baloneyx

What do you see differently when your 3rd eye is open or opening?

I see things as shiny shiny and grass glows gold.

This sounds similar to how I "see" things as well......"shiny" ;) ......

I don't really see grass as gold, but I see shiny light on everything living now....grass, trees, people, animals, flowers, water...even rocks. Just wondering Cat....did you always see "colors" or is this something that developed for you over time? I don't really see colors around things, like seeing an aura....I just see everything emanating different vibrations of light. But perhaps (and very likely) I am still in the beginning stages. Just curious. Thanks.

Love,

Carson :D

Chris, Maggie, Joel talk'bout whchy'all talkin'bout...

U2TPMoP01Sc

cpY6hSDJME8

How extremely groovy. :)

I see things as shiny shiny and grass glows gold. It is all very happy making and perfect, when one is seeing this way.

Nice topic to share about, interesting to hear you all.

:)

that was so sweet ^_^

Vajrahridaya, hi. Thankyou for your comment -"

I've found cosmic blue to be a bit subtler... but the golden color is just the grounding of the infinite space color of cobalt blue."

What does this mean, exactly, please, as far as you can say, in terms of practice? If one is seeing the grounding of the infinite space colour..and not actually seeing the space colour.. does this mean that one would see blue grass, as a progression of gold grass? What is this grounding, exactly? Are there many stages of seeing, and do some of us see less if we arent kinaesthetic types or visually very aware?

Little1, ha. It's kind of a sweet thread, no? :)

Hi there, it's always sweet when people can just share their experiences without the fear of being called a lier, or a hoax. Yes... I do agree.

To see the blue you are seeing right through what manifests before you on a non-dual level where there is no subject and object. It just manifests as blue as a signal, not as an absolute per say. But historically, that's the symbol that has manifested for beings of many traditions. So, you don't see gold grass merely as grass, you see the gold grass, but you also see the many other colors and subtleties that make it all up, then you see right through all that as well to just open, pure space without designation, seer and seen... open blue calm. Science say's that lapis/cobalt blue is a very calming color, and this deep state of calm non-dual bliss actually manifests this sign post automatically.

It's where the inner and the outer breath merge.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I've read somewhere that hunter-gatherers derived 85% of all their information from non-visual input (touch, vestibular sense, smell, taste, sound, vibrations, fine thermal discernment, magnetic sense, and much more -- what one researcher referred to as "the forgotten senses"), while our contemporaries get over 85% of everything they get from the world visually.

I fear it really means that we the "civilized" live like a sensorily deformed species, with our visual system grossly overloaded and all others largely atrophied.

Perhaps this explains why the third eye, an extension of who its owner is, "sees" visually just like the other two in a modern "seer" largely imprinted by TV/computer/book/blackboard/more TV etc. gazing and the rest of the relentless visual priming coupled with drastic other-sensory deprivation.

What the third eye that sees non-visually might see is, among other things, the truth in Laozi's statement: "the five colors blind the eye." B)

...... and this deep state of calm non-dual bliss actually manifests this sign post automatically.

It's where the inner and the outer breath merge.

okAY! :)

Sounds good to me. Thankyou.

From what I've studied I understand the third eye really is a navigation point for a human being, so if it is all closed then you have no directien in life whatsoever. So this would mean my third eye is open to some degree since I feel like a "compass" of God guiding me most of the time. I don't know if it's necessary to open it up any further than that unless that happens as a by-product of good living (includin some meditation and yoga of course) and just "living to my fullest". This kind of color-vision must be awesome but to practically isolate myself from this quite meaningful worldly life (includin chattin' in the Taobums) for extended periods just to experience all this bliss seems a bit "unnatural" from my point of view.. My view might change as years pass of course.

Still I got to give respect to those who trod far on that path and do enjoy the scenery :)

It's really isolating and alienating from other people. Like, several years ago I was frantic about the coming economic collapse, trying to warn people, and everyone just laughed at me and were very insulting. The things I do see visually I see very differently from other people, with a different importance attached to various parts. The actual third eye sensations for me aren't literally visual, per se, but visual analogies are the easiest way to explain the sensations to someone who hasn't experienced it, or rather really good animation.

