baloneyx

What do you see differently when your 3rd eye is open or opening?

I wonder if this means Shakyamuni Buddha is still having an ongoing Enlightenment process? :unsure:

Hi SereneBlue.....

There is no "final enlightenment".....despite what I'm sure Vajrahridaya says (I don't know for sure as I have him 'ignored' and didn't read his post...so I guess I am being egotistic in assuming....sorry Vaj). Only the Buddha himself could answer that question Knowingly. What I myself Know is that for me, there is always more to drop. Enlightenment is not an "on/off" thing. It is a process......the journey never ends it only changes "forms" (? not sure if 'forms' is the best word to use here....words are always inadaquate).

In my experience/opinion, enlightenment is a "flawed" concept because it is just that; a concept. When it becomes experience it is no longer "enlightenment" it is just another step along the path.

Love,

Carson :D

Edited by CarsonZi

"Carson Zi is partially right, but not fully correct. There is the constant realization that transcends process, but process still happens, even though one is realized beyond the process.

If you are constantly in the state of recognizing the empty and interdependent nature of everything? The endless process is constantly and spontaneously self liberating in every spherical moment for someone in that realization. Thus, one is fully and totally enlightened"

Maybe it is just me, but I regularly find this kind of language and writing style to be positively impenetrable, cloudy, and utterly inconclusive. At my tender age of 49, I have found few writers/teachers who can offer their readers the gift of explanatory power while simultaneously delivering such flowery imprecision. Great minds have never had to hide behind such ornate obfuscations.

I honor your exuberance, your passion, your appetite for knowledge and wisdom. But I simply have to ask, and I won't ask again - what is your educational background? Who have you studied with? I'm not so naive to think that a formal college education fills all intellectual gaps, but there is something to be said for the process whereby we test the veracity of our views with other students in a classroom environment.

The ability to present information in a comprehensible style is a sign of true learning. The inability to do so is usually, although not always, a sign that deep internalization of material hasn't happened.

I know this is aggressive inquiry. All I can say is that I would willingly subject myself to the same if asked.

VH has a great love for run-on sentences in his writing. It makes it hard sometimes to understand what he's really saying. That's one reason why I find the Dalai Lama's explanations so much easier to understand. Of course the Dalai Lama can also afford good editors. :P

When one comes to realize their "Silent Core" it becomes easy to take the "self/ego" out of the writing....then there is no need for editting because it is not "you" who is writing as everything just "flows".

Love,

I'd say I would become more confused about the third eye after reading this whole thread :lol:

But thanks guys, I enjoy reading all your experiences and assumptions ^_^

"Carson Zi is partially right, but not fully correct. There is the constant realization that transcends process, but process still happens, even though one is realized beyond the process.

If you are constantly in the state of recognizing the empty and interdependent nature of everything? The endless process is constantly and spontaneously self liberating in every spherical moment for someone in that realization. Thus, one is fully and totally enlightened"

Maybe it is just me, but I regularly find this kind of language and writing style to be positively impenetrable, cloudy, and utterly inconclusive. At my tender age of 49, I have found few writers/teachers who can offer their readers the gift of explanatory power while simultaneously delivering such flowery imprecision. Great minds have never had to hide behind such ornate obfuscations.

If you understood emptiness directly. You would have a different conclusion. It doesn't matter if your 49 or 16.

Do you really have experiential understanding of dependent origination? Do you know that emptiness means non-self-abiding entity? How much time have you given to sincere meditative practice? How much of the Buddha canon have you studied?

If one is constantly aware of emptiness which means dependent origination, then nothing binds at all anymore. There is no more learning in that sense, only constant re-ornimentation on a tree that is always rooted in the ground of complete realization.

This is what Sammasambuddha means.

Carson Zi obviously is not that well studied in Mahayana. Buddhahood means constantly awake, everything illumined, no more shadows. It doesn't mean partially awake, or awake only sometimes.

The Quality of Sammasambuddha

A Sammasambuddha is endowed with certain special knowledges. Of these knowledges, we will recall six at this moment. These are exclusive knowledges to him. No one else has these.

(a) When he directs his mind to someone else, he is able to fully realise and understand the degree and development of the five Spiritual faculties. He is also able to assess which faculties are stronger and which are weaker, whether they are balanced or not ("Indriya Paropariyatte Gnanya").

