Wth?

I just did a simple breath meditation and all of a sudden - I swear if I'm lying I'm dying - my hands started moving into all these weird positions! All on their own! Fingers touching palm, then moving to do a hook-em-horns kinda thing, then shifting to do a middle finger to thumb, then shifting again to do pinky to thumb, and lots of other kooky finger to finger and fingers to palm type movements, etc. ALL on their OWN! *I* wasn't doing it.

Wth is up with that?! This has never happened before. Is this a side effect of KAP?!

What does this mean in TCM? Does it mean the meridians or chi in my hands are sick?!!!!!!

:(

Edited by SereneBlue

Sounds like a kundalini awakening. Lucky you.

No, this was nowhere even remotely close to what I've read are descriptions of Kundalini awakening. I didn't feel zip 'awakening' in my pelvis, spine or anything else.

This was localized to my hands. I am wondering if this is a side effect of my doing KAP? I hope it doesn't mean I have sick chi.

:(

I dont know that this will be comforting to read, since I don't know much about this type of thing--but I think you're gonna be fine. I imagine that this is just a powerful experience, brought about by powerful energy work--KAP. I was less than five minutes behind you when you got accepted for the free KAP tuition. I had JUST logged on to TTB and notices the thread where you got accepted. I looked at the time, and I was like--Dang! just missed that.

Please take comfort in the idea that *maybe* it was more than luck that had you stumble into this KAP stuff, maybe someone was serious when they typed 'that's just the way Shakti wants it'. Maybe you needed this, it sounds like its working in some way.

I dont think you're gonna be nuts.

hope that makes you feel better;-)

thinking peaceful vibes for you

Nate-

And before you start imagining your whole life as a series of explanations of your odd hand gestures to strangers, think about this--that guy in the link had them randomly, for no apparent reason--you had one when doing a meditation exercise. If you continue to have these every time that you do meditations, then just don't do meditations in public?

I'm definitely going to do KAP!!! Have you talked to your KAP teacher about this? Other KAP people?

Cool, but don't get distracted by phenomena.

Yes, don't panic, all is good.

If symptoms persist and cause anxiety run the secret smile and email Tao :)

Yes, don't panic, all is good.

If symptoms persist and cause anxiety run the secret smile and email Tao :)

Flow with the go ;)

Nothing to worry about. In fact it's a good sign.

You're re-establishing a link to your divine intelligence - which is closely linked with your bodily intelligence, and not very linked with your ordinary, mental intelligence. So it's not a surprise that you're freaked out!

I know many people that have this kind of thing in Kunlun practice - just let go and let it do its thing :)

Nothing to worry about. In fact it's a good sign.

You're re-establishing a link to your divine intelligence - which is closely linked with your bodily intelligence, and not very linked with your ordinary, mental intelligence. So it's not a surprise that you're freaked out!

I know many people that have this kind of thing in Kunlun practice - just let go and let it do its thing :)

It's like getting used to it phase? Like when riding a bicycle, first you have no control over it at all, and then after some time you and the bike can become as one ;)

Hi SereneBlue...

IME spontaneous kriyas (what you are describing) happen when either prana or kundalini energy is running through your system and creating friction with obstructions still lodged in your subtle nervous system. This is not a bad thing....this is purification. Be easy with it. Don't try to force them, don't try to stop them. Allow the movements to happen as they need to and things will be fine.

The only time I find that they can be an issue is when I am in public. I had some pretty violent kriyas happen once during savasana in a kundalini yoga class which caused the teacher to stop the entire class and call an ambulance as she thought I was having a seizure....(I was laying on my back in savasana and was doing complex mudras with my hands as well as having spontaneous bastrika pranayam happening as well as the "waving spine" thing which was causing me to bounce while the crown of my head was pushed hard into the floor.) This was not great. Another time I was at a sahaja yoga conference (this isn't a style of yoga I practice, I was just there to see Sri Mataji in person to see what she was like) and was having a "hands on" session with the conference organizer when I had a pretty extreme bout of kriyas happen that caused more bastrika pranayam, more mudras, more waving spine stuff and caused about 50 people to get up out of their chairs to move away from me. A little awkward ;) . Personally I haven't found anything that helps to keep these under control once they begin, but I have found that if I stay away from any sort of "crown chakra" practices I don't have these at all. Both of the above situations happened directly after/during a crown chakra meditation/practice.

So, I guess I don't really have a whole lot of advice in the way of how to avoid them, or to control them....I don't think that is possible. It is possible though to tweak your sadhana to keep these at a minimum IME. Only you will know what will work for you though. Try not to stress over it though, it is "normal"(ish) ;)

Love,

Carson :D

Edited by CarsonZi

I did the meditation again later that night and same thing happened - hand kriyas - except that time I also felt a tiny trickle of *something* (chi?) along my spine. And later that night as I focused on my breath to relax before sleep my body started doing a funky Qi Gong-ish (dolphin-like? snake-like?) undulating dance front-to-back and side-to-side movements with my spine. I felt like I was being forced to be a Bellydancer. I'm sure I looked quite silly. :D

I've posted to Tao asking his opinion on things. He usually doesn't answer the Facebook posts preferring to wait until class time to answer them directly during the call.

In any case I am glad to know it's not a sign of sick chi. That was my main worry. And then I discovered that one website I linked to earlier and that scared the daylights out of me. But I think maybe if I just follow Tao's instructions I hopefully won't live through the hell that lady went through.