DalTheJigsaw123

What Exactly Is A Kundalini Experience?

What Exactly Is A Kundalini Experience? I believe I had an experience, but not sure if this was it. I was about to go to sleep, when I had this tingly and uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. It went from my groin area; to the top of my mouth. It lasted for maybe 15-30 seconds? It felt like a snake moving around in my body. Was this a Kundalini experience?

did it come out of your mouth as a burp? :P was probably gas.

might've been prana, or chi, moving around. i feel chi much more when im falling asleep or just wake up. for obvious reasons. kundalini is intense. its when the subtle essence of chi is awakened,there is usually a strong event that leads to a non-physical experience. theres also sexual energy sublimation and deepening of awareness. it'll happen naturally if you keep meditating, its not the end all be all, just a step on the way as attachment to the physical body lessens.

No.

Then what is it, in your own words?

did it come out of your mouth as a burp? :P was probably gas.

might've been prana, or chi, moving around. i feel chi much more when im falling asleep or just wake up. for obvious reasons. kundalini is intense. its when the subtle essence of chi is awakened,there is usually a strong event that leads to a non-physical experience. theres also sexual energy sublimation and deepening of awareness. it'll happen naturally if you keep meditating, its not the end all be all, just a step on the way as attachment to the physical body lessens.

Ahh, I see! So, Nirvana of some sort?

Ahh, I see! So, Nirvana of some sort?

No. like I said, its a step on the path.

Here are some first hand accounts of kundalini.

http://books.google.com/books?id=_meUf86FO...;q=&f=false

http://books.google.com/books?id=cHBzcJmbi...;q=&f=false

(Read 10-15 pages into each.)

If it didn't feel like a nuclear bomb went off in your energy body, it wasn't kundalini :D

Thank you so much!

No. like I said, its a step on the path.

Thanks! Great!:)

Leon,

Awareness changing (expanding, awakening, shifting, or whatever) is the biggest key that it has to do with kundalini, and isn't simply another meaningless body sensation.

Focusing on meaningless body sensations, and hoping they happen more, isn't a good thing to do. It's better to just notice it naturally and move on.

I guess the same thing could be said about actual kundalini symptoms. :lol:

Leon,

Awareness changing (expanding, awakening, shifting, or whatever) is the biggest key that it has to do with kundalini, and isn't simply another meaningless body sensation.

Focusing on meaningless body sensations, and hoping they happen more, isn't a good thing to do. It's better to just notice it naturally and move on.

I guess the same thing could be said about actual kundalini symptoms. :lol:

Thank you Scotty! That makes a lot of sense!:)

Thank you Scotty! That makes a lot of sense!:)

In my experience, I've had several small enlightenment experiences with one ball buster - which seem to be growing each time.

The Kundalini are of a different nature as they are what I term as 'risings' and are also growing in direct relation to my amount of practice. They also work along the spine in much the way you have described.

What worked for me was this book: (85 pages with 10 of the 85 being pictures - a very easy read.)

The Five Tibetans at http://www.amazon.com/Five-Tibetans-Dynami...l/dp/0892814500

As far as being 'The' experience - I shy away from the term. What I do work toward is a growing and hopefully never-ending experience - which, so far, it has been - for the last 20 years.

My analysis of the 2 styles of enlightenment coming from: Buddhist meditation and Kundalini meditation is that Kundalini is interesting in a hatha yoga way whereas the Buddhist styles of meditation will take longer but will, by far, give back the most.

What I am also finding is that when I meditate -the experiences seem to be an extension to each of the forms of meditation. This is to say that although the physical symptoms may have ceased, the mental growth is still happening.

Currently I am exploring Astral Projection (OBE) through using the Savasana.

The problem I am having is - when I get out - where do I want to go?

Playing with Conceptionalization whle using meditation is another.

Edited by ~jK~

In my experience, I've had several small enlightenment experiences with one ball buster - which seem to be growing each time.

The Kundalini are of a different nature as they are what I term as 'risings' and are also growing in direct relation to my amount of practice. They also work along the spine in much the way you have described.

What worked for me was this book: (85 pages with 10 of the 85 being pictures - a very easy read.)

The Five Tibetans at http://www.amazon.com/Five-Tibetans-Dynami...l/dp/0892814500

As far as being 'The' experience - I shy away from the term. What I do work toward is a growing and hopefully never-ending experience - which, so far, it has been - for the last 20 years.

My analysis of the 2 styles of enlightenment coming from: Buddhist meditation and Kundalini meditation is that Kundalini is interesting in a hatha yoga way whereas the Buddhist styles of meditation will take longer but will, by far, give back the most.

What I am also finding is that when I meditate -the experiences seem to be an extension to each of the forms of meditation. This is to say that although the physical symptoms may have ceased, the mental growth is still happening.

