enouch

SPRING FOREST HEALING?

I "beleive" in sick qi, I just don't feel the concept needs to always be overly emphasized :)

Good safeguards. For a healer the safeguards are just as(or more) important as the healing.

But how can this concept be overly emphasized in healing? What is there to heal unless there is sick qi? If we dont emphasize the mechanisms of sick qi, then how can we know what we are doing? And if we dont know what we are doing, well, then...

I think the subtle mechanisms of healing is overly underemphasized in the healing community. People are more into light and love and good fuzzy feelings(which is better than nothing), but too often confuse this with healing diseases.

Edited by sheng zhen

If we dont emphasize the mechanisms of sick qi, then how can we know what we are doing? And if we dont know what we are doing, well, then...

Because there are two extremes.

You can know, control and direct everything <-> you can go with the flow of the universe.

You can know, control and direct everything <-> you can go with the flow of the universe.

These not opposites. The more you know, the more you can be aware of, and the more you can flow with the universe.

Fair enough, a continuum then.

You can know more/less <-> you can flow more/less

in any combination.

How did all this work before there was language to describe it ;)

Fair enough, a continuum then.

You can know more/less <-> you can flow more/less

in any combination.

How did all this work before there was language to describe it ;)

haha, a contiuum of more/less anything, yes :D

No... it is not about knowledge vs. flow. Control vs. flow, yes! But not knowledge vs. flow, no. The flow you experience when you dont know anything, can not be compared to the flow you experience when you know a lot about what you are doing! A little boy will never experience the flow an experienced racecar driver can experience. For a little boy its all about the feeling of driving, but for a racecar driver its about skill! If you dont know what energies you experience, how can you communicate with those energies? The flow in the universe will pass you by simply because you dont recognize it.

Like the people holding hands that Ya Mu told us about. None of them recognized the sick qi passing through them. They probably thought they where healing eachother...

I don't think we are going to agree on this, and that is o.k.

The flow you experience when you dont know anything, can not be compared to the flow you experience when you know a lot about what you are doing!

<snip>

The flow in the universe will pass you by simply because you dont recognize it.

Knowing is good sometimes, but you don't need to know, or filter experience via knowledge.

intuition.jpg

:)

I don't think we are going to agree on this, and that is o.k.

Knowing is good sometimes, but you don't need to know, or filter experience via knowledge.

No, you dont need knowledge to have good and rewarding life. Intuition will do just fine. But to do healing and other arts, you need knowledge. And maybe more than knowledge you need awareness. Awareness of all the subtle things that happen during the healing, both in the healer, the client, and the room they are in. Knowledge and awareness is very rare in the healing community.

Mal, I didn't see this post before I posted the last two replies; it appears you were writing it at the same time I was writing.

I see virus come out of people's bodies when I do wei qi liao fa. It is just another form of sick qi. Most of the time the sick qi looks like a black cloud. The virus appears as a mass with a shooting star kind of shape or as lightning bolt kind of shape. I have literally seen the virus come out of one person and go into another, then watched that person get sick. I have seen energy healers who didn't believe sick qi existed do the same thing; they would project qi into the person and the sick qi would go into their bodies. It usually goes into whatever weak area a person has. For instance an energy healer that has broken their arm may feel pain in their arm after a session. But it doesn't have to be just energy healers, this is how sick energy gets passed from one person to another. I watched a group of idiots holding hands in a circle and saw a virus go from one to another; the next morning that person came in sick. I have seen this many times not just once.

Most but not all people who practice a powerful internal qigong system for 10-20 years get to where they can see this energy. So from my perspective virus is just like any other sick qi; this is the reason for me making the comments to both you and Jeremy about if you really believed ithat sick qi didn't exist why in the world would you wash your hands. From your replies it appears you put more stock into hand washing than Jeremy.

Now we get to your question of my opinion about the style that inhales the sick qi, lets the universe clean it and return it to the person. I have seen this before as well. I'll explain this in the next paragraph because I want to encompass the whole spectrum while we are at it.

