Sunya

colon cleansing

hey guys, thinking of trying a colon cleanse. I haven't had the best of diets and regularly get gas/bloating. during meditation I can feel cramps so this might be good for me.

I got Yogani's book on Diet Shatkarmas and Amaroli. he says that Basti (enema) is really great to cleanse the colon. especially for those who are doing kundalini work. I also spoke to Robert Bruce about this, and he says colon cleansing is great to release blockages and let energy more loosely flow around the base center (root chakra).

I found this, my mom does it, its a system that uses herbal formulas to cleanse the colon, and also has tonify the other organs. have you guys heard of it? what do you think?

http://www.dualactioncleansenow.com/e-ingredients.aspx

looking for any opinions/experiences on cleansing.

:)

Edited by mikaelz

My advice is this--dont buy into the cleanses that show pictures of grotesque dark stuff (not poop) that have come out of people while using their brand of cleanse. Or rather, if you do a cleanse and get such a result, realize it is likely not 'toxic buildup' or 'mucoid plaque', but rather an ingredient in the 'cleanse'. Some sites sell pills, or drinks that you take, and they have all kinds of pictures of the crazy stuff that comes out of peoples butts.

I have sat in on colon scopes, and believe me, there isnt plaque build up or anything of the such. Doctors give patients some stuff called 'go lightly' and they shit like its going out of style, then the next day their colon is squeeky clean.

Now then, I do think a colon cleanse every now and again is good for you, as is not eating one day of the week. Just dont be led astray by the marketing. I think enemas are probably ok, if a bit unnecessary. Increase your dietary intake of fruits and vegetables, melons especially, and consider doing a liquids only diet for 1-3 days and your body will cleanse itself.

But, do what you will, just please be safe.

I have taken herbal cleansing product before and I think they may very well help your body clean itself out, and you feel better for it.

My advice is this--dont buy into the cleanses that show pictures of grotesque dark stuff (not poop) that have come out of people while using their brand of cleanse. Or rather, if you do a cleanse and get such a result, realize it is likely not 'toxic buildup' or 'mucoid plaque', but rather an ingredient in the 'cleanse'. Some sites sell pills, or drinks that you take, and they have all kinds of pictures of the crazy stuff that comes out of peoples butts.

I have sat in on colon scopes, and believe me, there isnt plaque build up or anything of the such. Doctors give patients some stuff called 'go lightly' and they shit like its going out of style, then the next day their colon is squeeky clean.

Now then, I do think a colon cleanse every now and again is good for you, as is not eating one day of the week. Just dont be led astray by the marketing. I think enemas are probably ok, if a bit unnecessary. Increase your dietary intake of fruits and vegetables, melons especially, and consider doing a liquids only diet for 1-3 days and your body will cleanse itself.

But, do what you will, just please be safe.

I have taken herbal cleansing product before and I think they may very well help your body clean itself out, and you feel better for it.

hm.. thanks.

yeah I think these are over marketed. i read more and decided just to try some Triphala, which is an ayurvedic herb made up of 3 flowers that regulates digestion. It seems that a lot of the western colon cleanses are just strong laxatives. I don't know how good that is for you.

Rhubarb root is considered a good purgative in Ayurveda, mild but effective. I've tried Senna and it works. Love the water enema, especially the first time made me feel fery light inside.

what about

Colonblow

or

Clay

:)

hm thanks!

I think most people recommended Psyllium Husk powder.. idk about the clay though.. i'll look into that more.

since i've heard great things about both Triphala and psyllium husks.. i looked around and found this. it seems legit http://www.planetaryherbals.com/products/GP1553/

The best cleanse out there is Arise and Shine, http://www.ariseandshine.com. But its hard...

and super expensive!

what was your experience with it?

Edited by mikaelz

Triphala btw is not a purgative, rather a laxative so you can use it daily. Stronger purgatives are not for regular use, they may damage the bowel if overused. Still they are very good to use every now and then, they can loosen some pretty hard rocks from within :)

and super expensive!

what was your experience with it?

I have not done it yet because it is expencive and difficult to import to Norway. But I have a lot of friends who have done it and Ive seen their change. Its a 4 week program with three weeks of fasting. Drinking only some brown/gray gooey thick drink and some special tablets.

