baloneyx

What do you see differently when your 3rd eye is open or opening?

I mean really see, and I dont mean a change in perspective or anything like that :)

Do you see auras? A purpleish vortex like thing around the center of you vision? or something else different from what the average person will see?

tein-Shinhan.jpg

Any fortunate enough people here to enlighten me on this?

Thanks

In my experience when the third eye opens you begin to percieve everything as light. That's my experience anyways.

Love,

Carson :D

Can you guys describe it a bit more? Or is it beyond description?

Like can you distinguish between items? or is it just one huge light show where you cant tell a table from the glass sitting on it, because it all just so bright?

And can you describe what its like to see "everything as is" Smile? Like with an example or something

Like can you distinguish between items? or is it just one huge light show where you cant tell a table from the glass sitting on it, because it all just so bright?

And can you describe what its like to see "everything as is" Smile? Like with an example or something

Much less concrete than that is my assumption, more of a subtle shift in how you think about things. The physical sensations are still there but you have more awareness about them.

I'm not really sure what it means to 'have your 3rd eye open' except for being more aware of what's really going on and less identified with conditioning.

I mean really see, and I dont mean a change in perspective or anything like that :)

Do you see auras? A purpleish vortex like thing around the center of you vision? or something else different from what the average person will see?

tein-Shinhan.jpg

Any fortunate enough people here to enlighten me on this?

Thanks

A lot of things that would fall in the realm of "impossible" would start happening. Such as others thoughts would become evident sometimes (without actually attempting to read someone's mind). It might come as a thought, a feeling, a visual cue, etc.

The other thing that will happen is that it might help the seeker cut through the BS of words and see the underlying unity of things (at an intuitive level more than direct cognition).

Or that's what I think might happen...I could be completely wrong. The effect is different from person to person.

Hi baloneyx....

In my experience there is a difference in both physical sight and astral sight once the third eye is open (again, this is just MY personal experience and I don't know if others' will be the same). With the physical eyes things start to "Shine". You can see "light" in a whole new way and you begin to percieve all as it's light properties more then the physical properties we normally would see. This isn't a "thought process" this is physical. I don't really know what to compare it to other then the visual effects of some hallucinogens. But that said, I have done every hallucinogen out there though and none quite catch the full beauty of it.....the closest IME would be ayahausca, but even that is a far cry from the real thing. When looking at an object now it has more of an ethereal quality to it. Objects of different densities have different perceivable "light vibrations" and different "qualities of shine" to them. Definitely not one huge light show. Not much different from before other then being able to percieve the "light" of things.

With the astral sight it is totally different. Reminds me again of hallucinogens, but again these never quite show the full glory of it all....IME the astral sight is closest to a borderline K-hole dose of Ketamine. No longer bound by the physical senses. All senses are activated. I only get this when I am "sleeping" though and I can't induce it. It just happens.

Hope this helps more then it confuses!

Love,

P.S> Others here seem to be talking about the "other" effects of having an open ajna chakra, such as the intuitive effects....I thought you were only asking about the physical sight aspects....am I correct in this assumption?

Edited by CarsonZi

Hi, i'll add my 2cents, please take with grain of salt as i'm psychotic according to the doctors :)

first of all it seemed like the physical bodies of other people were maqde of light but projected from somewhere like an emanation--remember the scene in star wars where princess lea is giving a message which she recorded a while before hand..in the first ever episode released.

also from time to time i would see a transparent bubble around others but i remember particularly around someone doing an internal martial arts form. it moved whenever he moved.

i would get ecstatic visual/imagination trips where i realised it was all love--whatevcer happened; thegrand scheme of things was pure love.

oh and the first thing i ever noticed was a gold ring at the third eye chakra.

like i said-take what i say with a grain of salt....and please remember that asking these types of expeiential questions is hindering you because it's creating ideas of what you are gonna try to seek/get instead of just being natural.

peace

Ed

Your mind becomes more objective about itself and phenomena, and walls of perception that were hindered by the 5 senses seem to fall away opening up an entirely new luminous world of perception, where everything is not as the 5 senses deemed them to be.

It is the start of the experiential usurpation of the court of bodily identification.

Hi Ed.....

Hi, i'll add my 2cents, please take with grain of salt as i'm psychotic according to the doctors :)

Doctors, schmoctors ;)

first of all it seemed like the physical bodies of other people were made of light but projected from somewhere like an emanation--remember the scene in star wars where princess lea is giving a message which she recorded a while before hand..in the first ever episode released.

Like a hologram (that's what you are describing from the Star Wars movie). Question for you....Do you see trees and animals like this as well or is it just humans for you? How about flowers?

also from time to time i would see a transparent bubble around others but i remember particularly around someone doing an internal martial arts form. it moved whenever he moved.

Sounds like you are seeing the energy fields around people. Do the "bubbles" have colors for you or are they just light?

i would get ecstatic visual/imagination trips where i realised it was all love--whatevcer happened; thegrand scheme of things was pure love.

It's all love/light light/love...... :D

oh and the first thing i ever noticed was a gold ring at the third eye chakra.

Yeah that's really common. Definitely not a symptom common for a psychotic ;)

Love,

Thanks for sharing your experiences, and I was asking about the physical Carson, thanks :)

The reason I ask is because I would imagine the effects to be quite similar for all people, I mean if we all have a 3rd eye then we should be seeing a similar change once it's open. Obviously some may see greater change if they re better at using their 3rd eye sight, just like a good artist can really "see" better than your average person.

I dont know why asking these questions would hinder your growth, its like looking for a benchmark to measure progress and change :)

The reason I ask is because I would imagine the effects to be quite similar for all people, I mean if we all have a 3rd eye then we should be seeing a similar change once it's open.