Two literary analogies come to mind. First, in the children's Curdie books, he gains the power to shake someone's hand and feel what they are like inside. It's like that, you can look in a person and feel the sort of fellow they are. The second is from the Earthsea books, in Tehanu. That describes the change even better, when the narrative switches from the woman to the dragon girl. And the lies of Pluto-type entities--controlling people, large corporations, any sort of incorporation--they become obvious and it becomes astounding that other people fall for what you can "see" so clearly.

From a physiological point of view, I suppose it's like when you vividly imagine things. If you are deliberately working very hard to imagine, say, a golden nimbus of light around someone, you can eventually "make" yourself see that. But of course you know it's your imagination because you know it was an exercise of will. That sort of sensation comes unbidden with the third eye open, in response to outside stimulus, so in that sense it feels like "seeing." And unlike imagination, it's one way and not another way, you don't have a choice in what you "see."

One of the things I feel very clearly is how the Earth has a fever. It's this constant background awareness and it makes me frantic. I'm not sure if humanity can do enough politically in time, but it has definitely changed my priorities and given me a frantic urgency in fighting climate change.

Ahhh, thank you witch, for making explicit a point I would like to blow up--

How are so many of you sure that what you experience is not an exaggeration of the mind/imagination? If you sit in meditation 4-6 hours a day, and spend another 4-6 chanting-- surely you will develop a strong capacity for... the imagination?

--however, don't get me wrong, I admire such devout spiritual practice.

--But that doesn't mean that losing your mind around an 'enlightened' fellow who carries spirits and spinning vortex's... I mean... I think I would be in-the-right to be dubious.

-How can we substantiate such experiences as 'genuine' ? 'objectively', if that is all possible? How can we be sure that we are not slipping into delusion?

I will give example: in my meditative experience, I believe I have developed the ability to passively 'hear' the thoughts of others. It happens sometimes, beyond and out of my control. However, when I began to try and control it, to 'cultivate' it-- I believe led to quite a bit of delusion. ALOT of delusion, actually. a thick blanket of delusion.

And, if we can correlate our delusions, I mean experiences, with some miscellanious text, (fuck, how do you spell 'miscellanious'....) I mean... does that... is that... really sufficient to prove anything? -mayhaps a matter of correlating delusions?

findley, that's one reason why we dont attach to anything that comes up... it doesnt matter if it's 'real' or not.. it's all scenery..

when you find that as you arrive at a bus stop, your bus always appears, as you arrive at a cafe, a table always clears, and you feel serenely confident even though you are running late, that circumstances arrange themselves that you get there on time, animals come to you, and ... well you get the picture..you can guess you are somewhat in accord with the tao..

otherwise.... it's all potential smoke and mirrors from the psyche. and it doesnt matter.

Probably shouldn't post after getting up at 6 AM from getting home at 4 AM after playing high energy Rock N Roll at bars in order to supplement my income, but what the ****.

Re: 3rd eye openings.

My advice is do not be concerned with this. It will either happen or not. The more one tries to project into what is "supposed to be" the more likely it will be filtered info. Just practice your cultivation, which includes energetics, virtue, and calmness.

There are many different talents due to different spiritual lineage. Each lineage has different talents. So what one person "SEES" is not exactly what another will see. One person may "hear" across the realms, another may SEE, another may be aware of simultaneous dimensional activity, etc.

ALSO, the filters we establish from the time we are born until NOW definitely colors one's viewpoint. Burning through those filters is not the same thing as "opening of the 3rd eye". Most people I see HAVE NOT burned through those filters.

My perspective is that I really tire of this "3rd eye" thing. I have only met one person on this earth who could actually manifest from here. Can't tell you the number of people who come to me telling me their "3rd eye" is opening and want me to help balance them out. It would be downright funny if it was not so sad.