I have also seen, and done, a lot of other colon cleanses. And none can compare to the Arise and Shine cleansing program.

I have done this one many times: http://www.holistichorizons.com/. Its simple, easy, and does not demand any diet. Yet it is very effective. It last three months though...

Edited by sheng zhen

Triphala btw is not a purgative, rather a laxative so you can use it daily. Stronger purgatives are not for regular use, they may damage the bowel if overused. Still they are very good to use every now and then, they can loosen some pretty hard rocks from within :)

yoyo King..

according to this book triphala is a purgutive.. but I think considered 'light' so its not too forceful

have u tried Triphala? was it good?

i'm thinking of just doing a Triphala + Psyllium combo

whats a good strong purgutive?

Edited by mikaelz

I have not done it yet because it is expencive and difficult to import to Norway.

I have also seen, and done, a lot of other colon cleanses. And none can compare to the Arise and Shine cleansing program.

I don't understand how you can say its the best but you've never done it :P

can someone please look over these ingredients to see if its any good?

http://www.dualactioncleansenow.com/e-ingredients.aspx

Edited by mikaelz

I don't understand how you can say its the best but you've never done it :P

I told you... I have seen the effect it has on people :P

I told you... I have seen the effect it has on people :P

I see I see. well maybe the same effect could've been had on those people by just taking some Psyllium husk and fasting? Idk. just being cynical and making up an excuse not to spend 200$

Rhubarb root is the best purgative according to Ayurveda (or what I've red about it) , Senna is the only thing I've tried so far and it works well, took it in the morning, there was some funny feelings and a bit of griping in the stomach thru the day, a hangover-like feeling for a few hours and then some small "rocks" and mucus (called ama in Ayrveda) came out. Good riddance for sure.

The terms "mild purgative" and "laxative" do overlap somewhat.

To make it more clear, Rhubarb root is considered "milder" only in relation to Senna which causes more griping as it does its thing. Both should work very well in occasional use.

FOOD COMBINATIONS are an essential part of avoiding (or increasing) ama, the toxic mucus that forms in the body. Ayurveda has a lot to say about this.

Edited by King Kabalabhati

FOOD COMBINATIONS are an essential part of avoiding (or increasing) ama, the toxic mucus that forms in the body. Ayurveda has a lot to say about this.

can you recommend a book or place to start learning about this?

I found this, it seems related? although more geared towards Chinese medicine not Ayurveda

http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Whole-Foods-...n/dp/1556434308

quickly found this book on Ayurvedic Cooking, has a chapter on food combining

http://www.amazon.com/Ayurvedic-Cooking-Se...6391&sr=8-1

Edited by mikaelz

I got first kicked into A. by this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Book-Ayurve...6884&sr=8-1

The cookbook I have also, it's a good one with lots of medicinal info on food substances. It seems you need to read many books in order to get a good picture of Ayurveda, I have five altogether plus I've done a lot of browsing on the web. These two books will already give you a solid foundation.

can you recommend a book or place to start learning about this?

I found this, it seems related? although more geared towards Chinese medicine not Ayurveda

http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Whole-Foods-...n/dp/1556434308

quickly found this book on Ayurvedic Cooking, has a chapter on food combining

http://www.amazon.com/Ayurvedic-Cooking-Se...6391&sr=8-1

I've found Oxypowder the bee's knees... a bit over-marketed, but works very very well...

I did my cleanse for 9 days - taking oxy powder at night before bedtime, some very light belly massage in bed... then in the morning a clay and psylum shake. And pretty much a vegetarian diet throughout the 9 days. It worked nicely. :)

I see I see. well maybe the same effect could've been had on those people by just taking some Psyllium husk and fasting? Idk. just being cynical and making up an excuse not to spend 200$

well, no. I have done many cleanses and fasts myself. Dr. Gray, drinking clay, water fasting, fasting with 1 hour sauna and 3 spoons of chili everyday, fasting with juices, herbal cleanses, etc. And Ive seen other people do many other colon cleanses that I have not done. And non can compare to the effects of Arise and Shine. Seriously.