Sick qi and energy healers.

Why do some systems say there is no sick qi? I would like to point out that this is contrary to traditional Chinese medicine. What happens in quite a few of the non-medical qigong systems is that the healer has enough energy to displace the sick qi but not enough energy to force it out of the person's body. So the patient feels initial relief but either the pain comes back in a few hours/couple of days or the patients own qi gradually dissipates it. In this case the healer has little to no reverse effect. An example of this is chiropractic. The chiropractor displaces the sick qi, the patient feels better, but then the patient hurts somewhere else the next day. Another example of this is reiki. It does matter, however, who the healer is. If they practice qigong and raise their energy body vibration rate then they will have more effect on the patient than if they don't.

The next example is when the energy healer does have enough power to displace the sick qi out of the patients body. If the healer is young and healthy, they will not notice any negative effect whatsoever to themselves. If they only work on one or 2 people a day and practice enough qigong, they may never have much negative effect for a long time. There is, however, an accumulative effect. I have seen many energy healers die young because of this. But the negative effect is reversely directly proportional to the amount of qigong they practice. In other words, I recommend a minimum of 3 hrs a day of qigong practice to anyone who projects energy to others.

Now we get the the 3rd example. I get asked or more honestly "thrown in my face" that people like Chunyi Lin projects qi and doesn't have any negative effect. I have met him, listened to him speak, and watched his energy. I have also met many of his students. The next paragraph will explain a portion of why this is.

When people practice qigong for a very long time, raising their vibrational rate to a high level, they then attain the ability to transmute the sick qi to Light (this is also the answer to your original question). I do this as well. BUT initially no one can actually do this. I can't tell you the number of energy healers I have met who THINK they can but really can't. These are the ones that die young or end up having to quit their healing practice. I would like to point out the attrition rate for massage therapists who work on people daily; there is an 80% dropout of therapists within 10 years. This is due to the fact that most are not paying attention to energetics or were taught some type of weekend course in energetics and they think they know all they need to know.

It may appear that I am overly concerned with this concept or that the system I teach is overly concerned. This is not true. I myself can transmute the sick qi so I am not concerned at all. But I am concerned for beginner energy healers that think sick qi doesn't exist. They are dead wrong and if they do not pay attention to it it can hurt them.

Bottom line. If anyone wishes to be a healer they need several things in their life. They need to KNOW in their heart that they are meant to do this. It is serious business and not child's play. They need to practice their qigong for several hours a day. Otherwise they can deplete themselves and/or accumulate sick qi. They need to firmly establish a connection with the Divine. It doesn't matter what a person wishes to call it, they can name this whatever they wish. They need to maintain sobriety. This is a serious path that requires introspection and dedication. They need to practice Virtue. For this is really the only way to get past a certain point in the goal of raising the energy body vibration rate.

Great post! This sounds like it covers all the bases pretty well here.

I had a few minor experiences with sick qi in my seminar with you...that I will share in my review, when I get to it. :D

Safeguard are there. Giving the negative energy to the earth, connection to the divine, and cleansing yourself after practice. ...

Sorry Mal, this is another thing I will take issue with (hey, this isn't personal, I don't even know you but I like you from reading your many posts!).

You are not alone with this "give the sick energy to the earth" approach. I have run into several systems that do this. I am utterly appalled at this approach. Let us examine it just as you wrote above - give the negative energy to the earth, connect to the Divine - woops, let us stop right here. The Earth is a living entity with an energy body just like we have. So do you (anyone) really think this is a Divine act? It would be just like one of us doing a healing on someone then dumping all this on someone else! The Earth has all the negativity it can handle right now. This is why I say the only real solution is to learn to transmute the energy to Light. I think people who do this dumping to the Earth have not really learned how to connect with the Divine. Because if they actually were connected they would feel this to be wrong.

