Sign in to follow this  
markern

I have become a martian

After doing yoga for some years and doing a little meditation I have become very, very sensitive to energy, my own and other peoples. I have started to think completly differently about life, my problems and what to do about them and also what other people could do about their lives to improve them. The problem is almost no one I know understands anything of this. And with those who potentialy can understand and are quite interested I can only give them a very basic understanding because this stuff is quite incomprehenisble without experience. Besides after having figured out all the stuff I have in the last few years I realy want to give people a 50 page brief on how to go about energywork, meditation and mysticism in a good way. (I actualy might write such a brief) for those I encounter who want to get into stuff). In total all of this has made me a complete martian. So what I mostly do is shut up and experience my internal world completle differently from those around me and interperate the external world completly diferently and I find that hard. Eventualy the disparity will get even worse. What if I raise my kundalini and aquire strong healing and shaktipat powers. That would kinda put me in the same category as Gandalf in lord of the rings or any other fantazy figure with magical powers which is as weird as it can get. How do you cope with this disparity between your world and other peoples perspective? Any advice?

Hi markern,

I personally found some comfort in meditating on the Cycle of the Search for the Bull (or Ox). Here's a link:

http://www.beezone.com/Trungpa/search_for_the_bull.html

You may want to consider #10 in particular, as this would seem to apply to the question you raised. There are other commentaries available on the web about this (a web search is bound to get you some additional information). I hope you find this useful.

All the best,

Birch Tree

After doing yoga for some years and doing a little meditation I have become very, very sensitive to energy, my own and other peoples. I have started to think completly differently about life, my problems and what to do about them and also what other people could do about their lives to improve them. The problem is almost no one I know understands anything of this. And with those who potentialy can understand and are quite interested I can only give them a very basic understanding because this stuff is quite incomprehenisble without experience. Besides after having figured out all the stuff I have in the last few years I realy want to give people a 50 page brief on how to go about energywork, meditation and mysticism in a good way. (I actualy might write such a brief) for those I encounter who want to get into stuff). In total all of this has made me a complete martian. So what I mostly do is shut up and experience my internal world completle differently from those around me and interperate the external world completly diferently and I find that hard. Eventualy the disparity will get even worse. What if I raise my kundalini and aquire strong healing and shaktipat powers. That would kinda put me in the same category as Gandalf in lord of the rings or any other fantazy figure with magical powers which is as weird as it can get. How do you cope with this disparity between your world and other peoples perspective? Any advice?

Tell us more!:) This is quite interesting.

Lets see.. If you gain healing powers then go work in a hospital, hospice or alternative medicine center. If you gain Shaktipat powers then cut wood, carry water just like everyone else. After enlightenment comes laundry.

If you're worried about becoming a fictional character then lay off the fantasy & sci fi reading for a while. Take the time to connect through email, discussion groups or snail mail with others who follow a high energy path. They can give you hints along the way, preferably ways to ground ground ground.

Glenn Morris talks about a development stage in energy training where everyone looks like they're asleep, and you're awake and special. Its a level where its easy to get bad habits and develop a huge ego; many fall for it and stay there permanently. Keep humble and beyond that state the world is just the world, people become special again and you move on with the world instead of above or below it.

Michael

I struggle with this too, can only sympathize not advise.

My general policy with people now is something like, try to understand what level they are at, and only give them what you think they need to know so that they can become further interested in the spiritual path. Kind of like the Buddhist skillful approach. There's enough challenge in that to make it interesting for me. Many times, people are very low, doubtful and mocking, and it pisses me off internally while I change the subject. But often others, like last night I was having dinner with some new people, suck it up like gatoraid after a marathon, because maybe they've read a book or two, but have never really met a real cultivator who can make sense of it all. Nevertheless I'm pretty hesitant about mentioning my own experiences, because they are really too martian for comfort.

Attacking my own ego has been very useful lately, thanks from a post by "O" of this forum that inspired me. Not that that hadnt occured to me before, but it needs to be regularly attacked.

Always,always,always,always remember and never forget, just like everyone else your gonna die one day. Even martians have to say goodbye.

mark, you should strive to achieve the omniscience of a Buddha. this is the goal of Vajrayana practice. omniscience is knowing how to help everyone, knowing exactly what to say, how to say it, and basically being a bad-ass superhero.

I understand how hard it can be though, you want to help people but don't know how. just don't give up that desire to help people, its so important. and don't ever doubt the capacity of others to understand. its possible to help people evolve, and SO worth it. keep that desire to help people alive, and keep progressing yourself. you're not done, you still have a ways to go. :) once you know the true nature of reality and have omniscience, then you can truly help people. till then, you can only point people in the right direction

Edited by mikaelz

You may feel akward at times but will get used to this. Energywork and the like isnt mainstream, your quite unique thus ;)

You can speak when needed or asked about .. and keep quit when not.

You will meet people alike and when this happens it will be a nice suprise !

Never worry and be an example. Your enviroment will clearly see the benefit of spiritual practice.

If you have time, write the brief. Its also possible to post it here on taobums if you like. Good advice is always appreciated.

doYNBHE8Yes

Regards !

Dude

We are all martians. So please remember how normal your experience is.