It is very expencive, yes. And very difficult to do. It demands both disipline and money. But it is the best ;)

Other than that I can recommend Dr.Gray colon cleanse. The link I posted in my last post. That one is the most effecive I know of that also is easy and cheap.

Dumb question time! Why do you want to "clean" your colon?

Also maybe dumb, maybe not. Does doing things to you colon affect any chakras? Unless of course they don't exist. But even if they only exist symbolically, same question.

Few of us have lived the ideal life for oul colons (or the rest of the system) to be naturally clean. Faulty eating habits, unhealthy attitudes, too much sitting down etc etc all lead to toxins building up in the intestines and colon, along with other organs. Cleansing the colon with herbs and enemas can be very good for the overall health of a person so that probably translates to more open channels and more "loving potential", meaning positivity and ability to concentrate.

Flush your troubles away!!! :lol:

Also, Queen Afua's book "Sacred Woman" states that certain eating habits like too late dinners cause the colon to prolapse on the womb, thus pressing it in a non-healthy way. This can lead to more serious conditions and general illness of the womb, which is the woman's "creative center".. In general women should take better loving care of their wombs, so many cancers of the womb could be prevented with proper care and affection.

I've had some really good experiences with the Colon Cleanse kit from Blessed Herbs.

You mix organic apple juice with a mixture which includes psyllium husk, bentonite clay, apple pectin and your choice of ginger root or peppermint. You also take a digestive stimulator that has a variety of herbs including chinese rhubarb.

I'm not sure if it's common with other cleanses but each bowel movement was such a release that it stimulated some major bliss! I was looking forward to every trip to the can!

They also have a more comprehensive internal cleanse kit which addresses each of the organs more specifically.

Highly recommended!

Edited by Gats

Dumb question time! Why do you want to "clean" your colon?

Also maybe dumb, maybe not. Does doing things to you colon affect any chakras? Unless of course they don't exist. But even if they only exist symbolically, same question.

hey kate, because my digestion is screwed up. constant bloated feeling plus gas... and sluggish feeling. years of bad diet did this. i read a colon cleanse can really help this. i've been taking chinese herbs for the past 2 months that target stomach/spleen qi dampness and deficiency but they haven't done much. chinese herbs take a long while to take effect, i have a couple lipomas and they are definitely shrinking. its a really slow process to get rid of dampness.. i think a colon cleanse that im doing now with psyllium + bentonite clay can help clean the intestines a bit. which should give me more energy because of easier digestion and removal of toxins.

i think chakras are effected. Robert Bruce told me that a colon cleanse helps with the root chakra. all traditional societies like India, China, Tibet stress the importance of diet. thats beacuse the body, energy body, and mind are interdependent. so a body full of toxins will affect the energy channels and this affects the mind.

I've had some really good experiences with the Colon Cleanse kit from Blessed Herbs.

You mix organic apple juice with a mixture which includes psyllium husk, bentonite clay, apple pectin and your choice of ginger root or peppermint. You also take a digestive stimulator that has a variety of herbs including chinese rhubarb.

I'm not sure if it's common with other cleanses but each bowel movement was such a release that it stimulated some major bliss! I was looking forward to every trip to the can!

They also have a more comprehensive internal cleanse kit which addresses each of the organs more specifically.

Highly recommended!

hey man, thanks. I looked at their colon cleanser and its basically what i'm doing now. the main ingredients of their "toxin absorber" are psyllium husks and bentonite clay. .. their Digestive stimulator seems pretty good. it contains Triphala which is an ayurvedic herb which I just bought. if I had the money, I'd get their cleanser. it seem really good. i'm sure the other ingredients are useful as well and make the process easier.

Edited by mikaelz

The nerves in the intestines come from the same place as the nerves in the brain in the embryo. Thats why we call the stomach "the second brain".

A clogged up intenstine full of hard and impenetrable mucus from a lifetime of bad and undigestible food makes it hard to think clearly. After a good colon cleanse you become clear. Both your aura, the rest of the energy system and the mind become clear and you experience life in a totally different way.

If you dont experience this clearity, the conlon cleanse was not good enough. (though any cleanse would still be better than nothing!)