But how can this concept be overly emphasized in healing? What is there to heal unless there is sick qi? If we dont emphasize the mechanisms of sick qi, then how can we know what we are doing? And if we dont know what we are doing, well, then...

I think the subtle mechanisms of healing is overly underemphasized in the healing community. People are more into light and love and good fuzzy feelings(which is better than nothing), but too often confuse this with healing diseases.

Agreed.

Far too many pseudo-healers like these warm fuzzy feelings and boy oh boy...What I don't understand is that a highly intelligent, rational human being will KNOW that they don't want to all of sudden start practicing brain surgery without being highly trained. But start talking about something that is even more complex, like energy healing, and it's like everyone's intelligence evaporates and all you need is [warm fuzzy feelings, I'll just give it to the universe, I'll just turn it into roses, I'll just let the Earth handle it] to make it happen, no repercussions, no knowledge, no preparation, etc.

... And maybe more than knowledge you need awareness. Awareness of all the subtle things that happen during the healing, both in the healer, the client, and the room they are in. Knowledge and awareness is very rare in the healing community.

Agreed

Oh, and I'll add this: I do not believe anyone (or at least very few) can actually transmute the sick qi into Light unless they have practiced a powerful internal qigong system for at least 10 years and projected qi for healing others for several years. It takes energy and INTENT and a connection/alignment with the Divine. The energy comes from the qigong practice, the INTENT is developed through years of helping others, the alignment with the Divine requires raising the energy body vibrational frequency, practicing Listening/Linking, Virtue, and following the Will of the Light.

But to do healing and other arts, you need knowledge.

Some systems do, some don't. So I disagree on the need for knowledge. Awareness is important.

(It's probably all just terminology quibbles that we wouldn't argue over in real life.)

Freeform, thanks :)

Ya Mu, very deep post, it's is good to read and re-read nice explanation of the whole spectrum and cumulative effects.

Perhaps I'm coming from a different perspective.

We have a healers that heal lots of people, perhaps as a way of life. Not too interested in exploring such systems yet.

But what about spring forests healer in ever family concept. i.e. you are only attempting to help those you already love and already have contact and connections with, friends and family.

At the end of this first DVD, Master Chunyi Lin discusses healing others with Qigong. He explains that many of his teachers think that healing others can only be accomplished after many decades of devoted Qigong practice, Lin disagrees.

A bit like the flu example transference of sick qi or basically energy would be happening regardless of any healing attempts and already dependent on relative vibrational levels or levels of mindfulness.

If a child walks up and hugs you, you feel better, and the child is not concerned about getting sick.

(Although most adults are physically "cleaner" than grubby sticky little children :lol: )

Yeah Chunyi Lin pretty much encourages people to start learning the healing right away in level 1. Level 2 goes more in depth.

As he teaches it, his students are supposed to practice qigong and meditate on their own, and that if they tried to do only healing, they wouldn't have built up enough energy to be successful. He says nothing about dangers of people's bad qi or whatever. It's like david2885 in an earlier post said, Chunyi Lin teaches us to look at it as "extra energy" that doesn't belong in that particular part of the body at that particular point in time, which is causing a blockage, which is manifesting as what we would call disease. In fact, he teaches that in the process of healing others, we're healing ourselves.

He very much does indeed encourage people to love the energy, turn it into butterflies, send it back to the universe, etc. whether they're working on themselves or somebody else. That's actually a recurring theme in non-qigong-related healing stories I've researched where people go into spontaneous remission after "accepting" and "loving" their cancer, telling their tumors they are welcome to stay in their bodies for as long as they want, for example (this was brought up in the recent "energy medicine" documentary, The Living Matrix, which I highly recommend).

It's a completely different perspective I guess. Not about resisting or fighting but accepting and loving.

I've been following the SFQ forum at Learning Strategies Corporation for years now. There are a lot of people who post there as they learn to do healing on friends & family, and I have never read there, or anywhere else, a negative testimonial about these healers becoming afflicted with sick qi.

