So it's more Nyingmapa and Kagyupa as in the old traditions from India before the Gelugpa. But, the Bonpo is supposedly the left over from the Buddha previous to the Shakyamuni Buddha. As it says in ancient texts that Shakyamuni even met a few left over monks from the previous Buddha practicing the teachings of the Buddha previous to Gotama way up north in the moutains. So supposedly Bonpo is actually ancient Buddhist pre-Gotama Buddhism as their Cosmology was already quite the same as Buddhist Cosmology already even before Vajrayana came to Tibet. Which is why it wasn't so, so hard for it to become the national religion. Many of it's concepts were already a part of it's native Shamanism.

This is a great video though. He's actually re-enacting the way I dance in clubs... lol.

Except I move a little faster. :mellow:

I suppose?

Edited by Vajrahridaya

This will help calm you down. Just energy focused movement through the hands, completely relaxed in the body, opening the nadi's, meridians out/in through the hands.

:)

This will help calm you down. Just energy focused movement through the hands, completely relaxed in the body, opening the nadi's, meridians out/in through the hands.

:)

HA NICE ONE THANKS FOR THAT :)

Hey Santi,

Ok so you post a vid but you dont comment...I'm on edge :)

Does this look familiar to you? I know that you have a VAST amount of knowledge in Tibetan teachings.

Blessings.

Santi has always been saying Max is really Bonpo. Sorry that really means nothing to me, i'm just a parrot, so don't probe me further. So maybe Santi posted to show Maxes true "roots" (so to speak) in Bonpo in a subtle way.... He also mentions Bonpo in his short lecture on kunlunbliss.com. Maybe Santi wanted us to pick up on that. I am just guessing. There seems to be a bit of cleverness behind the thread ;)

Santi has always been saying Max is really Bonpo. Sorry that really means nothing to me, i'm just a parrot, so don't probe me further. So maybe Santi posted to show Maxes true "roots" (so to speak) in Bonpo in a subtle way.... He also mentions Bonpo in his short lecture on kunlunbliss.com. Maybe Santi wanted us to pick up on that. I am just guessing. There seems to be a bit of cleverness behind the thread ;)

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. People read way too much into things. Max is trained in lots of different systems and styles. None of it has anything to do with Kunlun directly. He spent 29 years with Lum sifu. You think all he learned was Red Phoenix? Kunlun is a combination (primarily as more can be taught) of two of the highest practices he has learned (and willing to teach publicly). Both of them Maoshan but from different sources.

Out of the many different styles he has learned and after many years of dedication he has stated that everything he has achieved can be done with the practices he has put together to call Kunlun. So yes, he may have Bonpo but that has nothing to do with Kunlun. He knows and teaches lots of shamanic stuff to some people but does not call it Kunlun.

The fact is he has spent a lifetime training. Most people that comment on him have spent a few years at most even the hopping from one system to the next learning from DVD's lol. Out of that lifetime of training he has discovered that all he achieved can be done with the two practices he called Kunlun. Understanding that peoples egos need history and linage, he created that also. Right or wrong it was done in order to pass this teaching on.

Direct experience over time (not two months fimbo, lol) is the only way to find out what is bullshit and what is not. So many people of these forums want to put in their 2 cents and feel important. Giving advice when they know nothing about their own self. Like a fat person giving advice on health and nutrition we must be cautious of what anyone tells us. Only by doing we will know. And by doing I'm talking years not hours or months. You think your going to loose that fat belly in a week?

Edited by Biff

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

I went to the guy whose channel it was on's site and he was talking about how circle walking comes from the Kunlun mountains. Actually, Kunlun is regarded as the birthplace of a lot of what became Taoism. And Kunlun is the border between China and Tibet, i.e. WAAAAY away from the heart of ancient China (by ancient standards). I used to blow Santi off when he said a lot of the old Chinese stuff goes back to ancient Bon, but I'm coming around to that point of view. Though I would prefer to phrase it as "They have a common root". The question then becomes how was that ancient kingdom of the Tibet connected to the ancient Vedic civilization.