Currently I am exploring Astral Projection (OBE) through using the Savasana.

The problem I am having is - when I get out - where do I want to go?

Playing with Conceptionalization whle using meditation is another.

Thank you for sharing!:) It was great to read other peoples experiences.

One of the higher level experiences is where the cosmos and all time and all information is pouring through you and pouring right back at it at the same time. It feels like the cosmos is so small and so large simultaneously. Quite non-dual.

One of the higher level experiences is where the cosmos and all time and all information is pouring through you and pouring right back at it at the same time. It feels like the cosmos is so small and so large simultaneously. Quite non-dual.

Have you experienced this?

Last summer I had just finished meditating and was getting into bed when I felt an intense heat go from my chest up my neck to my brain. My entire brain felt like it was on fire, but not in a painful way. I had this intense feeling of gratitude to the point that it brought tears to my eyes. I just kept saying,"Thank you, thank you" over and over to myself.

It has taken me awhile to share this experience with anyone. I did not even tell Tao until after completing my KAP1 course...well, if he hasn't read my journal, then he may not know, yet. :o

For the next few weeks, I felt like I had become more sensitive. Unfortunately I was visiting my mother in Atlanta and she kept taking me to the malls. Everytime people came within a certain distance of me, I felt them touching me, even though we had never made physical contact. If someone was standing in the same room as me, I felt them without knowing where they were. Even in Tai Chi classes, I could feel my partner's intent during pushing hands.

The experience left me feeling a little bit crazy. I guess I was not quite ready to experienced any kind of heightened awareness or possible siddhis. What my experience did do was increase my faith in God to the point that I returned to my church and began my path in seeking to become an ordained minister.

I still meditate, I still try to read the Tao Te Ching and the few commentaries I own on Buddhist Sutras. I still read the Tai Chi Classics and practice my Tai Chi. Why? Well, the world isn't painted red in the blood of Christ! There are Taoists, Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, and other people who I still want to connect with on some level. My particular experience came after I finished meditating. For me, it was the grace of God that allowed me to have that experience--not anything I did. Someone else may have different results or opinions--that's okay with me.

I'm not saying any of this to convince anyone reading to go out and join the church--this is just my own experience and I feel if I ever reach the point of having a fully awakened Kundalini that the people who need the most help from me are people in the church...so that's why I'm here at Seminary learning the Bible, how to preach, and ways to put a worship service together... and the bread and grape juice isn't bad either. :)

Edited by Prince...

Have you experienced this?

What is an I that experiences?

But... yes.

The experience left me feeling a little bit crazy. I guess I was not quite ready to experienced any kind of heightened awareness or possible siddhis.

Yes, it can be strange. For a number of years I couldn't sleep... much at all. I was too aware of the manyness of cosmos. The multiple things that are happening simultaneously. I was quite ungrounded. I still wrestle with that at times. I went on medication for a bit, but it only made me a dense, insensitive and depressed person, plus my meditations were completely devoid of energy and I had no sexual energy to speak of, which for a spiritual being is utilized as cosmic creative energy for awareness deepening. But, I was like a zombie for that month of medication. So... I dropped the medication and went back to practice and I tell you, happiness, that type of spontaneous joy that everything is just liberation itself is the best protection against any sort of fear of this type of heightened awareness and sensitivity!! Joy is the best medicine!!

I'm not saying any of this to convince anyone reading to go out and join the church--this is just my own experience and I feel if I ever reach the point of having a fully awakened Kundalini that the people who need the most help from me are people in the church...so that's why I'm here at Seminary learning the Bible, how to preach, and ways to put a worship service together... and the bread and grape juice isn't bad either. :)

The Buddha said his Bodhisattvas would teach in other religions besides Buddhism. ;)

Edited by Vajrahridaya

What Exactly Is A Kundalini Experience? I believe I had an experience, but not sure if this was it. I was about to go to sleep, when I had this tingly and uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. It went from my groin area; to the top of my mouth. It lasted for maybe 15-30 seconds? It felt like a snake moving around in my body. Was this a Kundalini experience?
I think it would be farrrr more intense than that.

Anyhow, has anyone read any of Gopi Krishna's books? He has written so many, I need some help in choosing which ones to buy?

Here's just a few from his prolific list:

Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man

Living with Kundalini

The Awakening of Kundalini

Kundalini: The Secret of Yoga

Ancient Secrets of Kundalini

Higher Consciousness and Kundalini

The Way to Self-Knowledge

The Biological Basis of Religion and Genius

Divine Possibilities in Man

The Dawn of a New Science

The Wonder of the Brain

Three Perspectives on Kundalini

Shape of Events to Come

Reason and revelation

Kundalini: Empowering Human Evolution : Selected Writings of Gopi Krishna

Kundalini for the New Age: Selected Writings of Gopi Krishna

I have the pdf of 'awakening of kundalini' and I have to say it's pretty dull to

be frank. I was hoping for a lot more, but he just goes on and on about how

science should accept it, which is a fair point but I don't wanna read a WHOLE

book with that point repeated add infinitum.