There are, however, times when some people get temporary symptoms, for example the condition might get worse at first. Chunyi Lin teaches that this is the energy moving and blockages clearing up, sort of like the "healing crisis" that's known to happen when people switch to a healthier diet. This can happen whether people work on themselves or others. I have experienced this, which I'll tell a story about.

I tried, as an experiment, this sort of "walking meditation" where I was just wandering around the neighborhood by my apartment, focusing on my heart, and sending loving intentions to every single tree and creature and person I walked by. I did this for about an hour. When I was walking back to my apartment, going down the hallway to my door, two younger guys were standing by another door. I nodded, said hi, sent loving intentions to them, and as I walked by one of them did this weird body spasm and his leg kicked out to the side. Then he said thank you! I thought wow, weird, and walked into my apartment, closed the door behind me, then suddenly started sneezing! I sneezed about 12 times, then had a runny nose for a few hours. After that I felt better and stronger than before, and went into deep meditation that night. I knew, deep down, that I essentially did a sort of spontaneous healing with the guy without even thinking about it. The sneezing was a symptom of blockages clearing out. Funny thing is, when I did the brief healing on my neighbor's numb feet (she fears it might be a sign of diabetes), after she went back to her apartment, I started sneezing the same way, then had a runny nose at work that day. And again, I felt recharged and better than before, afterward. I actually enjoy when this kind of thing happens because it's a sign to me that it really did work. Of course, you could say that this is evidence that I caught some bad qi or something, but it only happened those two times, and as the person who experienced it, I'm pretty convinced that it was a case of blockages clearing out. And this is what Chunyi Lin would say. Helping others to heal, heals ourselves.

Great post! This sounds like it covers all the bases pretty well here.

I had a few minor experiences with sick qi in my seminar with you...that I will share in my review, when I get to it. :D

It becomes very real when you know and experience it, eh?

But what about spring forests healer in ever family concept. i.e. you are only attempting to help those you already love and already have contact and connections with, friends and family.

If a child walks up and hugs you, you feel better, and the child is not concerned about getting sick.

(Although most adults are physically "cleaner" than grubby sticky little children :lol: )

We should all strive to love others and help to the best of our abilities. Good concept.

But not the same thing as direct energy manipulation.

A bit like the flu example transference of sick qi or basically energy would be happening regardless of any healing attempts and already dependent on relative vibrational levels or levels of mindfulness.

It is true than energy can flow from a higher vibrational source. It is one reason we try to hang around our teachers that are of a higher vibrational rate. But displacement and removal of sick qi is something else entirely.

Let us examine it just as you wrote above - give the negative energy to the earth, connect to the Divine - woops, let us stop right here. The Earth is a living entity with an energy body just like we have. So do you (anyone) really think this is a Divine act? It would be just like one of us doing a healing on someone then dumping all this on someone else! The Earth has all the negativity it can handle right now.

Earth feeds on negative energy, just like trees feed on CO2.

Some animals need negative energy too.

Some plants also.

Not to mention that there are people that really enjoy it.

Edited by Little1

I think people who do this dumping to the Earth have not really learned how to connect with the Divine. Because if they actually were connected they would feel this to be wrong.

I 100% agree! It would be great if healers would learn to take responsibility for their work instead of projecting everything away.

I would say that this connection with the Divine must not be confused with a visualization of the connection learned at some weekend seminar. When the connection is there, which like you say takes years of training, the visualization comes as a result of the connection. Not the other way around.

These concepts go against so many healing buisnisses out there some, some even many thousads of years old traditions, so I understand I am stepping on some toes. But I think that when people grow up spiritually, they need to take more responsibility. On every level! Including the subtle ones.

If my spiritual development results in taking less responsibility I would seriously reconsider my teacher and the system I am in...

I introduced the concept of the family healer to the USA qigong community in the early 1980's. Don't know when Spring Forest healer in every family was introduced. It is a good concept. But I believe it should be a trained healer. And I do teach this.

