Sign in to follow this  
Max

Hungry Ghost Feeding

Ok, here is the link to the complete hungry Ghost feeding ritual:

http://www.meditationexpert.com/Articles/h...osts-pretas.htm

DO NOT take it lightly, because it's in my opinion one of the best practices known to accumulate merit. It's like feeding hundreds of homeless people every night, only it's much better and much more effective and valuable. It will help you so much with your spiritual practices, because your merit is the key that opens up those doors.

Please do exactly as said in the instructions. Make sure it's the right ring hinger pointing out and not the others, for it will change the meaning to the whole thing. Make also sure that the finger is straight.

And when reciting, try to "be" in the moment instead of going on auto-pilot and thinking about something else. :roll:

Enjoy!

From http://www.meditationexpert.com/

BEFFORE FEEDIN DA HUNGRY GHOSTS, DO YA TAKE CARE O YER LOCAL HOMELESS? NO? SO WHY DO YA GIVE A SHIT ABOUT DA GHOSTSS??

IT'S LIKE, AT ONE TIME I WAS EATIN A BITCH'S PUSY, N A GODDAM BROWN RECCLUSE AKA VIOLIN SPIDER BIT MY FINGER (THANK *GOD* NOT MY *SALAMI*), SO I GOT REAL PISSED N KILLED DA MOFO. BROWN RECCLUSES BE DA MOST POISONOUS SPIDERS IN AMMERICA, IN CASE YA DONT KNOW, THEY INJECT YA WITH DIGESTIVE ENZIMES N ACTUALLY MELT YER FLESH. WELL, I KILLED DA MOTHERFUKER WITH A SLAP N SPREAD DA CADDAVER ALL OVER DA WALL, N THIS BITCH WENT OFF ON ME CALLIN ME ANIMAL KILLER N INSENSITIVE BASTARD!!!

SO I TOLDER, LOOK YA STOOPID BITCH, YA MAKE SO MUCH FUSS ABBOUT THIS MUTHAFUKIN INSECT, BUT YA *DONT* GIVE A SHIT ABOUT POOR ME, MY HAND SWOLLEN LIKE ANHAMBURGER, MY PAIN, MY ANGUISH.

SO DA MORALE O DA STORY IS, LETS GIVE A SHIT FIRST ABBOUT DA LIVIN N INNOCENT, N *THEN* GIVE A SHIT ABOUT DA DEAD N GUITLY (CUZ HUNGRY GHOSTS HAVE BEEN GUILTY O MISEDDES IN DEIR LIFFETIMES, ELSE THEY WOULDNT BE HUNGRY GHOSTS).

JUST MY 2 YEN

RJ

vspdr_AS02_01.jpg

Ron, we all do what we can to help those in need, be that an advise about meditation, money to that homeless guy or a prayer for suffering spirits. The question is "WILL you go out and help homeless?" or "WILL you sit and pray for the hungry ghosts?"

You can focus your efforts wherever you like. But, it is very hard to feed millions of homeless in your lifetime unless that is your full time job. Humans are very difficult to help. It is so easy to feed hungry ghosts--it takes a few minutes a day and by the time you die from natural causes or your next recluse bite, you will have fed millions of them. The merit ads up like interest in an IRA. With so much merit, you will be able to hook up with great teachers in the next life.

I have read half of WFC and just ordered "how to measure and deepen your spiritual progress" for $97. Read the marketing about it, but if I understood correctly, you get WFC, White Skeleton, and all the other ebooks on the site with the purchase of "how to measure". While I'm not a Buddhist, Bodri is a brilliant teacher and the "how to measure book" with the other freebies is the best deal.

-Yoda 8)

I ordered it very late last night. I got it wrong--you don't get all the other ebooks with it, but I read 50+pp of it already and it is more practice oriented than what I've read so far in WFC so go with that after getting White Skeleton. That's one badass practice.

