TheSongsofDistantEarth

My Pledge to the TaoBums

I hereby pledge never to use, utter, think, or write the word 'reify', (reification, reifying, reifier, etc.)... I firmly believe this word to be a cunning and dangerous Trojan mind virus, instantly brain-numbing any who use it or encounter it, placing all around into a stupor, and creating egocentric delusions of grandeur, false wisdom and illusions of actual spiritual attainment when in fact, it does just the opposite. Unfortunately, undoubtedly, I will probably still encounter it here in this forum, and in anticipation of that, I clutch tightly this ancient and powerful Taoist amulet to ward off the evil.

Signed,

Sifu Percy J. Dovetonsils

Ancient Order of The Brotherhood of the Here and Now

P.S., to see for yourself the damage that that word can do, do a search on this forum for 'reify' and 'reifying'...but I cannot be held responsible if you are left a jabbering idiot for the next few days.

Don't say I didn't warn you!!!

Don't become irrationally averse (opposite of attachment) to a neutral word. Reify is an actual term used in science and philosophy. Look up it's meaning and use it when appropriate IMO. Protest when you think it's being misused.

I hereby pledge never to use, utter, think, or write the word 'reify', (reification, reifying, reifier, etc.)... I firmly believe this word to be a cunning and dangerous Trojan mind virus, instantly brain-numbing any who use it or encounter it, placing all around into a stupor, and creating egocentric delusions of grandeur, false wisdom and illusions of actual spiritual attainment when in fact, it does just the opposite. Unfortunately, undoubtedly, I will probably still encounter it here in this forum, and in anticipation of that, I clutch tightly this ancient and powerful Taoist amulet to ward off the evil.

Signed,

Sifu Percy J. Dovetonsils

Ancient Order of The Brotherhood of the Here and Now

P.S., to see for yourself the damage that that word can do, do a search on this forum for 'reify' and 'reifying'...but I cannot be held responsible if you are left a jabbering idiot for the next few days.

Don't say I didn't warn you!!!

Made me laugh. I have always just ignored the word and the sentence it was used in.

Be well!

play along (with someone or something)

1. Lit. to play a musical instrument with someone or a group. The trombonist sat down and began to play along with the others. Do you mind if I play along?

2. Fig. to pretend to cooperate with someone or something in a joke, scam, etc. I decided that I would play along with Larry for a while and see what would happen. I don't think I want to play along.

:lol:

I have always just ignored the word and the sentence it was used in.

Smart, real smart. :blink:

I really hope that when I get as old as you I don't become as petrified. That's actually my vow.

Signed,

Mikael

Edited by mikaelz

Smart, real smart. :blink:

I really hope that when I get as old as you I don't become as petrified. That's actually my vow.

Signed,

Mikael

Personal attacks only show your extreme immaturity.

And I suggest that if you actually live your life the way your present it on this forum you will never get even close to my age.

Be well! (none-the-less)

The cause of this thread is?

A desire to insult one another.

So are you into Cajun fiddlin'?

Some of the most beautiful waltzes can be heard listening to Traditional Cajun music.

Be well!