Sign in to follow this  
MatthewQi

Couple of Tao Practitioner Links

Was in chat for a bit tonight and was asked to post the links as others might find them interesting or useful:

Glenn Morris' Site:

http://www.wholisticarts.org/morris.html

Susan Carlson's Kundalini Support Network (KSN) site:

http://www.kundalinisupportnetwork.com/

If you are into martial (I am not) you will probably enjoy Glenn's books, seminars, etc.

If you are drawn to the spiritual path minus the martial aspect then Susan's KSN seminars might resonate with you.

Both are very familiar with and teach Taoist methods and are modern Kundalini Masters.

Matt

This post probably belongs in suggestions for the site. These 2 sites Matt mentions, particularly the Kundalini Support probably would be worth while to have in our LINKS section.

Just a thought

Michael

Mathew,

It used to be that Glenn Morris taught at the KSN events with Susan Carlson. Do you know what happened if there was a split or just minor differences in teaching sstles?

Do you have experience with Morris's Meditation Mastery series?

Was in chat for a bit tonight and was asked to post the links as others might find them interesting or useful:

Glenn Morris' Site:

http://www.wholisticarts.org/morris.html

Susan Carlson's Kundalini Support Network (KSN) site:

http://www.kundalinisupportnetwork.com/

If you are into martial (I am not) you will probably enjoy Glenn's books, seminars, etc.

If you are drawn to the spiritual path minus the martial aspect then Susan's KSN seminars might resonate with you.

Both are very familiar with and teach Taoist methods and are modern Kundalini Masters.

Matt

9046[/snapback]

Hi Matthew,

I would like to add the following link:

http://www.fire-serpent.com/

Angelique is right up there in my book :)

Her BDSM stuff is used as a screen to filter out people who are too polarized.

In meeting her, i found a wise, kind, funny and enlightened soul.

To Tumo

I bought Glenns Meditative Mastery series 8 or 9 years ago unfortunately on cassette. I really like it, he's probably updated it since them. Much of it follows his original Pathnotes books. Like the book he's all over the place from Kundalini to Yoga Sun Salutation to healing techniques to guided meditations.

If you like him and his books, the series would be worthwhile.

Michael

Mathew,

It used to be that Glenn Morris taught at the KSN events with Susan Carlson.  Do you know what happened if there was a split or just minor differences in teaching sstles?

Do you have experience with Morris's Meditation Mastery series?

9115[/snapback]

Tumoessence (and Farooq),

Yes, he did teach at KSN for a bit , as well as Angelique (as farooq mentioned her name - yes, should add her too, good point).

I remember hearing about them not teaching with KSN anymore but don't recall why. KSN is a traveling gig (different cities, being on the road) so maybe they didn't want to travel. I think when I asked Angelique about it recently, she just said she was just moving on or got bored :) I didn't look to deep into it as they all still seem to get along and post on the KSN site in a supportive way :)

Matt

Speaking of links, the link on this site to Silent Ground does not go to Silent Ground. It seems Minke has awakened and is making her CD's available. Her web site is Silentground.com

Michael

I don't know if anyone has heard of Daniel Odier. I read his book "Desire: A Tantric Path to Awakening. I really enjoyed it. He is coming to NYC November 20th to give a seminar. I have an email in to get the details, I will post them here on this thread when I get them.

Hey Matthew, I've come across a few comparisons of lesser kan and li with kundalini, (like in the glenn morris book "pathnotes of an american ninja master") With the idea being that the energy activated by lesser kan and li is comparable or analogous to kundalini.

As someone who seems to have experiences of both, I am curious to hear how you would compare and contrast the two.

Hi Mike!

All paths lead to Rome :)

There really isn't much more to say about it other than different traditions and people may call it something different.

Regards,

Matt

Couple of Tao Practioners walk into a bar,

One is from the Southern School,

One is from the Northern School.

Bartender says, ..."

I don't know if anyone has heard of Daniel Odier.  I read his book "Desire: A Tantric Path to Awakening.  I really enjoyed it.  He is coming to NYC November 20th to give a seminar.  I have an email in to get the details, I will post them here on this thread when I get them.

9138[/snapback]

Here is the info I received...

Dear friends,

Daniel Odier, author of "Tantric Quest" and the the "Yoga Spandarika" will be teaching this coming week in New York City! The teaching will focus on Mahamudra Yoga and Tandava (Siva Dance) in particular, but also reach to other topics within the Practice.

On November 17, there will be an evening class from 7-9 PM, and on Sunday November 20th, there is a full-day workshop from 9 AM to 5 PM.

For more information, please go to : http://ganeshdas.com/DanielOdier/index.html

Please feel free to share these links and email with friends that may also be interested. If you wish to reserve a spot in either class (highly recommended), just email me at this address. We may have space left on the day of the classes, but please contact us first if you can.

Sign in to follow this