(B) Whenever he directs his attention to another he is able to assess the degree of greed aversion and ignorance in such persons. As a result of these two knowledges, he is easily able to understand the position of the other being, and accordingly he gives the necessary right advice ("Sattanam Asayanusaye Gnanaya").

© He is endowed with the ability to know which person or which group of people he can assist and advise and show the way at a given point of time. When he emerges from that state of abiding, he knows today I can help such and such people. It may be human beings, it may be divine beings, it may be Brahmas and accordingly he goes forward and gives them the right advice, the right guidance, the right objects of meditation and paves the way for their liberation ("Mahakarunasamapathi Gnanaya").

(d) He is able to create various forms by bringing together both the watery element and the heat element. Whilst maintaining water and fire together he is able to create various forms. It is the one psychic power performance that only a Sammasambuddha can perform. However, he used it only on very special occasions when it was absolutely necessary in order to pave the way for him to teach the dhamma, to break some barriers in certain people ("Yamaka Maha Prathiharaya Gnanaya").

(e) Whatever dhamma, whatever situation that he directed his mind to, he came to understand that completely. He knew all those proximate causes, all the root causes that go to bring up such dhammas ("Sabbanhuta Gnanaya").

(f) Whenever he directs his mind to something, there arises no obstacles to his understanding, to his comprehension, Nothing covers his ability to comprehend the true nature of the thing that he has directed his mind to. Of course the mind has got to be directed, or there has to be mindfulness directed to that object ("Anavarana Gnanaya").

These are six exclusive knowledges exclusive to a Sammasambuddha. And these six exclusive knowledges are a great asset to him when he comes out to teach the true dhamma to the entire world. That is why he is able to expound this teaching in such brilliance, with such perfect examples and in a manner that no one else has ever done, or will ever do. We can consider all these knowledges and powers as a part of this Sammasambuddha quality, of the Tathagata.

This is all from... http://www.beyondthenet.net/buddha/qualities.html

When one comes to realize their "Silent Core" it becomes easy to take the "self/ego" out of the writing....then there is no need for editting because it is not "you" who is writing as everything just "flows".

Love,

The Dalai Lama does not speak English Carson. Of course he's going to need translators and editors. The flow is not inherently perfect, only the realization of the flow from a Buddha is.

Of course... because I'm on ignore... Carson may never read this.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Ok Vajrahridaya....I am going to go against my better judgment and engage with you....

If you understood emptiness directly. You would have a different conclusion. It doesn't matter if your 49 or 16.

And I suppose you are saying that YOU "understand emptiness"? Emptiness can not be understood my friend. It can be experienced and that is it....to say that you "understand" emptiness means you really don't.

Do you really have experiential understanding of dependent origination?

I know this was directed at Blasto but I am going to be arrogant enough to answer it anyways......Yes I do, and talking about it is futile....something you seem to completely miss.

Do you know that emptiness means non-self-abiding entity?

Emptiness does not MEAN anything Vajra.....it just IS. This is why it is pointless to talk about it. Once you truly experience emptiness you will agree I am sure.

How much time have you given to sincere meditative practice?

As much as my energetic body can handle without going into overload.

How much of the Buddha canon have you studied?

Enough. Not that it makes ANY difference. "Buddhism" was the Buddha's path to enlightenment, not mine. My path is my path and that's the way it 'should' be IME.

If one is constantly aware of emptiness which means dependent origination, then nothing binds at all anymore.

Including the concept of dependent origination...it just IS once you are constantly aware. The fact that you keep talking like this makes it very obvious (to many of us I'm sure) that you are nowhere close to the "level of attainment" you claim to be.

There is no more learning in that sense, only constant re-ornimentation on a tree that is always rooted in the ground of complete realization.

There is always more to experience thus there is always more to learn.....once you have raised your awareness to heart level and are fully embodying the virtue of compassion you need to learn to utilize WISDOM within compassion, as straight compassion leads to martyrdom. Once you have experienced the union of wisdom and compassion there is yet even MORE to learn/experience....and more, and more, and more until re-creation happens for All. Noone is "fully enlightened" until we ALL are "fully enlightened".

Carson Zi obviously is not that well studied in Mahayana.

Think what you want but you have no idea my educational background. I know quite a bit about Mahayana I just don't agree with you that it is the end-all-be-all of "religions". ALL religions to me have pros and cons.....spirituality is individual, ritualize it, organize it and it becomes religion, and no one religion works for everyone. Mahayana doesn't work for me.

