Sign in to follow this  
goldisheavy

Dzogchen Practice in Everyday Life

Dzogchen Practice in Everyday Life

Once in a while I do a search on "dzogchen" on google to see if anything "new" shows up. Today I ran across this link and liked it, so I wanted to share it.

It's not too long and I think it is very clear.

This has been one of my favorite meditation for quite some time.

Thanks for the reminder! ;)

Thanks for sharing gold interesting indeed.

Vajra- some of the practice put forth there would seem to be in contradiction with some of what you say, at least to my perception. for example you talk a lot about liberation and buddhadharma is the only path to liberation, etc. but the text reads:

"We should realise that meditation transcends effort, practice, aims, goals and the duality of liberation and non-liberation"

"The everyday practice of dzogchen is just everyday life itself. Since the undeveloped state does not exist, there is no need to behave in any special way or attempt to attain anything above and beyond what you actually are. There should be no feeling of striving to reach some "amazing goal" or "advanced state."

To strive for such a state is a neurosis which only conditions us and serves to obstruct the free flow of Mind. We should also avoid thinking of ourselves as worthless persons - we are naturally free and unconditioned. We are intrinsically enlightened and lack nothing."

maybe i have misunderstood you? or did i perceive correct?

cheers

maybe i have misunderstood you?

cheers

Yup.

These are realizations specific to understanding Nagarjunas expansion of the Buddhas explanation of dependent origination/emptiness.

There is no falling back on a primal essence, a Tao, a Brahman or anything as such.

or did i perceive correct?

Now you might. ;)

"We should realise that meditation transcends effort, practice, aims, goals and the duality of liberation and non-liberation"

Realization of effortless emptiness, the dependent origination of all things.

"The everyday practice of dzogchen is just everyday life itself. Since the undeveloped state does not exist, there is no need to behave in any special way or attempt to attain anything above and beyond what you actually are. There should be no feeling of striving to reach some "amazing goal" or "advanced state."

Everything is already pure, empty and uncompounded. I don't know how many times I've said this in this room, many though.

To strive for such a state is a neurosis which only conditions us and serves to obstruct the free flow of Mind. We should also avoid thinking of ourselves as worthless persons - we are naturally free and unconditioned. We are intrinsically enlightened and lack nothing."

Yup, we are inherently empty of any substance that binds. Liberation is merely the path of going through the different tenets to manifest the pure perception it takes to truly apply Dzogchen as the experiential interpretation of emptiness. Otherwise, people will just read Dzogchen and think they can act any way they want and it's liberation, because they make the intellectual excuse that all things are inherently empty and lacks any real substance and they fall into Nihilism acting on every wanton desire calling it liberation, instead of having the actual realization that Dzogchen is pointing to... they manifest hell realms. Which is why Dzogchen should not just be read about, it should be transmitted from a real teacher of Dzogchen.

So, generally one has to train the mind first through the lower tenet systems before actually pursuing Dzogchen. Most every Dzogchen teacher gives preliminary practices and purification practices before giving the Dzgochen initiations.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Sign in to follow this