Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy Zhang

Star Wars advice

So I'm a fan of Star Wars, and recently I got the urge to watch all the movies (I-VI). Anyway, I found a lot of good, yet very simple advice. Funny coming from star wars :P but still thought it'd be good to point it out, in no particular order:

Be mindful of your thoughts

Be mindful of your feelings

Be mindful of your emotions

Trust your feelings

Reach out with your feelings

Your eyes can deceive you, so don't trust them

You must unlearn all that you have learned

There is no try, do or do not (don't totally agree with this, but whatever :P)

Size matters not

A great many things depend on your point of view

Do not underestimate the dark side :P

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

So I'm a fan of Star Wars, and recently I got the urge to watch all the movies (I-VI). Anyway, I found a lot of good, yet very simple advice. Funny coming from star wars :P but still thought it'd be good to point it out, in no particular order:

Be mindful of your thoughts

Be mindful of your feelings

Be mindful of your emotions

Trust your feelings

Reach out with your feelings

Your eyes can deceive you, so don't trust them

You must unlearn all that you have learned

There is no try, do or do not (don't totally agree with this, but whatever :P)

Size matters not

A great many things depend on your point of view

Do not underestimate the dark side :P

Another one: "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter"

And if memory serves it is "Try not, do or do not. There is no try." Just like the "Luke, I am your father" thing being a misquote.

Don't forget my favorite Mr "Feel...don't think" ie. Qui-Gon Jinn :D I aspire to be like Qui-Gon when I'm older.

Starwars = Taoism or other estern religions and training methods is a very common view and fun too research. I had not read the above link before. Star Wars was apparently written as a portrayal of the training methods, the way of life, and the philosophy of Taoist Chi kung training

(I wasn't specifically searching for that link above but it's written by a sometime TTB Steve aka Starjumper7)

Jedi is a way of life !

RPsDDr0n9AE

OMG! I just saw this, and it's sooo funny!!

I thought it was some regular low budget joke, but boy was I mistaken!! Looove it!

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Starting in November (site I ripped this from did not specify the year) Queen's University Belfast will offer a course that will use the psychology of the Star Wars Jedi Knights to teach students communication skills and personal development. The university's publicity material reads 'the course "Feel the Force: How to Train in the Jedi Way" teaches the "real-life psychological techniques behind Jedi mind tricks"' and promises to explore 'wider issues behind the Star Wars universe, like balance, destiny, dualism, fatherhood and fascism.'

Don't forget my favorite Mr "Feel...don't think" ie. Qui-Gon Jinn :D I aspire to be like Qui-Gon when I'm older.

Starwars = Taoism or other estern religions and training methods is a very common view and fun too research. I had not read the above link before. Star Wars was apparently written as a portrayal of the training methods, the way of life, and the philosophy of Taoist Chi kung training

(I wasn't specifically searching for that link above but it's written by a sometime TTB Steve aka Starjumper7)

Great links! :)

Jedi is a way of life !

That Jedi gym was very funny, yet truthful too. I'm on slowed connection but it was worth waiting 1/2 a day to watch it.

Very interesting and funny.

Sign in to follow this