I think this is a very dangerous assumption that has very delutional potential :mellow:

In every culture there are people with their third eye open. Yet, in every culture they see different energy systems. If we start to believe that there is ONE correct and objective way things should look like, then we are no longer open. Our eyes shut down.

There are similarites, yes, but no objectivity.

I had a period of my life when all I saw was colours flying around and between people, plants, areas and everything. I was very spaced out and weird. Its a miracle I was able to keep a job! Your regular new-age healer would say this is an amazing opening of the third eye and aplaude me. But Im not sure about that. To me it was a great imbalance. And I suspect many new-age people who long for an opening of the third eye actually will provoke such an imbalance. Like a drug. I had to stop all qigong and spiritual practice for years and just focus on things that was grounding.

Also, one more point I want to make regarding 3rd eye opening. In our regular new-age 3rd eye openings people spend a lot of time visualizing energy they way they think it would look like, and then suddenly they "see" their visualizations. I would not say this is a 3rd eye opening. It is just a manifestation of the visualizations. So again, if we believe there is an objective way things should look like, we will just start to manifest our visualizations. This will only keep our eyes closed and just enhance our delution.

The best non-delutional way to open the 3rd eye, that I know of, is to do a stillness retreat.

Edited by sheng zhen
  • Like 1

Hello friends,

Most of the time when my third eye opens (or at least when I think it opens), I simply feel overcome by serenity. Usually I have strong vibrations all over. On a few occasions, I have seen white flashes of light with my eyes closed. On two occasions, I have seen a void (for lack of a better term) in my mind's eye.

Peace,

Birch Tree

Guest C Yu C He Taiji

Different things are seen according to how deep you look.

On one level if one looks at ordinary people there is the outer layer of energetic body.

What is also seen is these spirals around arms and legs of men. The more internal power someone has the brighter these spirals are.

Women have these tentacles (i kid you not) that go outwards and feel the hui yin point of men close to them.

If one looks deeper there are the meridians as mapped out by the ancient daoist sages.

At this level are also seen the organs with their very unique appearance (packages of amazing light).

Still deeper are the chakra's (a lot of them) as well as little mini chakra's in colors you could not imagine (like a mix of all colors but in one color)

Going still deeper there is the shen. What is seen here is all the knots (karma) that keep someone a human.

Most secret daoist systems of liberation (thunderpath, yuan shen, jin dan alchemical path) work on this level.

Also to be aware of something is to have control over it. Which is how healing works.

How can one attein this detailed kind of vision? Is there a special procedure or pracitce necessary?

Hi CarsonZi,

Well, it isn't open anymore....back on medication etc..but from what i remember it was just other humans--but i noticed it only a couple times.

The aura was actually kind of white/grey from what ican recall..

cheers

Ed

How can one attein this detailed kind of vision? Is there a special procedure or pracitce necessary?

I would say the best way is to join a stillness retreat like vipassana or something like that. The eye opens when all the beliefsystems that block it has fallen away. It does not open by putting more beliefsystems in front of it, like you do with visualizations.

Women have these tentacles (i kid you not) that go outwards and feel the hui yin point of men close to them.

How extremely groovy. :)

I see things as shiny shiny and grass glows gold. It is all very happy making and perfect, when one is seeing this way.

Nice topic to share about, interesting to hear you all.

:)

Cat-- that is described in the secret of the golden flower.

may I ask you about your personal practice? -out of curiosity?

Has any Bum with Auric-vision ever seen a person that seemed enlightened? Ya know, golden halo around the head, 3rd eye spinning, etc... ?

Has any Bum with Auric-vision ever seen a person that seemed enlightened? Ya know, golden halo around the head, 3rd eye spinning, etc... ?

Yes. Plus much, much more, like the retinue of dis-embodied enlightened beings all around that person, various energy vortexes describing subtle paradigms beyond the linear perception. Sweeping one off the feet of bodily identity in a flash of insight worth millions of written pages.

Inspiration beyond being someone to be inspired by something...

How extremely groovy. :)

I see things as shiny shiny and grass glows gold. It is all very happy making and perfect, when one is seeing this way.

Nice topic to share about, interesting to hear you all.

I've found cosmic blue to be a bit subtler... but the golden color is just the grounding of the infinite space color of cobalt blue.

Gold is considered the enlightened view of earth density. But it's all permeated by infinite space cobalt, or lapis lazuli blue.

• Like 1

Gold is considered the enlightened view of earth density. But it's all permeated by infinite space cobalt, or lapis lazuli blue.

Cobalt blue is one of my two most-favorite colors.

Maybe someday I'll get the chance to see this infinite space cobalt blue for myself.

Reading about things like what 3rd Eyes see....Just Wow. :o I feel like a spiritual 2 year old toddling around gawking wide-eyed at all the Spiritually-realized Adults here.

Edited by SereneBlue

Cobalt blue is one of my two most-favorite colors.

Maybe someday I'll get the chance to see this infinite space cobalt blue for myself.

Reading about things like what 3rd Eyes see....Just Wow. :o I feel like a spiritual 2 year old toddling around gawking wide-eyed at all the Spiritually-realized Adults here.

If you give yourself to a path with full heart, you'll be so surprised at how fast you can evolve in a few short years. But... as you give, is as you receive.

I gave 4 to 6 hours a day of sitting meditation and 4 to 6 hours a day in chanting, an hour to an hour in a half to hatha yoga, and the rest to reading and work, and little sleep. No chatting online and no movies, no dates, no sex, no tv. For most of the 90's, this was my lifestyle. For much of the first part of the 2000's till about 2003 as well.

You'll see incredible changes and lucidity... as well as joy, peace, bliss... spiritual travels and experiences. Your inner life will take off to a degree that your outer life can only shine a dim light upon, even if you were a millionaire.

Take care.

• Like 1