I went to the guy whose channel it was on's site and he was talking about how circle walking comes from the Kunlun mountains. Actually, Kunlun is regarded as the birthplace of a lot of what became Taoism. And Kunlun is the border between China and Tibet, i.e. WAAAAY away from the heart of ancient China (by ancient standards). I used to blow Santi off when he said a lot of the old Chinese stuff goes back to ancient Bon, but I'm coming around to that point of view. Though I would prefer to phrase it as "They have a common root". The question then becomes how was that ancient kingdom of the Tibet connected to the ancient Vedic civilization.

Bon is supposedly the remnants of the previous Buddha before Gotama. The Bonpo's have names of their great beings from history dating long before Vedic culture which is most likely a blend of Persian and Indus valley. Vedic is somewhat racist, there's even a quote from a Veda that says the dark skinned ones cannot make it to heaven. Thus all the dark skinned ones were generally the outcaste. I can't recall exactly which Veda and where though. Indus valley has a culture that pre-dates Vedic civilization, it's just not too known about and most of it's history is pretty wiped out. The South Indians were not really part of the Vedic as in the Tamil Nadu's.

These are all theories, and some agree, others do not. But, the vedic culture is not strictly Indian in origin.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Again with the cleverness,

This time we see Max with a moustache.

What I find wierd is how hunched and stooped he seems to be around the neck area. I do not see how doing that could be good for power.

Bon is supposedly the remnants of the previous Buddha before Gotama. The Bonpo's have names of their great beings from history dating long before Vedic culture which is most likely a blend of Persian and Indus valley. Vedic is somewhat racist, there's even a quote from a Veda that says the dark skinned ones cannot make it to heaven. Thus all the dark skinned ones were generally the outcaste. I can't recall exactly which Veda and where though. Indus valley has a culture that pre-dates Vedic civilization, it's just not too known about and most of it's history is pretty wiped out. The South Indians were not really part of the Vedic as in the Tamil Nadu's.

These are all theories, and some agree, others do not. But, the vedic culture is not strictly Indian in origin.

I have read that the Vedic culture came with an invasion of "Aryan" peoples from the north and may have over run the Indus Valley culture (although this an old interpretation).

I am a bit skeptical about claims that Bon is a former Buddhist cycle as this seems to me like an attempt by Buddhism to assimilate (and subsume) the earlier religion into theirs - much like Christianity absorbed pagans gods as saints and so on. It also justifies Buddhists using shamanism - because this way it is not strictly non - Buddhist.

What I would like to ask, anyone who knows, is what is Bonist about the first vid? Do Bonists actually practice in this way? I have never seen anything to suggest they do. Can someone explain?

Thanks.

You're right. What I should have said is "How does the ancient Tibetan kingdom, the pre-Vedic Indic civilization, and the Vedic civilization relate to each other as far as the sharing of spiritual practices is concerned?"

Amazing where you find these videos.

I thought Max didnt want any one recording or posting these out on you tube.

It says somewhere on the Dragon Gate Sanctuary website, that Max gave Christopher Lee Matsuo his permission to sell the videos of him. Lots of cool stuff there, it seems. http://www.dragongatesanctuary.com

You're right. What I should have said is "How does the ancient Tibetan kingdom, the pre-Vedic Indic civilization, and the Vedic civilization relate to each other as far as the sharing of spiritual practices is concerned?"

Vajrasattva once recommended a book, "Bo and Bon". That is probably the best bet for learning about these things. I haven't read it yet, but it's on its way.

Edited by Scotty

It says somewhere on the Dragon Gate Sanctuary website, that Max gave Christopher Lee Matsuo his permission to sell the videos of him. Lots of cool stuff there, it seems. http://www.dragongatesanctuary.com

Vajrasattva once recommended a book, "Bo and Bon". That is probably the best bet for learning about these things. I haven't read it yet, but it's on its way.

Are they for learning purposes? As in, can anyone imitate the postures and attain the same effects? Side effects?