Sign in to follow this  
Trucker

Meditations for enlightenment and cultavating chi

Hi all I was at the book store today looking for books on Yoga and internal martial arts. The only thing I found where books that describe the external systems but none that did more then touch face with the internal systems. Can someone please help me to find a good website or a good book on this topic. A video on the internet would be great as well. Thanks all for your time.

Guest sykkelpump

Hi all I was at the book store today looking for books on Yoga and internal martial arts. The only thing I found where books that describe the external systems but none that did more then touch face with the internal systems. Can someone please help me to find a good website or a good book on this topic. A video on the internet would be great as well. Thanks all for your time.

This is the first of 5 videos,you find the other 4 on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7NCfTo-xc...feature=related

this book describe the meditation in the videos,and some other good methods.I especially reccomand the white skeleton meditation.

http://www.meditationexpert.com/BeautifulSkin.htm

Edited by sykkelpump

A moving form that I really like is primordial qigong. It does everything. The ebook is 19 bucks.

I recommend this because you ask about cultivating qi, and meditation for enlightenment. But then you also asked about martial arts...so...

A book that's a decent overview of different systems and teachers is Nei Jia Quan.

Being a yichuan/taiji/hsing-I guy, I wish my first move in chi cultivation would have been with the book Chi Kung: Way of Power.

There are even people that practice this method exclusively for an entire lifetime. If it works for you, than it may be all you need. The practice is Zhan Zhuang (called "standing"), some of the old time masters like Guo Yunshen taught beginners only standing for the first 3 years, then the form. Your skeleton will find perfect posture, your muscles will gain strength and interconnectedness, giving your body balanced energy flow, coordination/power, and you will have the upper hand in whatever form you choose to carry your standing practice into.

Just what I wish I would have done instead going through Spring Forest Qigong (a high quality healing practice IMO) and mantak chia's stuff to eventually finding standing practice and the martial arts, which is where my passion expresses itself now.

Edited by Old Man Contradiction

Guest sykkelpump

Being a yichuan/taiji/hsing-I guy, I wish my first move in chi cultivation would have been with the book Chi Kung: Way of Power.

There are even people that practice this method exclusively for an entire lifetime. If it works for you, than it may be all you need. The practice is Zhan Zhuang (called "standing"), some of the old time masters like Guo Yunshen taught beginners only standing for the first 3 years, then the form. Your skeleton will find perfect posture, your muscles will gain strength and interconnectedness, giving your body balanced energy flow, coordination/power, and you will have the upper hand in whatever form you choose to carry your standing practice into.

Just what I wish I would have done instead going through Spring Forest Qigong (a high quality healing practice IMO) and mantak chia's stuff to eventually finding standing practice and the martial arts, which is where my passion expresses itself now.

Yes,zhan zhuang is very good.maybe the best qi gong method.spring forest is also very good.mantak chia I sincerly belive is waste of time.

But the fastest and most powerfull by far in my experience is white skeleton meditation.I belive it would be no problem to train both white skeleton and zhan zhuang

Thanks guys for all the great recommendations. I think I'm going to go with the white skeleton. I have to wait till I can put some money in the bank tomorrow. The book was originally for my sister but I feel it could be very helpful for me and my chakras as well. Oh and scotty I like that write up on being aware of awareness. That should help put me to sleep at night.

Edited by Trucker

Yes,zhan zhuang is very good.maybe the best qi gong method.spring forest is also very good.mantak chia I sincerly belive is waste of time.

Agreed. I actually went back and re-edited what I said from "Mantak Chia's crap(IMO)" to "Mantak Chia's stuff". Luckily I only wasted a month or two on his stuff. But you know, maybe it is good for somebody, just wasn't for me.

Sign in to follow this