A valid cultivation practice that includes virtue and energetics will open all the energy centers. One simply does not need to be concerned with this.

But if you really really really want to learn to SEE, practice your cultivation for a few years and try this:

Late in the afternoon, sit quietly (or move in Stillness hint Stillness-Movement qigong), stop the world (shut down brain wave activity), put your focus halfway between you and the object you wish to SEE (trees and the leaves of trees are a good place to start), and just BE.

Another hint: SEEING is totality of perception.

when you find that as you arrive at a bus stop, your bus always appears, as you arrive at a cafe, a table always clears, and you feel serenely confident even though you are running late, that circumstances arrange themselves that you get there on time, animals come to you, and ... well you get the picture..you can guess you are somewhat in accord with the tao..

otherwise.... it's all potential smoke and mirrors from the psyche. and it doesnt matter.

Great post! And you didn't have to worry about the "3rd eye opening" for this to happen. This is true "Dancing in the Wu Wei".

"findley, that's one reason why we dont attach to anything that comes up... it doesnt matter if it's 'real' or not.. it's all scenery..

when you find that as you arrive at a bus stop, your bus always appears, as you arrive at a cafe, a table always clears, and you feel serenely confident even though you are running late, that circumstances arrange themselves that you get there on time, animals come to you, and ... well you get the picture..you can guess you are somewhat in accord with the tao.."

cat knows tao B)

Edit to add: here's another version of that:

when you find that as you arrive at a bus stop and discover you've just missed your bus, and while waiting for the next one a young child starts to run into the street next to you and you grab him pulling him out of the way; and when you find that as you later arrive at a cafe, the tables are all busy so while your waiting a long lost friend walks by and ... well you get the picture..you can guess, even though things didn't work out like you first planned, you are also somewhat in accord with the tao.

Edited by hfd

Namaste Cat and thank you for answering my question!

Hello CarsonZi, dear bum. No I didnt always see colours. It comes from practices. I am beginning too.I think. If I dont get any further, than I'm not beginning, I'm here. Wherever that might be.. :blink::) .

Haha....yes of course....we are all beginners until we are not. And if you are not "here, now" then everything is in hindsight ;) ..... hahaha.

But in regards to the opening of the third eye;

You are saying that when your third eye opened you saw things as I am describing right?....as light emanating from all living things. But as it opened further you began to be able to discern the colors of the light coming from these things correct?

I dont see aura's unless I try to do so. It involves for me 'squinging' ones eyes like a cat. Or like Clint does in the spag westerns.

Not much of a TV/Movie buff, so I don't know the "Clint" reference, but I can say with definity that I don't see "auras". As long as auras means you can see thecolor of people's auras.... I can see the light coming off of people, and I can see how it is "spinning/vibrating" but for me it is all a whitish light....no colors yet....don't really need to either though....I can "see" people's vibe without needing to see any colors.

I see the thickening or quickening of the air, and sometimes flashes of the grid in front of me.

K....when I read this I just about jumped out of my seat here at work.....you sometimes see "the grid"? WOW! This is what happened to me when my third eye "fully" opened, or opened to the point that it doesn't "shut" anymore....meaning I see this all the time now. When my ajna opened I started to see "the grid" all the time. I didn't know how to describe it at the time though, so I wrote a poem to try to put words to it....the poem went like this:

Vortices of Light,

Chrysanthemum Blossoms.

Fabric of Reality,

Infinite Potential.

Cloth of Life,

Boundless Love.

Chalice of Undreamt of Possibilities,

Overflowing with Intelligent Infinity.

Letting Go,

Conditioned Responses.

Truth Revealed,

Deep Within.

Nowhere to Go,

All is Here.

