Sign in to follow this  
dorshugla

dorshugla

howdy all,

dorshugla. interesting posts here so I decided to drop by and share my experiences.

I am taijiqan and qigong practitioenr. Haved lived in SE Asia, been in military (semper fi) and a decent bloke, i imagine.

howdy all,

dorshugla. interesting posts here so I decided to drop by and share my experiences.

I am taijiqan and qigong practitioenr. Haved lived in SE Asia, been in military (semper fi) and a decent bloke, i imagine.

Hi and welcome.

Taijiquan and qiqong. Did you learn anything of these while in the military?

I suspect that Tai Chi is of little interest to a Marine curriculum.

I also have an inkling that some people are trained in qiqong techniques in military application, for focus and strength development, among others.

and you? Perhaps, something altogether outside your military life.

Just curious, I know next to nothing about being in the military, marines, or anything else.

Craig

craig,

there are no qigong techniqes in military, at least overtly but the ARt of WAr is as subtle as a hammer and in use in various stages.

I did taijiquan and qigong on my own time (Korea/Taiwan).

my stated mission was to meet the enemy, engage and destroy! so much for subtlety.

I can honestly say that the military add reality (boot camp) to those who think softness, 'damaging without touch wannabees', walking on water stuff, dancing in pajamas taichi training is da bomb. Reality will sink in real fast on a 5 mile run.

Good for endurance and stamina!

dorshugla, really cool that you have experience across such a wide spectrum of "hard work" to "soft work". I imagine the result to be a very balanced and grounded person. Welcome to The Tao Bums, man.

Sean.

Sign in to follow this