P.S> Just because you have "studied" mahayana extensively doesn't mean anything. You could be the most elite Buddhist scholar out there but until you have dropped that knowledge from your head to your heart and begun spouting wisdom that comes from within instead of reiterating someone else's wisdom, you are still lost.

Buddhahood means constantly awake, everything illumined, no more shadows. It doesn't mean partially awake, or awake only sometimes.

Only a Buddha would know. You achieved Buddhahood Vajra?

Love,

P.S> All this is said with Love Vajra.....I have nothing against you, and have thus far stayed out of conversations with you because to argue with you seems pointless.....you have your opinions and you are very tightly bound to them....to each their own....I am only contributing with a post to you here because I felt it was time we officially "met". Hope you can read through the above with your ego in check and realize that this is all truly said with Love.

Your above post is EXACTLY why I have you on ignore.

AND why I choose not to participate in conversations (qhich are really just straight up ad nauseum arguements) with you.

You spout other people's words and other people's realizations and have (seemingly) nothing to share of originality.

Back on ignore.

Love,

Your above post is EXACTLY why I have you on ignore.

AND why I choose not to participate in conversations (qhich are really just straight up ad nauseum arguements) with you.

You spout other people's words and other people's realizations and have (seemingly) nothing to share of originality.

Back on ignore.

Love,

Love is open and receptive.

I find a statement truer if it can be supported by historical Buddhas or teachers, thus it show's more authentic objectivity and not just subjective coloring.

I've spoken endlessly from personal experience and write poetry as well. :)

It's interesting. You think I speak too much from the support of historical Buddhas and others think I speak too much from my own subjective coloring. Others enjoy what I say.

Ah.... the endless realm of subjectivity! Samsara.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I'd say I would become more confused about the third eye after reading this whole thread :lol:

But thanks guys, I enjoy reading all your experiences and assumptions ^_^

Can a "open 3rd eye" be any useful?

Yes, of course, in many ways. At the least I like to think so, here is a good reason. I will share with you a very practical outcome of a "open 3rd eye".

Ones I was dating a girl, we went to her place to eat and fuck. As it turned out she was HIV positive.

And I could see it and feel it, incl. all her extensive chemical defence systems, inside out of her body. Being in the flat was like being in a warzone, breathing acid fumes through the skin. All organic materials in her flat was full of isolated and death virus and higly active anti stuff from her immune system was al over - alerting my immune system.

Like a dog I could trace her daily rutines, around her flat entirely based on chemicals, seriusly.

Edited by Guest

Vajrahridaya......you are completely attached to Buddhism/your idea of Buddhism....until you release this attachment you will continue on and on and on as you are now.....forever spinning your wheels. I hope one day you find traction by releasing your beliefs in favor of personal experience.

Love,

Edited by CarsonZi

Ha ha, funny point :) - to single out those two lines out of the entire message all together.

Admitted, I could probably have used my nose or even just common sense.

Who knows, maybe that was exactly what I did, only from a slightly different angel.

The thing was that her immune system was SO aggressive and the attack on my body was very alarming, on the brink of unbearable. At one point I thought :

"That's it, I've had it,....is there any spot in this flat without this sense of being under constant attack?" :angry:

So, but instead of freaking out, I looked into it carefully. The thing I felt revealed itself and showed off to me in a light show, and I saw the everything, the immune-related activities around me, the war zone I was in - I was inside (we always are!) this and now I saw it, the hole bacterial culture around us. I kind of interfered with it, communicated with it with light. As you may have experienced with other organism, plants in particuler.

After I realised how massive this influence was I was under, I could kind of give in and relax... or leave.

I stayed. Even though I knew I was safe, I kindly asked her if I shouldt prepare and make the food :)

What does "reifyingly" mean?

Edited by Guest

I mean really see, and I dont mean a change in perspective or anything like that smile.gif

Do you see auras? A purpleish vortex like thing around the center of you vision? or something else different from what the average person will see?

tein-Shinhan.jpg

Any fortunate enough people here to enlighten me on this?

Thanks

Hi baloneyx

I belive that the opening of the third eye is often described differently by people, because the perception level depends on the amount of pressure/charge/chi that is in the system.

I've had experiences seeing shimmering light, to colours and auras, right through to a higher charged state where I can extend the astral tube from the mid brow and then travel/extend the core-self into/out to anywhere I want.

Using that vision i've inspected my tan tien from within (whole coreself/awareness is within - like there is no physical body/head center viewing - its just you. I could also extend my vision across the planet to inspect other peoples tan tien to compare the difference.