I wrote that right after my third eye opened "for good". After experiencing this type of "sight" for a while, I realized that using the words "Vortices of Light" wasn't the most accurate description of what I was seeing....I changed it then to "Lattices of Light" because I thought that word better described the "grid"-like aspect of what I was seeing. This is what I wrote in explanation to the above poem:

"My inner vision has taken a huge leap forward over the past few days and I have started to see (mostly when my eyes are closed but occasionally I will also get a "glimpse" with my eyes open as well) what I would describe as "vortices of light" filling up the "space" around us. These "vortices" are basically little flashes of light that intersect with each other at all sorts of angles in both a macrocosmic and microcosmic way. My intuition tells me that this is the "intelligent infinity", the unlimited potential, that lies dormant except at the moment of movement (mental, physical, spiritual). I feel I am on the verge of being able to fully "let go" and drop all that I am not when I see this in my mind's eye....I can not only SEE the potential that lies in wait for me in the space between spaces, but I can also FEEL it. This experience reminds me that there is really and truly "nowhere to go"....Everything is right here. All potential, right here, right now......In the space between spaces. Visualized as light vortices intersecting each other at every angle in every space at every moment. ALL is this unlimited potential. This is The Creator, The Cloth and The Loom all rolled into one...weaving the fabric of life/reality.

And:

"Upon further investigation I feel it is more accurate to call them "light lattices" instead of light vortices. And yes, totally holographic. Meaning some sections are seen as streaks of light, but other sections of the same "line" might be seen as just a slight distortion in whatever it is overlaying. Dark light/mirror light. Kinda hard to put words to. Anyways, these lattices connect in "4D" if that makes any sense and are constantly changing. Meaning the sections that I see as "light streaks" are constantly changing, although uniformly/geometrically/symmetrically. Kinda like an Alex Grey painting except less "formed". I guess that is the price you pay trying to put form to the formless....the form will always be at least slightly distorted due to the un-define-able nature of it. "

And:

"So hard to describe. There seem to be intersecting points, but where those are is constantly changing, yet that changing seems stable if that makes any sense.....like that changing is the only constant in the whole equation. So if you took a "slice" of time and froze it, I think you would see that every single atom/molecule is an intersecting point for every line....so in one way all is the intersecting....but then at the same time, nothing is intersecting and there is this lattice network of light (the intersecting would be viewed as light being everywhere, you couldn't see anything but light intersections) stretching on and on into infinity in every direction. Even imploding into itself as it expands outwards (there is no movement though)."

I dont at all try to see things. I have had astral colour third eye visions of whales turning into bears and dolphins, in a morphing poetry of one-ness. And animal or tree spirits manifesting in nature suddenly clear as day, and communicating by thought transference. It just happens when having time to be practicing a lot, and in nature, as I think you know.

Sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing. It is comforting to read about someone else who "sees" things similar to the way I do.

Love,

P.S. You said that you turn to AYP for guidance and clarification.....just wondering if you post on the forums over there and if you do what your moniker is.....don't feel pressure to say if you don't want to, I am just curious. Thanks again!

I wrote that right after my third eye opened "for good". After experiencing this type of "sight" for a while, I realized that using the words "Vortices of Light" wasn't the most accurate description of what I was seeing....I changed it then to "Lattices of Light" because I thought that word better described the "grid"-like aspect of what I was seeing. This is what I wrote in explanation to the above poem:

"My inner vision has taken a huge leap forward over the past few days and I have started to see (mostly when my eyes are closed but occasionally I will also get a "glimpse" with my eyes open as well) what I would describe as "vortices of light" filling up the "space" around us. These "vortices" are basically little flashes of light that intersect with each other at all sorts of angles in both a macrocosmic and microcosmic way. My intuition tells me that this is the "intelligent infinity", the unlimited potential, that lies dormant except at the moment of movement (mental, physical, spiritual). I feel I am on the verge of being able to fully "let go" and drop all that I am not when I see this in my mind's eye....I can not only SEE the potential that lies in wait for me in the space between spaces, but I can also FEEL it. This experience reminds me that there is really and truly "nowhere to go"....Everything is right here. All potential, right here, right now......In the space between spaces. Visualized as light vortices intersecting each other at every angle in every space at every moment. ALL is this unlimited potential. This is The Creator, The Cloth and The Loom all rolled into one...weaving the fabric of life/reality.