Earth feeds on negative energy, just like trees feed on CO2.

Some animals need negative energy too.

Some plants also.

Not to mention that there are people that really enjoy it.

The only thing I believe is correct here is that some people do enjoy it.

Where in the world did you get the idea the earth likes negative energy? Watch the Earth's energy body in the evenings - get in a meditative state - and ask the Earth does it like negative energy. See what happens to the energy field as you ask. There's your answer.

I 100% agree! It would be great if healers would learn to take responsibility for their work instead of projecting everything away.

I would say that this connection with the Divine must not be confused with a visualization of the connection learned at some weekend seminar. When the connection is there, which like you say takes years of training, the visualization comes as a result of the connection. Not the other way around.

These concepts go against so many healing buisnisses out there some, some even many thousads of years old traditions, so I understand I am stepping on some toes. But I think that when people grow up spiritually, they need to take more responsibility. On every level! Including the subtle ones.

If my spiritual development results in taking less responsibility I would seriously reconsider my teacher and the system I am in...

Bingo! It is all about taking responsibility as the vibrant Beings of Light that we are.

I hope you are teaching. This knowledge is desperately needed right now. For every 2,000 people I expose to these concepts I only find a few that are really willing to assume responsibility. So much real ignorance of the true nature of energy and our connection to the Divine.

I hope you are teaching. This knowledge is desperately needed right now. For every 2,000 people I expose to these concepts I only find a few that are really willing to assume responsibility. So much real ignorance of the true nature of energy and our connection to the Divine.

I do not teach healing because of that exact reason ;) But I truly admire you and those who do teach real healing. I dont have the patience to deal with the 1,995 people that dont listen.

Watch the Earth's energy body in the evenings - get in a meditative state - and ask the Earth does it like negative energy.

See what happens to the energy field as you ask. There's your answer.

It changes.

Just like the evening sun returns as a morning sun.

Deep inside the womb of the earth, everything changes, evolves faster.

Just like inside a womb.

And energy itself, loves change...

The earth can act as a cauldron of transformation. If fact, maybe this is just what it is, on the inside.

Where in the world did you get the idea the earth likes negative energy? Watch the Earth's energy body in the evenings - get in a meditative state - and ask the Earth does it like negative energy. See what happens to the energy field as you ask. There's your answer.

I would support L1 in a sense that different systems have different and often opposite methabolism. What is poison for one is food for another. We can observe that throughout the Nature with many examples.

If a human being can transmute 'sick qi' as you say, can't the Earth do the same thing? The most fertile soils on Earth are the ones that have transmuted all the rotten (sick and dead?) living organisms.

It changes.

Just like the evening sun returns as a morning sun.

Deep inside the womb of the earth, everything changes, evolves faster.

Just like inside a womb.

And energy itself, loves change...

The earth can act as a cauldron of transformation. If fact, maybe this is just what it is, on the inside.

This is what you SAW when you got into your meditative state outside, observed the Earth's energy body and asked about the negative energy or is this an academic point of view?

I would support L1 in a sense that different systems have different and often opposite methabolism. What is poison for one is food for another. We can observe that throughout the Nature with many examples.

If a human being can transmute 'sick qi' as you say, can't the Earth do the same thing? The most fertile soils on Earth are the ones that have transmuted all the rotten (sick and dead?) living organisms.

What did you see when you went outside, got in a meditative state, watched the Earth's energy body, and asked about the negative energy or is this an academic point of view?

de-paradise

That, and from the earth's perspective, the dirty qi is merely shifted from one place to another. We are part of earth too.

Can you elucidate on this? Not sure what you mean.

Are we advanced enough to know?

What do you SEE when you go outside, get into your meditative state, SEE the Earth's energy body, and ask if negative energy is good for the Earth?

If you can stop the world and observe then you can know. YOU should be able to do that!