Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

The path beyond thought

Is it beyond thought that we can realize the Tao? I read the Buddha once said when asked "what is the ultimate truth?"

" Stop! stop! Do not say a word! The highest truth is not even to think!!"

Buddha said: `I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgement of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons.'

Most certaintly. But in order to get there we should understand the theory behind the tao/meditation/how to connecting with the heavens and earth, stars and planet/s...looking within.

The problem on earth is that people seek joy outside when the only place to feel it is inside.

People are in bondage/suffering because they lack the spiritual technology to access that space, it has been hidden from them...when the student is ready...

I think step number one is limiting the self concept of I. These days I'm not trying to fight it so much, but when 'I' feel or think something disturbing, I'll hum uuuuuuuu and try to feel it flow up and down my center.

The You sound reminds me to move away from the I concept.

Michael

check out the song "Endless Dream" by YES.

The lyrics are very in sync to this topic and I guarantee it will move you.

PM me if any of you want a disc to get the listen on this one!!! The song itself is set in 3 parts (a, b, c) and is about 11 minutes long. But it is totally rockin good stuff. :lol:

-M

I think Tao is beyond and within everything including thought. I think Tao is initially approached as beyond thought because our thoughts currently aggregrate around a false perception of personal body-mind as Tao. But even this illusion is Tao.

When you can always recognize it, when you can see that it never leaves you or me or him or her...(because the conception of that force keeps changing shapes and faces) and are aware of this force for unity in life, you can never forget it. It becomes a part of everything you do and say.

Whether we have thought or not, it is there. Still, moving, talking, sleeping, conscious, with a group or alone...there will be not one absence of such.

I've messed with the thinking on myriads, a reflection of every single lifetime connected in a solitary journey - what kind of learning could ensue from this?? Would we actually be able to retain any memories or experience in some form through the ages??

If what you give of the life that you live and all that you are, means nothing in the cosmic universe then why be given this kind of perception at all while living in a solitary being of flesh? I had gotten rid of the thoughts about "what happens after I die?" the "heaven and hell" and "merit of deed being relevant after death" because I am supercharged and focused on the answers of what the intention was for the gift of this short lifespan interacting on nature and humanitary condition. Just like Yoda, I'm constantly searching out gems from analogistic piles of all kinds. Not everything is beautiful and perfect and positive, but the worthwhile things will have something that will last in you and make an impact for all of time.

A great wind is blowing.

This will give you either imagination, or a headache.

Alas, you are still you.

And the world is as it is.

-M

Sign in to follow this