I really wanted to get my hands on living with kundalini, that's supposed to be

the better one. If you want the pdf so u can have a little look Vortex then just

let me know.

I think "Play of Consciousness" is a better presentation on Kundalini Awakening as well it's supported by tons of traditional texts on Kundalini. "Daughter of Fire" is pretty good as well. "The Sacred Power" is also very good and talks about how kundalini manifests in different spiritual traditions from native Americans, to Bushmen, to Christians and others and their different names in different traditions. If you want a scientific approach. All of Joseph Chilton Pearce books are wonderful and very, very smart. He was a leading professor of child psychology back in the 70's who contributed to many advances. Check this one out and many of his other books as well... Bond of Power.

I have read Gopi Krishna, but... eh, there are better in my opinion.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

No.

I dont mean to be disrespectfull Scotty, but what are you talking about?

If Kundalini represents a change in awareness, wouldnt you say that being aware of a snake moving about inside you is a change in awareness?

Its not that I would automaticly affirm the experience as Kundalini, as I do think this happens way to quickly with people who are eager to think that they are Evolving. It is more that After 15 years of Kundalini experience, including running a Kundalini support group for two years for Kundalini freak outs, I feel very uncomfortable just blanket stating that something is or is not Kundalini without trying for further Information.

Peace :)

Leon. I definatly may be. wait and see...

Last summer I had just finished meditating and was getting into bed when I felt an intense heat go from my chest up my neck to my brain. My entire brain felt like it was on fire, but not in a painful way. I had this intense feeling of gratitude to the point that it brought tears to my eyes. I just kept saying,"Thank you, thank you" over and over to myself.

It has taken me awhile to share this experience with anyone. I did not even tell Tao until after completing my KAP1 course...well, if he hasn't read my journal, then he may not know, yet. :o

For the next few weeks, I felt like I had become more sensitive. Unfortunately I was visiting my mother in Atlanta and she kept taking me to the malls. Everytime people came within a certain distance of me, I felt them touching me, even though we had never made physical contact. If someone was standing in the same room as me, I felt them without knowing where they were. Even in Tai Chi classes, I could feel my partner's intent during pushing hands.

The experience left me feeling a little bit crazy. I guess I was not quite ready to experienced any kind of heightened awareness or possible siddhis. What my experience did do was increase my faith in God to the point that I returned to my church and began my path in seeking to become an ordained minister.

I still meditate, I still try to read the Tao Te Ching and the few commentaries I own on Buddhist Sutras. I still read the Tai Chi Classics and practice my Tai Chi. Why? Well, the world isn't painted red in the blood of Christ! There are Taoists, Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, and other people who I still want to connect with on some level. My particular experience came after I finished meditating. For me, it was the grace of God that allowed me to have that experience--not anything I did. Someone else may have different results or opinions--that's okay with me.

Any Thomas Merton in your studies? His outreach to the East was remarkable.

Any Thomas Merton in your studies? His outreach to the East was remarkable.

I suppose my most uninformed and intuitive assessment of a genuine Kundalini experience would register on me if I noticed a psychological shift after feeling a particular chakra open up a bit. I am not actively working on my MCO and am focusing instead on the Little Orbit, just keeping a nice turbine-like movement in the lower dantien. I am unschooled in the subtle differences between a kundalini vibe and a chi flow along a meridian, but when energy does ascend up the front channel, it invariably stops, localizes and pulsates at my heart chakra for a good length of time. I have come to associate this physical sensation with a corresponding increase in compassion. Something tells me I have a good amount of blockage clearing before my MCO is ready to flow again (in the opposite direction of course), but the brow, throat and heart chakras still need a little more clearing out. I would love to believe that it is kundalini that is ascending, but I cannot rule out the psychological effect of expectation on subjective experience.

Thats great prince. I hope you find congregations that will be supportive of your experiences and further education.

Here is a great Christian Master at work-

http://www.thomhartmann.com/1997/01/01/the...master-stanley/

blessings in your chosen path

dont label it JUST DO IT.

OPen your Kundalini there are "ways".

:)

:lol: Yes!

This is interesting.

- changes in attitude

- changes in motivation

- changes in understanding of yourself

- changes in understanding your role in life

- changes in your relationship to certain aspects of life (pretty conceptual - but still;-))

I often read about distinctly "physical" stuff here for K.

So if you have big fire snake sensations up your back and the next day nothing else has changed in your understanding, is that Kundalini?

And if you have it - what will you do with it? More power to your Big Mac?