Mantra68

Kunlun Answer Bag

I have been thinking long and hard about the subject of unanswered questions about the Kunlun practice from those who are practicing from the book and those who have studied with Max and are dealing with unusual issues.

I do have a life and I am pretty busy, but I promise that I will do my best to answer sincere questions specifically related to Yi Gong or the spontaneous adjustment qi gong Kunlun practice.

If you want to get into personal attacks aimed at myself or Max, your comments will be ignored. I quit coming to TTB for this reason.

I do enjoy answering people's questions and am making myself available in this capacity once again. My hope is that we can keep it purely focused on practice issues. We'll see how it goes...

Chris

May this help you brother.

Many of Chris's thoughts in one place

{has been edited <_<:( or I misremembered *sigh* no that was the one, Yoda channeling Winpro :( so much information lost........ (mumbles something about book burning) }

Ignore the off topic post and questions, give love to all :)

It would be best to not take any of the insults too personal.

But i understand that can become extra difficult if your main goal is to simply be as sincere as you can. and in the meantime (at least from a perspective that if you haven't 'shifted' it somewhat yet) get some nasty crap in return of your well meant "favors". (favors as in replying to serious (but not kiss ass questions)) ;)

But if you get a take on not taking (such) things seriously then at least your view and feeling about it will shift and it matters less. (which is favorable to those that like to hear from you) :)

Edited by froggie

It would be best to not take any of the insults too personal.

But i understand that can become extra difficult if your main goal is to simply be as sincere as you can. and in the meantime (at least from a perspective that if you haven't 'shifted' it somewhat yet) get some nasty crap in return of your well meant "favors". (favors as in replying to serious (but not kiss ass questions)) ;)

But if you get a take on not taking (such) things seriously then at least your view and feeling about it will shift and it matters less. (which is favorable to those that like to hear from you) :)

Thanks for your comments.

I think I prefer to have folks just PM me instead of using this answer bag.

I am leaving public forums for good. I really appreciate everyone's support, but this is it for me.

Bye.

Thanks for your comments.

I think I prefer to have folks just PM me instead of using this answer bag.

I am leaving public forums for good. I really appreciate everyone's support, but this is it for me.

Bye.

Why would you want to do that?

This topic you were trying hasn't even really started.

And so far the replies you have received were only there to support you in it really.

I empathize with your decision.

Discussion boards are a good place to put information out there, answer a few questions, and then move on. If I were doing a particular qigong method that I felt comfortable discussing (I wouldn't want to start answering questions for the general population without the approval my instructor) I would describe it in general and answer some basic questions. I wouldn't give out personalized advice in public and I wouldn't go into great detail on a discussion board.

Imagine that I wanted to learn northern shaolin kung fu. Actually I do but that's another story. Am I going to go on a discussion board to ask detailed questions of all the movements, expression of jin etc.? No. If I wanted really detailed instruction I would go to a teacher. People have to understand something - the people that teach qigong or even traditional wushu owe the general public nothing in terms of explanations. It's not their job to promote their art. If they want to promote it and put the information out there (by choice) it's for you to act on if you are interested. I'm not defending or endorsing kunlun bliss as I've never done it.

for sincere inquiries you have two kinds the general and the specific. General inquiries can be answered publicly. specific detailed questions should probably be answered in person from teacher to student. If the teacher wants to answer questions on a board like this or through e-mail it's best done privately assuming that the questions are being asked by a dedicated student. My sifu teaches emei kung fu and other styles. If I ask him a detailed question he'll answer it in a way that he thinks is appropriate given my skill level. If a stranger e-mails him with detailed inquiries about kung fu he will probably ignore them or tell them to come to the school.

My advice to people is this - try to gain a decent background with the generalities of qigong. I recommend Yang Jwing-Ming's DVD series 'Understanding Qigong." Look at some of the books about chinese medicine offered at Redwing Books. That will really help you in the long run. When you encounter a qigong method that you want to learn you have to keep in mind that not every school of qigong or even daoism will have the same conceptions about various components of chinese medicine and qi theory. That's one reason why you have different schools.

If you really want to learn something you should plan on visiting an instructor at some point. DVDs and books are great but you have to eventually learn this stuff in person to gain skill and also to resolve your doubts. Discussion boards are a great way to stay current and get exposed to different things that are being taught. They're not good for detailed instruction. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

And again for the record I am not a kunlun bliss practitioner. I have no opinion of it. If you think something is BS you may be right and in any case it's not for you.

I have a question regarding Kunlun 1: Does it need to be done with feet touching the ground or is it ok to do it on higher floors?

the book shows feet on a carpet or hide on top of grass.

the book shows feet on a carpet or hide on top of grass.

actually, a bit of an insulator. should be fine on the third floor.

They're serious about wearing a robe, too. If you get the right kind it can help you to build up your energy faster.

An hour's just a general suggestion. If you feel relatively done after 35 min, do your closedown then and fill out your hour that way.

Is the more intense beating since starting the practice?

few things after reading your post.

- try Five Elements(its on my site) and basic Qigong balancing exercises. I find them to really help.

- I see bouncing etc as a purification/ opening the blockages and then the bliss can rise

- I also see that its temporary for bouncing then really by though we can go to bliss

- and then ultimately from bliss to emptyness

If bouncing stop, then you dont need to stop. You can try just to sit... Or close and sit with the closing.

As book mentions that is when greatest things can happen.