-Yoda

I think the whole point have been twisted beyond believe and recognition. If you help anyone, because of you want to get merit there is no merit in that. And you can as well feed your lust on internet. The only things that makes sense is to help out of your true nature. Now when you help out of your true nature this pretty much dictates what you will help. There are things that naturally resonate with you, and things for which you cannot REALLY give a fuck. Some people go a great length to help animals, some people, children, ghosts, squirrels, and sheeps. (Giving relieve to horny human males are generally quite low on the list, but I did met a girl who made love with a guy because he was in a wheel chair and just needed it, she was amazingly beautiful both inside and outside).

Q. to Plato :?: : isn't it that feeding ghosts is just simpler, because is harder to recognise that our help will most of the time not make great changes? I mean, to give some bread to one person on the street is something. To work really hard to get one person out of the street until he gets back his sense of dignity and stands on his two feets is a complete other matter. Somehow with ghosts is often hard to get the reality test that says, ok you have ended your working with this spirit. So you can illude yourself that you did so much.

P.

If you practice every day and on a spiritual path for a long time, it is your true nature that will guide you to make steps and help other beings. You will look for the ways to do it so your abilities are used to the fullest extent possible. Feeding hungry ghosts is not a simple matter. It requires that you already have enough good karma to notice this method to be worthy of your time as opposed to just look at it and exclaim "Fuck hungry ghosts... There are millions of people in this world that need food".

There are many people on this planet that dedicated their lives to helping poor and unfortunate. How many people do you know that do the same for beings suffering in hells or trapped in this realm? Do you think those beings are insignificant comparing to people in this physical world?

If you feed ghosts long enough, you WILL see the difference and actual results. All depends on your level of perception, that's all.

Nobody really does it because of the types of reasonings that you and Ron Jeremy have. Nothing wrong with what you say, as a matter of fact, your comments are 100% correct but your comments won't generate results. :shock:

The result is more merit. You need it, I need it--we all need it.

The fact is that it doesn't matter if you do merit for personal gain. Just like it doesn't matter if you kill for a noble cause. You are still a killer and owe someone a life.

If you must be greedy, be greedy for merit.

While I agree with you that giving from your "true nature" is superior, how will you get to this place if you don't have enough merit? You need merit to get the right teacher, to open up the right channels, etc.

Do you and Ron feed 20 homeless people every night? Nope. I say if you feed them with hate in your heart you are still doing better then if you do nothing at all. Why? You've stopped their hunger for a while!

Brother Pietro,

Agrees to what you say on helping others without intent of getting merit.

I think the whole idea of this practice is to cool down the mind and make it good and easy for entering Samadhi. Whether one is helping hungry ghost, animals or another human, it makes him feel good and that is immediate karmic merit.

Just my two euros,

With metta,

Harry Pain

Feeding hungry ghosts is not a simple matter. It requires that you already have enough good karma to notice this method to be worthy of your time as opposed to just look at it and exclaim "Fuck hungry ghosts... There are millions of people in this world that need food".

Max, com'on. That's circular thinking of the worse kind:

"This is hard. Part of it being hard is that most people don't see this as a problem. Instead of convincing you on independent basis that this is a problem (which would be an acceptable way of acting) I claim that it is just self evident if your virtue is high enough. My virtue is high enough. The proove is in the fact that I see this as a problem (amd back we are at the starting point)."

How many people do you know that do the same for beings suffering in hells or trapped in this realm?

Methinks quite a lot since the a chinese festivity is designed just for that.

Do you think those beings are insignificant comparing to people in this physical world?

No, I think there is a strong risk in this becoming just another mental masturbation, like playing the "I will one day become immortal if I just move this into that, that into this, and then turn around 5 times". It's rituals, and the mind gets fed with rituals, while the Spirit gets fed up with them and the spirits are immaginarily fed.

Brother Pietro,

Agrees to what you say on helping others without intent of getting merit.

I think the whole idea of this practice is to cool down the mind and make it good and easy for entering Samadhi. Whether one is helping hungry ghost, animals or another human, it makes him feel good and that is immediate karmic merit.

Just my two euros,

With metta,

Harry Pain

Nobody really does it because of the types of reasonings that you and Ron Jeremy have. Nothing wrong with what you say, as a matter of fact, your comments are 100% correct but your comments won't generate results.

Only if you stop thinking half way. If you want to follow the reasoning line you need to think all the way.

internal dialogue:

Look, this guy needs some food.

