froggie

Ergonomic furniture, ergonomic accesories, etc

Hey guys, what do you think of things like:

http://www.togu.de/index.php?artikeldetail...〈=en-GB

http://www.togu.de/index.php?category_id=3...p;lang=en-GB#92

look at the other 'items' too, there are some interesting things there, right?

Also in line with the thread about making people's "tail" loose again, correcting the atlas bone,

preventing certain kinds of disease by having good ergonomic furniture? real relaxation versus not so good relaxation and recouperation, etc?

Apparently the seats are also good for meditation and the neck things also (neck straight and relaxed, etc, more energy, etc.)

Good subject, no?

I have had one of these kneeling chair for years 112105_multi_368b.jpg

Very comfortable for 2~3 hours, after that the pressure on the shins makes things a bit sore.

I guess mine is no longer made as the above is the closest I could find, just missing the castor's.

Edit: This is closer but I don't have the scooped seat

wl-sb-101-gg.jpg

Unfortunatly I don't have this either Naughty!

The neck rest looks like it is doing an occipital pull, which is very nice for removing head aches. I do not think it would be very convertible for long term use though.

Along these lines, anything that supports the neck while letting the back of the head stay flat and even with rest of the body is a VERY good thing for people who sleep on their backs. This strange compulsion to angle the head upwards with tall pillows is terrible for the neck. I use a firm, small, airplane-style pillow with those small beads inside to give support to my neck when I sleep. This type of head support does not work for side sleepers, though.

Has anyone ever tried those ball chairs that Michael Winn was pushing a few year ago?

[url=http://www.healingdao.com/ballchair_instructions.html]http://www.healingdao.com/ballchair_instructions.html[/url

Edit: I looked closer at the neck rest. :)

Edited by Zhuo Ming-Dao

Personally, I think this is the best idea for an ergonomic chair, although it's expensive...

animareajaylayers525inch.gif

Called a "Swopper". There are cheaper ones called "Sitness 20", which are probably just as good.

Also, you can't expect to sit in a chair for hours on end and remain healthy. Not even the perfect chair. It's good to get up and be moving. Or sometimes to lie down and completely relax. Basically whatever feels right in the moment, is good to do, in moderation.

But then, if people actually took that into consideration, there wouldn't be all of this ergonomic chair business. Ka-ching.

Those kneeling chair suck, theres no power/rooting in that position. I used one for ages, and I also had a friend who had one and we always just ended up sitting on it like a normal chair lol.

So better to just sit on a standard chair, positioned near the edge (not using backrest).

Edited by Magitek

I disagree, obviously YMMV :P

Has anyone ever tried those ball chairs that Michael Winn was pushing a few year ago?

No. But we do have one of those fitness balls in the office that we sit on from time to time. We buy them for the physiotherapy department. Unfortunately the one that was recommended as the right size for our height and weight isn't the right size to sit on and use the computers with the desks we have, so we can't use it very often.

I disagree, obviously YMMV :P

No. But we do have one of those fitness balls in the office that we sit on from time to time. We buy them for the physiotherapy department. Unfortunately the one that was recommended as the right size for our height and weight isn't the right size to sit on and use the computers with the desks we have, so we can't use it very often.

It's time for new desks i reckon :P

Edited by froggie

Yes & we already have a few nifty height adjustable desks.

But between yoga, tai chi, and playing cards during breaks we are rarely at our desks long enough to need good ergonomics :)

(I love my job)