Fox

Interesting "breakthroughs" in your path.

Hello friends,

I use the word breakthrough very lightly, mainly because I'm sure I'll get a few responses about how no breakthroughs exist, there is only is ..and such.. :blink: haha but anyhow,

I was just wondering was there any moment where you said to yourself, wow, the program, teaching, mindset, yoga, meditation or etc.. I have been using is really paying off? And what may have triggered this moment?

I'd love to hear.

I have a few. Besides friends and family noticing my change in mood and the grin that's usually on my face the main one I can think of happened just the other day:

I recently gotten into an argument with my parents while at my girlfriends apartment. I was upset, thats one of the few things that gets to me these days-- my family and their on going financial problem, I usually get caught in the middle of their negativity or their short tempers.

My girlfriend, sweetly just rubbed my back and said it'll be okay, just take a few moments, and told me to come to the living room whenever I wanted, while she was putting the finishing touches on dinner, I kissed her and told her thanks.

As she walked out, I got into half lotus, straightened my back and did a really quick inner smile, and breath meditation.

I opened my eyes slowly, couldn't have been longer than a few seconds, and I saw my girlfriend at the end of the hallway staring at me smiling, I smiled back, playfully asking whats up with the grin? Assuming she was laughing at my crossed legs, though I always sit like that these days..So I figured that wasn't the case.

She said, I don't know, it was like you closed your eyes and a stillness just over came you, weirdest thing.. but just looking at you..I couldn't help smiling either..

It was so strange, I never mentioned anything of stillness, nor my meditations to her, and knowing I radiated a smile onto her stood as a milestone for me.

Share yours! If there was no "breakthrough" feel free to share times from before and after your training and the improvements you feel!

:)

-Tyler

Got into a car wreck which pretty much required all the money I've earned from my part time job over this summer and most of what I earned last year to repair and...... I just let it go.

I mean initially I was like, "holy crap that's a huge dent to my finances." Especially since I have to pay for college as well, what's left over from scholarships and some contributions from family. But still, it was pretty depressing, all that work for seemingly.... nothing.

Then I got all "transitory nature of existence" on the situation :lol: thought about whether it's that big of a deal to get worked over, especially since I came out mostly unscathed... and..... meh, wasn't worth worrying about it.

my inner silence was experienced as the same as the space in the background of the landscape I was looking at. The depth was new to me. It was trippy, experienced, and non-conceptual. Step one I guess.

Edited by Old Man Contradiction

My first breakthrough (Taoish experience) was while I was in Vietnam in 1970. Back then I knew nothing of Taoism but I just felt as though I was one with all my surroundings. It wasn't until about fifteen years later that I started reading Taoist literature and realized what the experience was.

Be well!

I was at yoga class deep in an asana and realized that my breath had completely filled my body.

was just wondering was there any moment where you said to yourself, wow, the program, teaching, mindset, yoga, meditation or etc.. I have been using is really paying off? And what may have triggered this moment?

This moment for me was on October 16th 2008. This was my third day without taking a methadone dose, I wasn't in withdrawals and I had only started downdosing 10 weeks prior. This was the moment I realized that the AYP system was working for me.

Love,

Carson :D

My wife saying something that would logically rip me apart inside and make me totally sad.... but just feeling at peace through the whole thing and not having any emotional effects from it.

good or not? i don't know.... i think it's important to grasp whats important to you.

realizing the experiential difference between breathing and respiration

and yeah there definately is a difference... i also remember as a child they were automatically as one and i couldn't imagine it being any other way... and then one time as an adult i actually realised mine were both different and i should let go and let them become one again.

Edited by z00se

in no order of importance or relevance....

(1) when the background became the foreground and all became one...it could have been a second or a day or a year....who knows, who cares

(2) every time this new little life moves inside me....the one has become the myriad again....and it will go back to the one again

Guest winpro07

During a seminar in S.F. Max came over and worked on my brain again. After the seminar the lower mind dissipated completely and the interaction of apparent lower and higher mind became clear. there were many realization but the most exciting component was meeting someone a few days later who had spent many years seeking their own ego dissolve but still had a last shred that could not be untied. The presence of the experience was very strong in me and sparked that very change they had sought for so long -they are free

Edited by winpro07

There will be many such breakthroughs on the path. Several years ago during a full moon I was doing some shengong meditation, and was overcome by a feeling of ecstasy. I could barely contain from bursting out laughing but tried to remain calm and centered. Opening my eyes, I could see that my hands were glowing. I wondered if I was Hallucinating, because this did not look like a normal "aura" to me. I ran home, faster than I should have been able to, and it felt like my feet did not touch the ground. I entered the house and my wife screamed at me " what the hell is wrong with you! there is some weird light circulating around you". That is to make a long story short. At that point I knew I was not imagining things, but I still do not know exactly how to explain exactly what occurred. I asked a couple Buddhist Monks and so-called qigong masters but they did not know how to explain. I tried for a while to figure it out, but then decided it was best to forget about it before becoming obsessed with replicating the experience. I do know that after that I rarely get ill, and can swiftly heal myself. If anyone has a similar thing happen and knows if it has some meaning, let me know.