Sign in to follow this  
just-me

Why people need pay, about this?

Thats pretty bad. Certainly not main stream and hopefully frowned on by most Kabbalists. There's always those taking things to the illogical extreme. I notice he had a section on fighting off bad magic and voodoo. Thats a top money maker for a whole spectrum of charlatans.

Yet the bigger question is- what if it works? Through the placebo effect or some personal or spiritual power of the person? When Mak Ti Sin(a taoist master) was active on this board we were faced with this. I still wouldn't touch it. If you think prayer works, pray yourself. If you admire someones spiritual power find a way to work with them, not hire them to do things for you. It cheapens the practice and person making the offer.

Michael

Thats pretty bad. Certainly not main stream and hopefully frowned on by most Kabbalists. There's always those taking things to the illogical extreme. I notice he had a section on fighting off bad magic and voodoo. Thats a top money maker for a whole spectrum of charlatans.

Yet the bigger question is- what if it works? Through the placebo effect or some personal or spiritual power of the person? When Mak Ti Sin(a taoist master) was active on this board we were faced with this. I still wouldn't touch it. If you think prayer works, pray yourself. If you admire someones spiritual power find a way to work with them, not hire them to do things for you. It cheapens the practice and person making the offer.

Michael

Well, Mak claimed that he would not keep the money, but use it for the temple.

I can't understand why anyone would be posting something like this here - unless they are a troll. If someone wanted to post something about a current practice in say hinduism (sanathana dharma) and relate it to the past or draw some kind of comparative picture that would be different.

I understand why you say this, but often we get some deep views from posts that on the face of it aren't particularly taoist. It helps if the following posts put answers in a taoist or philosophical light. Its Our responsibility to make 'it' a philosophical question. -Implying someone is a troll for asking is opening the door for trolldom :)

The post on abortion did have answers that had a much food for thought, instead of being dogmatic they framed things in a universal light, others put in moving personal experience. Abortion is an issue that polarizing by its nature yet it provoked serious but sensitive discussion here.

The 'Why should people pay for this' has issues beyond the link that inspired it. Many practices have various pay to play rules, including many Eastern ones. Why do people use them? Is it possible to buy divine intervention? For me the easy answer is no. But how do we react when people do and it works??

Michael

Sign in to follow this