Magitek

The actual things we have to deal with are not here

Er... ok. :) I wouldn't say that you "have nothing of value for anyone". Everyone has something to share, since everyone's experiences and learning is unique to them. You seem to have happened upon Gnostic Christianity. Why not explore that path and see where it leads, and stick around while you're exploring it?

I flirted with gnostic Christianity myself, when I found that I could no longer be an Orthodox Christian. I was enticed by Carpocratian gnosticism in particular. I suppose I liked the hedonistic element to it the most, lol. Come to think of it, that hedonism is probably also what attracted me to Cyrenaicism as well (an ancient greek hedonistic/socratic school founded by Aristippus of Cyrene). I guess I've always bounced back and forth like a ping pong ball between the hedonistic and the puritanical. So why am I interested in Taoism? Maybe I know deep down that balance is what I need. Or maybe not. But either way I'm going to stick around and put my 2 cents in, even though it probably won't be welcomed on some threads!

Edited by Erdrickgr

Reading won't help much either. Emptying the mind does. Start from that very moment of isolating yourself from others' opinions and then one day you will see for yourself.

Good luck!

Well thanks for the support.

Erdrickgr, I'm not a gnostic christian! I just thought of a book that exposed the "system" and the Gospel of Thomas does! Its Chri

I'm done trying on outfits. I never even called myself a spiritualist.

I know this is useless. I'm done!!!!

Anyone can quote something out of this or that book. How I am different?!

Just a bad habit of mine.

I'm not implying austerity.... Really I think things are too obvious for words!

I know it might sound like paranoia...... But real paranoia is thinking someone knows some great mystical, god formula you don't. Thinking a needle going in your arm does no good is common sense!

Forget it. Like I know a thing.

Empty mind.

Books never helped me. Just there for fun.

I guess people just want to play the game.... So I look like the spoiled brat whos walked away in the middle of a monopoly game in a sulk.

What have I got to do next? I don't give a shit what I think I want. What's indicated? Where am I being led? And what means will present themselves?

Away from discussions obviously.

I tell my "friends" quite openly, "if I came into some money, you'd probably never see me again"

Hi Magitek,

I disagree with you. So there!!! Hehehe.

First, you do have words and thoughts to share with others that will cause them thoughts and that is a good thing.

Secondly, Taoist philosophy have everything to do with real life and solving our everyday problems.

There is so much to be learned and shared with others about everyday life while discussing philosophies and even religions.

If nothing else the discussions can help you clarify your own thoughts and beliefs and be guideposts for you during your journey.

Be well!

Yes I want to keep it real.

Practical.

IMO The Secret of the Golden Flower seems a very practical book.

Hypothetical talking has become really alien to me now...

Philosophy used to appeal a bit but thats gone too...

So I am left with is "next action". The thought just stifles this.

Excess conceptual thinking is like masturbation. It just seems to use up the sexual energy.

Wow what a fool I've been, retention is not enough!

It is difficult for me. I read something you say and I think "hmm that could be true" and "but it is false" at the same time. When there are two opposites and I have no preference then I just let it go.

Now I have to do some stuff in the garden. We are just like computers "next process", "next process". I am un-installing the "mental masturbation" virus.

Hi Magitek,

Agree. I don't know your age or where you are along your journey so I will make a general comment.

There are time when we go into overload when we begin walking a new path of our journey. Sometimes is is best to just stop and let the information settle. So we can pick up another interest for a while and let the philosophical information naturally sort itself out in our brain.

When the thought start returning on their own during our daily activities we can sort through those thoughts and hold to the ones that are useful and discard the rest.

I will suggest though that you have made progress because you are questioning and doubting.

Continue your journey and find the real you. It is there, I promise. (I don't make promises lightly.)

Be well!

Marblehead I think you are right. I was very intense at one point in my "path". I know what I'm to do next though.

This post was just a vent against all the bullshit I had to pick up along the way. The ridiculous costumes I had to wear so I can discover what this was all about.

Marblehead I think you are right. I was very intense at one point in my "path". I know what I'm to do next though.

This post was just a vent against all the bullshit I had to pick up along the way. The ridiculous costumes I had to wear so I can discover what this was all about.

Yep. I have been there and done that. That is why I have a little bit of a feel of where you are coming from.

I hope you continue being active here but whatever decisions you make concerning your journey I wish you the best.

Be well!

It was a bit of a subjective rendering of the Gospel of Thomas though. You did kind of change the words a bit here and there to suit your intention.

I do agree with you about society and the powers that be, the shadow government that rules from behind the veil of, "We The People", when it's really, "We Control The People". With distractions done with the left hand and not telling the left hand what the right hand is doing, they're swindling our power for independent thought. Though, I do feel that one does not have to be internally effected by this. I feel that the best revenge is to really enjoy one's life without falling for the "happiness through material" ploy, though at the same time, there is nothing inherently wrong with enjoying the toys of this Earth, as long as one see's all of it's transparency and...

From the Gospel of Thomas...

56 Jesus said, "Whoever has come to know the world has discovered a carcass, and whoever has discovered a carcass, of that person the world is not worthy."

Don't take the outer play too seriously Magitek as my signature say's when you look under this...

It was a bit of a subjective rendering of the Gospel of Thomas though. You did kind of change the words a bit here and there to suit your intention.

I do agree with you about society and the powers that be, the shadow government that rules from behind the veil of, "We The People", when it's really, "We Control The People". With distractions done with the left hand and not telling the left hand what the right hand is doing, they're swindling our power for independent thought. Though, I do feel that one does not have to be internally effected by this. I feel that the best revenge is to really enjoy one's life without falling for the "happiness through material" ploy, though at the same time, there is nothing inherently wrong with enjoying the toys of this Earth, as long as one see's all of it's transparency and...

I agree! As long as I am enjoying my life, meditating, do qi gong, I am not affected by insurance companies raising my health insurance premium and denying my claims, identity thieves, corporate scams and rip-offs everywhere, ridiculous bank fees, online surveillance of web activity, and etc.,...I just close my eyes and enter my buddha-spot...then enjoy my toys... ah yes, sweet revenge...they're sorry they tried to mess with me!

I agree! As long as I am enjoying my life, meditating, do qi gong, I am not affected by insurance companies raising my health insurance premium and denying my claims, identity thieves, corporate scams and rip-offs everywhere, ridiculous bank fees, online surveillance of web activity, and etc.,...I just close my eyes and enter my buddha-spot...then enjoy my toys... ah yes, sweet revenge...they're sorry they tried to mess with me!

:lol::lol::lol:

Exactly... when we know that happiness is innate! We can't become victims of their graffiti like add campaigns if we are busy twirling around in our inner solar system. :P

p.s. By the way, I'm an X-graffiti artist who used to write on billboards and rooftops because I figured... if they want to think art is illegal graffiti and their advertisements feeding self destruction to the masses is a god given right...? "by the power invested in my right index finger, I'll show dem fools!!" pssttttssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh, rebellion in a spray can!!

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Don't take the outer play too seriously Magitek as my signature say's when you look under this...

Yeah sorry I'll lighten up.

How about we conclude this thread with that nice quote in your sig!

Edited by Magitek

Nothing to feel sorry about, we generally only really get to see ourselves only after we express ourselves as putting it out there, gives objectivity to the subject.

"Since everything is but an apparition, having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst out in laughter"

-Longchenpa