Sign in to follow this  
longrhythm

Some recent energetic insights

I will start with a disclaimer. Since shifting my focus recently from quantity to quality I have been humbled to the extent that anything I say might be no more than postulating. This is all hypothetical, I can't know any of it, only intimations. That said, here's how I look at where I come from, from where I am.

I've shifted my energetic focus from the orbit to the sushumna. It feels further center, like radiating out from the core instead of tracing the core from the outside. Does that make the orbit inherently yang? Circling the center from the outside... Anyhow, I find since I've made the shift that I can run the orbit in a VERY physical way, no visualization required. I actually close the grip on my spine in the order of the orbit such that the nerves are stimulated directly in a smooth line up the back and down the front. What I've found is that running the orbit this way, although gentle, and fully experiential, causes extreme exaggeration of any imbalances. Literally, three turns will have my body out of whack the entire next day. Itchiness, soreness, not to mention emotional consequences that I've become capable enough of accepting that they don't even qualify for symptoms.

What does this mean to me? It's great that I can feel the orbit in such a physical manner, and it's great to know it's so easy, like breathing! LOL. But it's clear to me that I'm just not ready to play with that. What good is stimulating my entire spine from the outside if the wiring in there is questionable, if I might be shooting off all sorts of fireworks recklessly in the rest of my body. I need to very thoroughly tend to the what before I focus on the how much, smooth out the inside before I come at it from outside. Again this all comes from a place of strong humility, but I figure if it resonates with even one person, it's worth sharing.

Edited by longrhythm

Hi longrythym....

Pace yourself. These are classic energetic "overdoing" symptoms. You have switched from what is IME a practice that causes significantly less purification to one that is IME considerably more powerful. The time spent doing your new practice will need to be adjusted to reflect the difference in purification levels. Take your time, be aware of how your body is reacting to your practices, don't be afraid to adjust things, and enjoy!

Love,

Carson :D

Thanks Carson. I totally agree with you! I only saw after reading your reply that half my original post had been cut off. It's actually really great to need to cut back, suddenly practices that were just "visualizations" have become so real that I can feel in my body just how much preparation is necessary to use them safely. It's all so wonderfully tangible. What a turning point...

Hi longrythym....

Pace yourself. These are classic energetic "overdoing" symptoms. You have switched from what is IME a practice that causes significantly less purification to one that is IME considerably more powerful. The time spent doing your new practice will need to be adjusted to reflect the difference in purification levels. Take your time, be aware of how your body is reacting to your practices, don't be afraid to adjust things, and enjoy!

Love,

Carson :D

Sign in to follow this