Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

"Fear No Man" www.CloseCombatTraining.com

Anyone know what the story is with this stuff?

Fear No Man

Discover What The Martial Artists & The Army Don't Want You To Know...

www.CloseCombatTraining.com

It's kind of weird seeing this in here.

From the looks of the video, I could take that guy and I'm not even a fighter. No experience with the product...however I don't think that's necessary after seeing the website.

If someone really wants to "fear no man" just take boxing classes with a good coach and work out. Of course no one can ever be unstoppable...there is always someone better than you. But if you just want to feel more safe from bullies or walking through a bad part of town, then that's enough.

There are things like target focus training, which is developing muscle memory to kill or seriously injure...but that's not even appropriate (when are you faced with a life and death battle, where you need to kill the opponent???), and it's more like icing on the cake, rather than the foundation of the fighter. Someone with that type of training who works hard at it still won't stand up against a simple boxer who is in good shape. :lol:

To my eyes, it doesn't look any worse or any better than a dozen other quick self-defense systems. (Disclaimer: I am saying this without having watched the DVDs.)

He says his system works without being in shape, without practice, and without experience. These are supposed short-term benefits. In the long term, however, these are liabilities, and set a ceiling on what you can accomplish.

All I will say is never, ever underestimate the strengths and abilities of your enemy. What we see may be only a shadow of reality.

Be well!

I have seen Tim's before. Yes, I think it is good.

The second one is stuff that is taught to the US Army Special Forces.

Be well! (and be nice!)

I don't know whether it works or not, but here are some red flags that I see upon a very brief glance at the webpage:

- Claims to impart knowledge that others don't want you to know

- Claims to be "UNBEATABLE in the streets"

- Further claims that it is unbeatable regardless of age or fitness level

- Makes outlandish claims, such as: "If you'd like to know how even someone who is slow, out-of-shape and has zero self defense experience can, in one hour or less, know more about surviving brutal street attacks than most black belt karate masters... then this letter will show you how."

- Claims that the system does not require any practice and that everything can be learned in a few hours, and will thereafter be "'locked in' your mind, your neurology and even your muscle fibers forever"

'But what if your attacked by a woman?' you'd be powerless :o

I bought the target focused training a few years ago. Its good, like the name says, focus on a target-like the neck, don't think about anything else, don't worry about getting hit, get the target, then focus on the likely reaction/vulnerability caused by the hit and only that.

Its interesting. Its certainly the opposite of technique oriented. Which I consider a strength.

Michael

I have not seen the DVDs before but I have read about it and seem to remember that this is another Thomas Keen type. The training is recycled from Green Dragon Studios and is basically Stone Warrior, Snake turns over etc.

Edited by Biff

Michael, Senshido would go perfect with Aikido.

Still, not exactly matching the "no harm" path.

1xt8706J-aY

- Makes outlandish claims, such as: "If you'd like to know how even someone who is slow, out-of-shape and has zero self defense experience can, in one hour or less, know more about surviving brutal street attacks than most black belt karate masters... then this letter will show you how."

But most black belt karate masters are slow, out of shape, and have zero self defense experience......... :unsure:

I liked that Senshido vid.

Chairs and belts and one vs many practice. Good stuff.

Sign in to follow this