King Kabalabhati

Ginger and lime

Peel and grate finely a nice big chunk of fresh ginger, squeeze the juice from it with a sieve cloth, then squeeze half a lime into it. This is a balanced digestive aid/flu preventive/stimulant for all body types. And it doesn't taste as hevy as plain ginger juice. Cheers!

A word of caution though, according to Ayurveda, ginger and aspirin are not considered good together.

Edited by King Kabalabhati

Peel and grate finely a nice big chunk of fresh ginger, squeeze the juice from it with a sieve cloth, then squeeze half a lime into it. This is a balanced digestive aid/flu preventive/stimulant for all body types. And it doesn't taste as hevy as plain ginger juice. Cheers!

mmm sounds good.. thanks :D

You're most welcome.

This drink I take daily, another herb tea that I take every other day is Corilla, also called Cerassie or Bitter Melon (leaves). It's a cooling blood cleanser like all bitters and it helps even out changes in blood sugar levels. If you're a fire type and especially if you have a sugar habit, then bitters is for you.

You're most welcome.

This drink I take daily, another herb tea that I take every other day is Corilla, also called Cerassie or Bitter Melon (leaves). It's a cooling blood cleanser like all bitters and it helps even out changes in blood sugar levels. If you're a fire type and especially if you have a sugar habit, then bitters is for you.

was just thinking.. isnt it kinda difficult to squeeze juice out of raw ginger? from what I remember... ginger is really hard. maybe using a juicer? i've never used a sieve cloth

Ginger is the root of evil, for which I am indebted. I am in a genuine search for enlightenment of the ego of the devil in my search for respect. The ego is the path to ginger. Lime is the translucency of matters of Tao by which the ego absolves one of all responsibility to be intelligent. Therefore, I say "fuck you!" and "I'm sorry!" and sqwueeze my sphincters of lime. I will quote the I Ching, smoke my revelations, and become one with marijuana. Those who question my path are fools. Those who cannot plummet the depths of my revelations still wear nametags. :lol:

Edited by Blasto

Mikaelz, you could also use a metal tea sieve. Just press the grated pulp against it, it should work.. You could even squeeze it in your fist :) Once you grate it finely, it's very easy to get the juice out.

One notice about lime: Ayurveda states it should not be used when there is cold or congestion in the body. That's when ginger (dry or fresh) and honey is more appropriate.

The same wisdom can tell us that adding cardamom to your tea or coffee helps to neutralize the stressful effects caffeine has on the adrenaline glands. Still it's not wise to drink more than a cup of coffee/tea a day.

Whoa, it's thundering here. RASTAFARI!

Edited by King Kabalabhati

I guess I should have mentioned this before as this thread has such positive feed-back & good humor...

Every day I make tea in a coffee-maker...

I slice up a large chunk of ginger, -probobly a few ounces at least, put it in the pot & let the hot H2O steep it for a couple hours. Seperatly I make another pot of green tea with honey. I squeeze two limes into that after it has steeped and then combine all elements and shake 'em - I prefer this mix chilled...

The purpose of seperation is saturation. Tea won't steep in lime infused H2O - And I want the ginger to have no competition gaining a purchase in the H2O !

I also swallow one small 10 cc- bottle of ginsing with my vits in the AM...

PS- Blasto that was great!!! :):D:lol:

PPS -what could one possibly have against name-tags... Apres-orgy they are quite useful!

Edited by Wayfarer64

My apologies! :D I was immersing myself in silliness in a lame attempt to transmute previously rendered animosity. You guys probably know what im talking about.

You can't say like that. Not everyone thinks like you. You're being rude and offensive. What are you afraid of? How old are you anyway? Do you realize you're talking to real ginger people? :angry:

Ginger is the root of evil, for which I am indebted. I am in a genuine search for enlightenment of the ego of the devil in my search for respect. The ego is the path to ginger. Lime is the translucency of matters of Tao by which the ego absolves one of all responsibility to be intelligent. Therefore, I say "fuck you!" and "I'm sorry!" and sqwueeze my sphincters of lime. I will quote the I Ching, smoke my revelations, and become one with marijuana. Those who question my path are fools. Those who cannot plummet the depths of my revelations still wear nametags. :lol:

sometimes I put a small piece of ginger with the carrots in the juicer and it enhances the taste.

Twinings brand have a lemon and ginger tea which tastes nice and warming and has lemon grass. For me at least, it subdues excess kidney yin. Your combination sounds nice, maybe I'll try it later. Another way to use lime and lemon is to boil them whole to keep in the skin fragrance then add that water to the ginger shreds.

In india we mix ginger, lime with sugar cane.

If you are around Indian stores in NY - Jackson Heights OR Edison NJ, they make fresh sugar cane juice in many stores.

Any one really interested in food ingredients for over 75,000 products check out the website FoodFacts: Nutrition Facts

Edited by JazZen

In india we mix ginger with sugar cane.

If you are around Indian stores in NY - Jackson Heights OR Edison NJ, they make fresh sugar cane juice in many stores.

in the middle east we have sugar cane juice mixed with one whole lime, a popularized recipe from egypt.

In india we mix ginger with sugar cane.

Any one really interested in food ingredients for over 75,000 products check out the website FoodFacts: Nutrition Facts

i live right by edison. thanks for the tip! i tried sugar cane juice when in India and it was pretty good :)

the Lime and Ginger are both transparently translucent, empty of self-nature, and dependently originated due to your past actions. anyone who can't see this is a FUCKING MORON. :o:lol:

Edited by mikaelz

sometimes I put a small piece of ginger with the carrots in the juicer and it enhances the taste.

Twinings brand have a lemon and ginger tea which tastes nice and warming and has lemon grass. For me at least, it subdues excess kidney yin. Your combination sounds nice, maybe I'll try it later. Another way to use lime and lemon is to boil them whole to keep in the skin fragrance then add that water to the ginger shreds.

In China - food is seen as preventive medicine.

Cold drinks are rarely taken - even in the summertime as they artificially destroy the natural Yang force of the body.

Ginger, as a Yang fire root, is one of the more common seasonings that is used at different concentrations and styles such as ground, juiced (tea), and sliced as a breath mint.

My own favorite invention in this category is 'Tang' in cold water in a blender with about 2 sliced & frozen bananas = a frozen instant smoothie. You should see the look on my Chinese friends face when they see me make the drinks - just before they say - "You drink Bananas ???"

Here's a website of recipes for summer & autumn: http://www.rawfoods.com/recipes/

By the way - When I lived on the mountain where the Temple of 10,000 Buddhas is located - I discovered that many of the enlightened Taoists & Buddhists, with the exception of rice, use a strictly raw vegetable diet.

In the monestaries though - they cook.

Cool thread :)

If push comes to shove and I just want to get the effect, I'll just cut off a chunk of ginger, shave off the skin, then chew it quickly and down it with a lot of water - I'll usually do this if I'm not too lazy before breakfast and it always keeps my stomach running smoothly.

R

Yeah gingers great =P.. I usually get it from ginger ale <_<:lol:

I missed this one the first time

Blasto and mikaelz ROFL too funny :P I use to have to wear a name tag and combined with a poor memory I was forever wondering if I knew these people of if they had just read my name while I wasn't looking :lol:

My own favorite invention in this category is 'Tang' in cold water in a blender with about 2 sliced & frozen bananas = a frozen instant smoothie. You should see the look on my Chinese friends face when they see me make the drinks - just before they say - "You drink Bananas ???"

Orange Tang and bananas.... o.k.

Actually it might be nicer than it sounds but I've always wanted to use this post icon :D