And:

"Upon further investigation I feel it is more accurate to call them "light lattices" instead of light vortices. And yes, totally holographic. Meaning some sections are seen as streaks of light, but other sections of the same "line" might be seen as just a slight distortion in whatever it is overlaying. Dark light/mirror light. Kinda hard to put words to. Anyways, these lattices connect in "4D" if that makes any sense and are constantly changing. Meaning the sections that I see as "light streaks" are constantly changing, although uniformly/geometrically/symmetrically. Kinda like an Alex Grey painting except less "formed". I guess that is the price you pay trying to put form to the formless....the form will always be at least slightly distorted due to the un-define-able nature of it. "

And:

"So hard to describe. There seem to be intersecting points, but where those are is constantly changing, yet that changing seems stable if that makes any sense.....like that changing is the only constant in the whole equation. So if you took a "slice" of time and froze it, I think you would see that every single atom/molecule is an intersecting point for every line....so in one way all is the intersecting....but then at the same time, nothing is intersecting and there is this lattice network of light (the intersecting would be viewed as light being everywhere, you couldn't see anything but light intersections) stretching on and on into infinity in every direction. Even imploding into itself as it expands outwards (there is no movement though)."

Sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing. It is comforting to read about someone else who "sees" things similar to the way I do.

These descriptions for some reason remind me of Indra's Net. I don't know why but that's the impression I got from reading the above.

Is an open 3rd Eye considered a Siddha?

Edited by SereneBlue

Namaste SereneBlue....

These descriptions for some reason remind me of Indra's Net. I don't know why but that's the impression I got from reading the above.

I am not familiar with Indra's Net....perhaps you can fill me in?

Is an open 3rd Eye considered a Siddha?

You mean Siddhi I assume right? I don't think having an open third eye itself can be considered a siddhi, but I think some of the side effects of having an open third eye could be considered siddhis. Having intuition into things you can't possibly know, and perhaps seeing things with your eyes that others can't see could be considered siddhis. The greatest siddhi is "happiness" though, so....the others really aren't all that interesting to me ;)

Love,

Edited by CarsonZi

Wow, really impressed at all the incredible seers in here! :o

If you give yourself to a path with full heart, you'll be so surprised at how fast you can evolve in a few short years. But... as you give, is as you receive.

I gave 4 to 6 hours a day of sitting meditation and 4 to 6 hours a day in chanting, an hour to an hour in a half to hatha yoga, and the rest to reading and work, and little sleep. No chatting online and no movies, no dates, no sex, no tv. For most of the 90's, this was my lifestyle. For much of the first part of the 2000's till about 2003 as well.

You'll see incredible changes and lucidity... as well as joy, peace, bliss... spiritual travels and experiences. Your inner life will take off to a degree that your outer life can only shine a dim light upon, even if you were a millionaire.

Take care.

Holy shat dude...so you were basically cultivating 9-13.5 hrs per day? For around a decade or more? And still found time to WORK on top of that???

How did you do it, seriously? Right now, I'm habitually meditating 2 hr/day and still working a full-time job. This is surprisingly somewhat doable, yet also has me pressed for time at times. And I thought this was relatively hardcore, but damn that is NOTHING compared to 13.5 hrs/day! I mean, HOLY SHAT, BATMAN!!!! You got some major discipline, dude! :o:lol:

Were you living in a monastery or retreat center, or just a regular pad? And what kind of work were you doing? I'm just curious about what kind of lifestyle can support this rigorous training regimen?

yes, thankyou cat. I admire you.

you are a goo dinfluence on me.. ai smcuh a fool.

I will try and do better I'm just confused, and not totally sure, and there are so many assholes who claim to know better and theyre just liars and I just dont know... I have to stop worrying about them... stop worrying about all of it... just stopworrying and do tao...

Wow, really impressed at all the incredible seers in here! :oHoly shat dude...so you were basically cultivating 9-13.5 hrs per day? For around a decade or more? And still found time to WORK on top of that???