I should be giving some. Hey wait, then I am giving because I want to have merit. But then I will not accumulate any merit. I better keep my bread. But he is hungry. Here, let me just give him because he is hungry, even if I will not get any points for it. Ha! But now I am doing for him, so I AM getting points. So I am doing it for both reasons. But the desire for credit is enough to pollute the possibility to get any credit for it.

You see, logically it has no solution, or we can say it has no digital (0|1) solution. You might think that it has a fuzzy solution, something like I get half of the points. But even that is wrong, because even a small desire to have credit will just pollute the whole thing. SO there is NO way to get any credit. Thus you are free from this nighmer of credit (you are not going to get any in any case) and you can happily give the bread that you feel. Thus getting back your points.

The result is more merit.

Maybe.

The fact is that it doesn't matter if you do merit for personal gain.

Maybe.

Just like it doesn't matter if you kill for a noble cause. You are still a killer and owe someone a life.

Maybe.

Do you and Ron feed 20 homeless people every night?

No, I personally don't.

Pietro, I see where you are coming from.

All I can say is this.

You either do it or you don't. You help beings because you chose to, and if something stops you form doing this thing, than you shouldn't do it. If you think this is a ritual that can become a "mental masturbation", you should find something that you feel more comfortable with, like going to Africa to help kids with HIV or donating your time in a homeless center. Either way you and the beings you help will benefit.

I see our whole life as a bunch of rituals, from the minute we wake up to the minute we go back to bed. It's just some rituals can lift your spirit better.

:roll: If this type of thought-stream is typical of what flows through your mind...

...In other words, you don't feed anyone who is hungry--be they living or dead (at least not personally :? ) because you are too busy mentally masturbating yourself?

You know, if I masturbated physically as much you do, I would be too tired to think as much as you do. Perhaps your enhanced mental powers are a result of the water method of cultivation? :P

fun-wc.jpg

ALL THIS MERIT THANG IS REALLY, DA WAY RELLIGION IS TAUGHT TO CHINDREN, WHO DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT IT SINCE THEY KNOW BETTER, SO DA PREACHER HAS TO TELL EM, LOOK IF YA GO TO CHURCH TODAY, TOMMORROW SANTA WILL BRING YA DA LOLLYPOP.

DA PITFALL O DA MERIT THANG IS, YA ASSUME THERE IS CONTINNUITY BETWEEN DA PERFORMER O DA GOOD DEED, N DA REAPER O DA BENNEFITS O DA GOOD DEED.

HOW-EVER, WHAT IF THAT AINT SO???

THEN YALL BE SCREWED!!! BIG TIME!!!

WHAT I MEAN IS, YA ASSUME THAT *YA* ARE SOMETHIN REAL N LASTIN.

SO YA ASSUME THAT *YA* DO AN ACTION NOW, N *YA* WILL REAP DA BENEFITS LATER.

WELL, LET ME TELL YA, IF THAT WAS DA CASE, THERE'D BE NO REASON FOR DA QUEST AFTER IMMORTALLITY!!!

WHAT BOOKS SUCH AS DA BAGHAVAD GITA TEACH INSTEAD IS, DA ONLY RIGHT ACTION IS ACTION FOR ITS OWN SAKE, WHILE DA WRONG ACTION IS ACTION FOR ITS FRUITS.

ACTION FOR ITS FRUITS LEADS TO ATTACHMENT N TO SLAVERY. ACTION FOR ITS OWN SAKE LEADS TO FREEDOM.

EG, IF I SEE A STARVIN MOFO ON DA STREET, N I FEEL FOR DA MOFO, THEN IF I FEED DA MOFO JUST FOR DA SHIT O IT, THAT'S TRIGHT ACTION.

IT BEGGINS N ENDS RIGHT THERE, ITS COMPLETE IN ITSELF, JUST A WORK O ART. JUST A PERFECT THANG, PERIOD.

BUT IF I SEE A MOFO ON DA STREET N THINK, WELL LEMME FEED THIS COCKSUCKER, SO THAT I WILL BE REBORN IN A BETTER SHITTY LIFE.

