Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

OT: software for creating a CD?

Just a short question. I would like to have a program that allows me to create links... I want to get my collection of acupuncture material toegther. similar to creating a webpage. I want to have the ability to click on a word and get to a new page. I want to be able to integrate little video sequences... it shall become my electronic acupuncture booklet that I can cary around on DVD...

any ideas?

thankx much in advance

Harry

PS: best that it is not too complicated

Sounds like you want a Wiki. You want it to run locally on a Windows machine?

9037[/snapback]

Yep, yep. And later to be burned to a DVD to carry all the knowledge of thousands and thousands of years in my pocket...

what's a wiki?

Harry

A Wiki is typically a web-based collaborative document that multiple user's can edit. There are a bunch of them and most are open source but you'll need someplace to host it online. Wikka is a cool one I use.

Or you can check out Backpack which is hosted for you.

If you prefer a local application, check out Treepad which I wouldn't know what to do without. Also someone told me to check out BrainStorm but I haven't had a chance yet.

Sean

Update ... I just discovered this awesome program last night called EverNote. Really cool piece of software. It's taggable note feature is something I've been looking for everywhere for several months now. Don't know how I missed this one. I've already purchased it and not only impulsively dumped all my TreePad, Backpack and Wikka notes into it, I've also made it my central Getting Things Done implementation, replacing my previous GTDMail workflow which I came to find lacking in some important ways.

Have you looked at Trunks site? His Alchemical site (see his personal info for exact address). Maybe something like you're looking for. Not only does he store and cross link his ideas and essays, but he also has it available as a downloadable self running version. Very neat.

If its something close to your idea you should PM him and find out what software he used.

Michael

Sign in to follow this