Sign in to follow this  
taocultivator

Looking for a statue of Lao Tzu

Good question. I hope someone can answer it. I did a search earlier and came up empty as far as statues go, the only thing I could find of Lao Tzu was a bunch of posters/prints on Amazon.com.

Can anyone suggest a website where I can pourchase a statue of Lao Tzu for a table/desk?

Thanks,

Tom

I called the shop "Amazing Grace" ,Listed by Marblehead Posted Aug 13 2009, 04:38 AM , and a real person answered (in English) using the shop name. It is in the Hong Kong International airport which is the most expensive shop rent in Hong Kong. I would e-mail them to see if they have what you want at [email protected]

Amazing Grace, Shop 192, East Hall, Terminal One, Level 7, Skymart, Hong Kong International Airport . Tel. (852) 2186-6675. http://www.amazinggracehk.com/Stores.html

and a real person answered (in English) using the shop name. It is in the Hong Kong International airport which is the most expensive shop rent in Hong Kong.

Cool, although you would expect good service in Hong Kong

The do have a statue

666033-M.jpg

http://www.amazinggracehk.com/666033/Lao+Tzu+statue.html

and a intriguing quote

Confucius, Lao Tzu and Mencius little dreamed their aged likenesses would reappear centuries later, wisdom intact, as inspired works of craftsmanship. :D

Laozi statues can be found all over China. If you know someone who is going tell them to look for one while they are there. I'm sure they sell them at places like Luoguantai Temple or any other temple dedicated to Laozi.

I know this is a vague answer but just trying to offer up a liitle help.

Can anyone suggest a website where I can pourchase a statue of Lao Tzu for a table/desk?

Thanks,

Tom

Sign in to follow this