vajrahridaya. I meant no offense. Of course everything I may post is only my projection and interpretation. I beg your forgiveness. Now that I have converted from Scientology and accepted Namkai Norbu as my personal Saviour and redeemer, I concur with everything you say, as it remains ever free of opinion, interpretation or projection, but rather reflects the unvarnished Truth of Eternal Buddhahood. As the Lord Buddha states very clearly: "I am the Way, the Truth and the Light. No one may enter my Kingdom except through Me (or one of my independent distibutors, preferably someone up-line, like Subcommandante Lord VajraVajrahridaya-Om)"

TIBETAN BUDDHISM IS NUMBER ONE AMONG ALL SPIRITUAL PATHS!!!!!!!!!

Right on!! You've done very well for yourself brother. You are free to move on in your life now.

Wait a minute, are you saying there are good and evil deities somewhere? Sounds like what the Falun Gong guy writes.

You did not answer my question. Is this an evil deity like Lucifer? If so, is Dalai Lama like the Christ?

Are not all Tibetan deities supposedly just manifestations of emptiness? How is one manifestation good and the other evil? Because Dalai Lama says so?

You did not answer my question. Is this an evil deity like Lucifer? If so, is Dalai Lama like the Christ?

Are not all Tibetan deities supposedly just manifestations of emptiness? How is one manifestation good and the other evil? Because Dalai Lama says so?

There are wrong intentions and good intentions. Dorje Shedrub is not like Satan, no... he's just a fallen being, that's all. Worshiping him makes his energy more powerful. Like if some being were praised and were followed around by lots of other beings, that power of that person would grow, like Hitler or something. There are other dimensions and beings that exist with much power. Dorje Shedrub is not a symbol for absolute Evil, just a being with bad intentions.

Your viewing too black and white.

There are wrong intentions and good intentions. Dorje Shedrub is not like Satan, no... he's just a fallen being, that's all. Worshiping him makes his energy more powerful. Like if some being were praised and were followed around by lots of other beings, that power of that person would grow, like Hitler or something. There are other dimensions and beings that exist with much power. Dorje Shedrub is not a symbol for absolute Evil, just a being with bad intentions.

Your viewing too black and white.

Ok, you blindly believe because DL says so and expect others to believe you, fine! I still don't see how this story is different from Satanic horror movies of the 70s :D

Edited by chicultivation

Ok, you blindly believe because DL says so and expect others to believe you, fine! I still don't see how this story is different from Satanic horror movies of the 70s :D

I'm not blind in my faith of the Dalai Lama as I've met him both in person and in dreams. But, your free to think that I do and that's ok with me if that makes you feel better.

Take care.

:)