I had a peek at a few prominent peoples tan tiens - that I know practice western alchemy - and noticed some very interesting differences.

You can see chi careering through inner channels - yin and yang spinning agianst each other like white firewheel sparks,...

It comes down to charge. It is better to charge and clear the whole body system that jus tthe upper center - otherwise the pressure has no release valve and you cook your brain (speaking from experience).

Its like a hydraulic system - there is no lift if the pressure is not sufficient - but issues if the pressure is only in the head - you need whole body integrated charge and cleansed purity to really take you forward. For most people focus on jus tthe 3rd eye opening and charging will lead to head pressure like no tomoorw and possibly psychosis if the emotional balance has not been worked on.

A sound body, charged and cleansed is a foundation prior to charging and opening the "3rd eye" - or their is no foundation to the building and you'll easily topple.

• Like 1

Checking out the earlier pages on this thread I got to wondering what some of those posters with their opened third eye are doing nowadays?

' Hat Lad' ( not his real name) who used to post on here is, by all accounts; now 'Pastoring' a small storefront Pentecostal Christian Church.

Edited by GrandmasterP

It depends how much its opened.

I believe it will be different for everyone (Yuan Shen) and even different for each person as they progress.

For me at the moment I can see yellow and blue flame like auras around trees, and yellow ones around birds.

I can see my actual room at times when meditating (closed eyes) and it jumps from like the normal open eyed experience to a sliding scale of depth intrusion depending on intention.

When very deep I can see through my bedroom wall and observe trees outside - again it slides from looking normal to looking at the etheric template where it all shows the blueprint potential and I flit back and forth between actuality and the template.

Always astounds me how depressed and unrealised the actual is from the potential in the template.

I can see orbs coming and going from my wife as she sleeps, other flashes of energy shooting about. Flashes of scenes real and not. Assehole neighbours that come and mess with me in the subtle realms not knowing I can see them...

I can remote view past, present and future seeing them either as "just knowing" or actual portal like windows that open up.

I can see a tiny little white star pierce through as it starts to open.

I have also extended my whole awareness through the astral tube at the 3rd eye - and once took my whole self into the abdomen and watched LDT disk glow and smoke and sparks, and dark matter, and fires and swirling energy careering, yin/yang dancing against each other.

There's not just one way you see...and I feel I've only scraped my fingernail against a mountain thus far.

But I know when jing is released - or i've lost chi, or overworked shen...it's all quiet on the western front - even the tree auras reduce and hint sadly at the simple glow of their colours refracting in sunlight.

The whole jing-qi-shen transformation thing is very real - we're like a hydraulic system.

Clearing shit loads of emotions is what got me there, plus 10-14 years of meditating.

But, then I've been acused of new age bs before - so maybe this is just more of that :blink:

What do you reckon?

tumblr_mgpgwrRT7H1qzp7ero1_1280.png

• Like 2

Their is a difference between 3rd Eye in the larger sense and Clairvoyance, intuition, Clairsentience, Clairaudience, knowing and the many abilities that can open up but are not actually "my third eye opened".

Also - in all of the old translations - (that I am aware of) - we see the somewhat resultant effects of translation and the choice of what is originally written down in the first place. All of what I have come across from older texts does not pick apart the process of the unfolding abilities but rather seems to explore the fauna of a cataclysmic unfolding.

What do you see differently when your third eye is open?

That you know nothing.

Edited by Spotless

You are looking at a piece of wood - you are entirely focused on that wood.

Then suddenly you are looking at a trillion trees in a thousand valleys.

It can take time to see "the heart of the matter".

Oddly - if someone asks what does this mean - then the words that come from your mouth may have that wisdom and that is how it comes to you.

The simple clear stuff - it is more clairvoyance - very good quick and insightful but the heart of the matter? with clairvoyance it is often very colored. It is very much dependent on the self-work you have done and not so much on whether it is open or not.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

If you cant see to the heart of the issue then what are you seeing?

Think about this as to what spiritual sight is....

There is one thing I would like to ask

Whenever I focus on something, everything else starts disappearing, it's like there comes some waves and take other things away

I can't describe it, things start deteriorating, in waves and all

Sometimes everything becomes bluish, sometimes it feels like the object I am seeing is far away

Its very strange

The object I am focusing on also disappears

Is this normal ? Everybody see this type of thing ?