How did you do it, seriously? Right now, I'm habitually meditating 2 hr/day and still working a full-time job. This is surprisingly somewhat doable, yet also has me pressed for time at times. And I thought this was relatively hardcore, but damn that is NOTHING compared to 13.5 hrs/day! I mean, HOLY SHAT, BATMAN!!!! You got some major discipline, dude! :o:lol:

Were you living in a monastery or retreat center, or just a regular pad? And what kind of work were you doing? I'm just curious about what kind of lifestyle can support this rigorous training regimen?

What got me started was living in an ashram where I gave about 6 hours a day to work and worked myself in over a period of about a couple months into the full schedule offered there starting at 4 AM with a half hour of meditation, then an hour of chanting, than an hour meditation, then an hour and a half chanting, then I'd do another hour meditation, then an hour of hatha, then eat breakfast, then another half of chanting, some light napping, then work, then meditation, then work, then chanting and yoga and meditation then sleep. I worked 5 to 6 hours a day there 6 days a week, on my day off I'd generally be silent the full day without a word, and put in more practice. During breaks throughout the day I'd read anything from any spiritual tradition from around the world, book after book. When I didn't live in an Ashram I lived near an ashram and would maintain a schedule like this pretty straight for yes, about a decade. I would work for the restaurant industry where one would only work a 6 hour shift 4 to 5 days a week.

I had lived quite a full life before I was 20 on both sides of the law and when I remembered that I had received special experiences as a child and later on as a teenager, when 20 hit... I was ready to go full steam ahead and put all that crazy energy I used for writing graffiti (with a well thought out rebellious philosophy) and deal lots of drugs (pot and acid) and have sex with as many women as possible, into yogic practice. Though honestly... internally it was like none of that stuff ever happened because I was always thinking about..."who, what, when, where, why, how?" even while fulfilling the actions of a kid from the "hood". I always felt this sense of insecurity which I would overcompensate with by acting as crazy as possible.

So... yes it was hit the ground running for me, then lots of experiences revealing why it was so easy to go through the monastery lifestyle, having to do with past lives and such things.

I hope this inspires in some way!

Take care.

p.s. oh, plus I ate generally about 2 meals a day, vegetarian. Mostly in silence, sometimes in group, but didn't talk much. :)

Edited by Vajrahridaya

The greatest siddhi is "happiness" though, so....the others really aren't all that interesting to me ;)

Carson,

i'm going to disagree with you here and say the greatest siddhi is being able to help everyone by knowing exactly what to do or say to bring them to enlightenment. i think that having this siddhi will bring the greatest joy. so maybe we're on the same page :)

blah blah

I lived at Tibetan Buddhist center in Bodh Gaya India in December for around 20 days... it was amazing. did a 10 day silent retreat there full of meditation/learning. waking up every day at 6 to a GONGGG and meditating, eating vegetarian and having light soup for dinner... being surrounded by that lifestyle everywhere.. monks and nuns walking around. it was amazing, so inspiring. I wish I could've taken that home with me.. but when I got back I just resorted to a hardcore stupid lifestyle and it took time to start meditating again. I think 20 days isn't enough living in that environment to truly create habits. it has to be longer, maybe thats just me. I'd love to live for a year or two in a center. working, eating, meditating, sleeping. just focusing. I think the greatest realization only comes when one immerses in society and faces samsara head on. but.. in the beginning, it can be so helpful to just leave society for a while. not hide out of fear.. but to build a foundation free of distractions, cultivate that inner presence and then go out into the world. I think that will be really helpful.

I think the greatest realization only comes when one immerses in society and faces samsara head on. but.. in the beginning, it can be so helpful to just leave society for a while. not hide out of fear.. but to build a foundation free of distractions, cultivate that inner presence and then go out into the world. I think that will be really helpful.

That's exactly right Mikaelz ;)

I've seen the gold ring at the third eye (in a mirror) but it was more like a 3 dimensional glowing sphere set back in the middle of my skull. I also saw what I can only describe as a refractive sheath around my body; like a heat mirage on the hood of a car on a hot summer day.