WELL, THAT'S WRONG ACTION, THAT IS ACTION THAT LEADS TO CONTINUATION, THAT IS NOT PERFECT ACTION, THAT ACTION DONT STAND BY ITSELF, THAT ACTION IS BASED ON CRAVIN.

SO IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THIS MERIT THANG IS BULLSHIT, OR RATHER, A KINDERGARTEN TALE, BUT DA REAL MOFO DONT GIVE A SHIT ABBOUT CONSEQQUENCES OR RESULTS, HE JUST DO A Thang because, well just because. just because he wats it, not because he wants somethin else to follow. thats da way o women.

shit da caps be fucked up, cant type no mo'

rj

It seems that later arguments expected to arise have been predicted and covered by Anguttara Nikaya (Aiv 236)

The sutras record various motives for exercising generosity. The Anguttara Nikaya (A.iv,236) enumerates the following eight motives:

1. One gives with annoyance, or as a way of offending the recipient, or with the idea of insulting him.

2. Fear also can motivate a person to make an offering.

3. One gives in return for a favor done to oneself in the past.

4. One also may give with the hope of getting a similar favor for oneself in the future.

5. One gives because giving is considered good.

6. "I cook, they do not cook. It is not proper for me who cooks not to give to those who do not cook." Some give urged by such altruistic motives.

7. Some give alms to gain a good reputation.

8. Still others give alms to adorn and beautify the mind.

Favoritism (chanda), ill will (dosa) and delusion (moha) are also listed as motives for giving. Sometimes alms are given for the sake of maintaining a long-standing family tradition. A desire to be re-born in heaven after death is another dominant motive. Giving pleases some and they give with the idea of winning a happy frame of mind.

But it is maintained in the sutras that alms should be given without any expectations (na sapekho danam deti). Nor should alms be given with attachment to the recipient. If one gives with the idea of accumulating merits for later use; that is an inferior act of giving. If one gives with the hope of enjoying the result thereof after death; that is also an inferior act of giving. The only valid motive for giving should be the motive of adorning the mind, to rid the mind of the ugliness of greed and selfishness.

With Metta,

Harry Pain

Sometimes you come out with something that you feel is deep, but somehow it doesn't reach the ear, as you expceted it to be. Bad thing having expectations, and my aunt would have added "bad also to have ham in your ear". Amen.

If this type of thought-stream is typical of what flows through your mind...

I wish it was so! My thought stream is generally quite pointless, and does not lead anywhere. That did lead somwhere, and wasn't just casual, but was the fruit of me trying to brak through a mental problem. If you were proficient in math as you are with computer I would show you that the problem "what is the best stable attitude of the mind to have merit simply does not have a solution". This does not mean that you should not act, just that it makes no sense to BASE your action on a mental reason, since non mental reason, in this context, will be stable.

Do it, but do it because you feel so. Do it if and only if you would have done it independently if you get something out of it or nothing.

Let me rephrase it:

Would you help the guy if you were not to get nothing?

Would you also help him if you were to get something?

If wou answered yes to both the question how could the movement of the mind have any effect on your action. They are just a wheel not having an effect on your action. And this is stable.

I am sorry, I thought it was obvious.

...In other words, you don't feed anyone who is hungry--be they living or dead (at least not personally :? ) because you are too busy mentally masturbating yourself?

I answered to that before.

You know, if I masturbated physically as much you do, I would be too tired to think as much as you do. Perhaps your enhanced mental powers are a result of the water method of cultivation?

That and the raw meat, for which I thank you.

Best of luck with your ghosts,

Pietro

I see our whole life as a bunch of rituals, from the minute we wake up to the minute we go back to bed.

Just out of curiosity, are you practicing primordial chi kung? If you do, do you still feel this way just after you have practiced it?

Got a thought.

Universe doesn't have an admin dept.

Your karma is your karma precisely and only because you hold on to it.

Like wise with merit. If you "gain merit" this can only be implemented as a change in yourself.

So it has to be a reflection of you getting on better with 1)yourself and 2)others and 3)creation in general ALL AT ONCE TOGETHER, because if you're acting like there's a difference between those, the point is getting missed, to some extent.

There is no scoreboard. Not nowhere.

Sign in to follow this