宁

Contemplation Practice

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"empirical research of meditation facilitating faster development through the different consciousness stages..."

who did he learn from, who were his teachers? (exp from he himself)

:) I really like the way he waves his hands and makes tiny grimaces with his mouth while expressing himself

Edited by rain

who did he learn from, who were his teachers? (exp from he himself)

He has one Zen teacher he mentioned in an interview. I dont know the name. He probably has more teachers, but he mentioned this one especially. I think it was in the "cosmic consciousness" interviews.

An nice run on sentence, starting at 12:56. :lol:

"The contemplative practices of themselves, I think, make one vulnerable to the unconscious...so that the undigested emotional material of a lifetime...the dramas that we couldn't face as children and repressed into the unconscious (which are then stored apparently in the body and nervous system) are still lingering there with their energy, and influencing our decisions and attitudes towards life...but chiefly reinforcing the separate self sense, and the ego and its projects...which are opposed to contemplation."