Guest winpro07

I noticed for my self that all senses were much amplified and my heart beat and pulse was very strong in the whole body. Its kind of like the tongues sense ability in amplifying a very small hole in a tooth to seem very large in the mind, while the eyes see it as very small. My hearing changed this way too. It was amplified to hearing everything around on 10 all the time. I got used to it after a while and realized that my heart beat and pulse in the body was not actually amplified. I just regained my ability to feel such things. Gravity is like this too. It's like the earth is responsible for human evolution and wants to send our bodies into light

I noticed for my self that all senses were much amplified and my heart beat and pulse was very strong in the whole body. Its kind of like the tongues sense ability in amplifying a very small hole in a tooth to seem very large in the mind, while the eyes see it as very small. My hearing changed this way too. It was amplified to hearing everything around on 10 all the time. I got used to it after a while and realized that my heart beat and pulse in the body was not actually amplified. I just regained my ability to feel such things. Gravity is like this too. It's like the earth is responsible for human evolution and wants to send our bodies into light

Dear winpro,

Firstly, a big thank you for some of your really nice insights on the practice. Can you comment on Kunlun practice without transmission and with transmission? What, in your opinion, is the difference and if there is any, how to bridge this gap?

Dear winpro,

Firstly, a big thank you for some of your really nice insights on the practice. Can you comment on Kunlun practice without transmission and with transmission? What, in your opinion, is the difference and if there is any, how to bridge this gap?

As a speaker of many who have no means of a physical transmission, I do the best I with what I have. If it becomes possible to attend a seminar, I will. If not, oh well. It seems that the gifted are centered around the west coast for some reason.

I value all that I have learned from books and the Internet, but frankly, there are no apparent Tao Masters in Midwestern US. Max was born in Michigan, but thrived elsewhere.

Maybe we should all move to Hawaii or California. That is where all the enlightenment is :(

An hour's just a general suggestion. If you feel relatively done after 35 min, do your closedown then and fill out your hour that way.

Is the more intense beating since starting the practice?

intense beating yes after practice. I kinda test myself; stmes continue other times close down.Thx.

few things after reading your post.

- try Five Elements(its on my site) and basic Qigong balancing exercises. I find them to really help.

- I see bouncing etc as a purification/ opening the blockages and then the bliss can rise

- I also see that its temporary for bouncing then really by though we can go to bliss

- and then ultimately from bliss to emptyness

If bouncing stop, then you dont need to stop. You can try just to sit... Or close and sit with the closing.

As book mentions that is when greatest things can happen.

haven't started five elements yet but will, starting with I-Jong posture which I assume is important.bouncing a side effect should be of course. bliss is a real strong word for me at the moment all I feel energy and strong pulses..can't really say I am a seeker of bliss too(understanding bliss in my own way-though I wont say No on the way!) thx anyway for guidance.

Has my hearing or senses amplified? perhaps a bit but not 10 fold.not particularly. However I can safely say the beating is much calmer than it is felt yet again there is an intensity to an extent.Most of the time a pulsation on belly button after level 1 and in the head, at the spine or other areas during the day.

I have had some cancers,sores inside my mouth when started Kunlun and they quicky disappeared. good to mention because this ailment though seems minor is so common among all people and no quick cure or its causes have been found in modern medicine.

intense beating yes after practice. I kinda test myself; stmes continue other times close down.Thx.

something that might help this would be a good abdominal breathing regimen, even if its just during your closedown. take some time to familiarize yourself with all of the muscles that control your breath - start at the tip of your nose and follow the path down. learn to completely relax all the air passageways until you're just using your diaphragm - do the one breath, no significant pauses between inhale & exhale. once you've got that down you will start to notice the connection between diaphragm & pericardium - it rests upon the diaphragm. get your breath gentle enough that you are able to completely relax the pericardium, your heart will feel gently suspended and supported. continue until you cant hear your breath any longer (and then put some earplugs in, and continue until you cant hear it with earplugs :lol: then the loudest thing is going to be your heart.)

that isnt something that is going to "work instantly" - but done as a regular practice it should help calm the cardiovascular system (and heck, everything else...I did this as a longevity breathing practice a little while back with excellent results) and hopefully prevent that from coming up in the first place.

w-reckless,

I agree with joeblast...the one-breath is necessary.

I value all that I have learned from books and the Internet, but frankly, there are no apparent Tao Masters in Midwestern US. Max was born in Michigan, but thrived elsewhere.

According to the story, Max was struck by lightning which fused his third eye, in Michigan. :D

I will keep cultivating here in the UP.

w-reckless,

According to the story, Max was struck by lightning which fused his third eye, in Michigan. :D

I will keep cultivating here in the UP.

I guess I have a better chance of getting a transmission from the clouds than I do from Max :) . That is if it doesn't kill me!

Hey guys, hello again

I started I-Jong posture wow that something . I bounce real strong after some minutes especially my left leg, which seemed unresponsive during initial Kunlun level 1. after that tried five elemenst which seemed more s,lent and balancing but I am so new to this so my comments and experiences might well change even by days.

One question here:

During I_Jong posture I bend my knees, a little opening outwards. When I do five elemets , do I have to maintain the angle(bent knees) or simply stand in normal way. Asking this because if I maintain, I continue to bounce and shake. Is this better or nor I do not know but tiring definitely for another at least 40 so minutes needed for five elements. On the other hand , when standing straight(legs) in normal posture, I feel I lam locking the joints which is told to be avoided in the book.

BTW No more diminishing of energy after 35 minutes though still I cant do for 1 hour , too tired after initial postures(and impatience:)

thanks

Another question

Anybody heard or used Egyptian healing rods in combination with Kunlun.

I do know from internet a Kunlun instructor who uses this with Kunlun.

Normally I am not into external forms but like in alchemy or crystals, IMO, they may quite be useful providing not to get lost or attached.

I felt the same familiar thing(tt it isuseful)with the rods that's why I am asking.Also I remember there is a warning about practicing other forms which might be very dangerous and unhealthy when practicing Kunlun, don t know rods would be or not in this respect.

thank you.