The worst position to be in is to be special, since we all long for the Great community.

The best practitioners are probably hiding in some beer parlour in Fredrikstad, looking at a Liverpool vs United match.

h

I kept running around like that. Its a nice loneliness. Actually I miss it.

My household has 5 dogs. I have learned a lot from them. Whenever I wake up from a good night sleep, the dogs always wake up too. I think the fact is, a part of them is always and always has been awake. They just don't act on it until I am too.

...How do you cope with this disparity between your world and other peoples perspective? Any advice?

By observing them coming and going. They are all impermanent anyway. And remember when life ceases the karmic energy (spirit/shen) re-materialises itself in another form. Let me quote here Bhikkhu Silacara:

"Unseen it passes whithersoever the conditions appropriate to its visible manifestation are present. Here showing itself as a tiny gnat or worm, there making its presence known in the dazzling magnificence of a Deva or an Archangel's existence. When one mode of its manifestation ceases it merely passes on, and where suitable circumstances offer, reveals itself afresh in another name or form."

I have seen this happening so many times, I see it on people and animals, and you know what? There is nothing you can do about it, just work on your own salvation (using Christian terminology). We are all alone in a huge boat driven by karma and impermanence.

Meditate on this and eventually you'll cut through Samsara's veil.

Good luck!

Edited: typo. :angry:

Edited by durkhrod chogori

How do you cope with this disparity between your world and other peoples perspective? Any advice?

Three long term projects:

1. Cultivate friendships with other martians. Rare but really important for fun & sanity.

2. Find some way to relate to 'normal' people, that's enjoyable for you.

3. Learn a musical instrument. Helps to express and harmonize emotions.

Wow! What great powers of discernment you must have!

No I'm not being silly. I'm surrounded by genius - if only I could forget how great I am I would see them;-)

Hi markern,

I personally found some comfort in meditating on the Cycle of the Search for the Bull (or Ox). Here's a link:

http://www.beezone.com/Trungpa/search_for_the_bull.html

You may want to consider #10 in particular, as this would seem to apply to the question you raised. There are other commentaries available on the web about this (a web search is bound to get you some additional information). I hope you find this useful.

All the best,

Birch Tree

Thanks! I like those.

Tell us more!:) This is quite interesting.

Can you be more specific about what you want to hear?

Lets see.. If you gain healing powers then go work in a hospital, hospice or alternative medicine center. If you gain Shaktipat powers then cut wood, carry water just like everyone else. After enlightenment comes laundry.

If you're worried about becoming a fictional character then lay off the fantasy & sci fi reading for a while. Take the time to connect through email, discussion groups or snail mail with others who follow a high energy path. They can give you hints along the way, preferably ways to ground ground ground.

Glenn Morris talks about a development stage in energy training where everyone looks like they're asleep, and you're awake and special. Its a level where its easy to get bad habits and develop a huge ego; many fall for it and stay there permanently. Keep humble and beyond that state the world is just the world, people become special again and you move on with the world instead of above or below it.

Michael

I guess healing powers wouldn`t be that bad and shkatipat powers are fun and nice and I want them all but still it feels weird.

I struggle with this too, can only sympathize not advise.

My general policy with people now is something like, try to understand what level they are at, and only give them what you think they need to know so that they can become further interested in the spiritual path. Kind of like the Buddhist skillful approach. There's enough challenge in that to make it interesting for me. Many times, people are very low, doubtful and mocking, and it pisses me off internally while I change the subject. But often others, like last night I was having dinner with some new people, suck it up like gatoraid after a marathon, because maybe they've read a book or two, but have never really met a real cultivator who can make sense of it all. Nevertheless I'm pretty hesitant about mentioning my own experiences, because they are really too martian for comfort.

Attacking my own ego has been very useful lately, thanks from a post by "O" of this forum that inspired me. Not that that hadnt occured to me before, but it needs to be regularly attacked.

I do meet some people that realy want to hear and the wind is deffinitively blowing in that direction. !0 years from now I think the general poppulation will be more open and interested because of the spread of yoga qigong and research into meditation.

Always,always,always,always remember and never forget, just like everyone else your gonna die one day. Even martians have to say goodbye.

Good point. Just like the Roman generals had wispered into their ears by a slave runing along side when they did their triumph march after big wins.

mark, you should strive to achieve the omniscience of a Buddha. this is the goal of Vajrayana practice. omniscience is knowing how to help everyone, knowing exactly what to say, how to say it, and basically being a bad-ass superhero.

I understand how hard it can be though, you want to help people but don't know how. just don't give up that desire to help people, its so important. and don't ever doubt the capacity of others to understand. its possible to help people evolve, and SO worth it. keep that desire to help people alive, and keep progressing yourself. you're not done, you still have a ways to go. :) once you know the true nature of reality and have omniscience, then you can truly help people. till then, you can only point people in the right direction

Well being omniscient is a step up from Gandalf I think into something even more weird, almost God like. Of course bineg omniscient I would know what to do about that but still. Anyway true Omniscience is one of the siddhis I don`t realy buy into that much. I can see tendencies towards it being true but I doubt the full thing ever being real.

Sign in to follow this