Sign in to follow this  
baloneyx

Ok check this guy out and tell me what you think

Ok so I came across this guys videos, I returned here just to post this and see what people think of his videos and attitude. I havent seen them all, but probably will :lol: So the link is to his channel, pick whicheve you want from there with him in it :P

To sum it up though, his message is pretty much, anyone who believes in God is retarded/has some kinda disorder.

Hes not a bad guy, he even saved a birdie :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/calpurnpiso

Enjoy

Happy as a kid with a box of matches

And happy as a politician/dictator with a missile

Is what comes to mind :)

He seems to like to play, but he doesn't really have a good clue what he's doing

Edited by froggie

Guest paul walter

Ok so I came across this guys videos, I returned here just to post this and see what people think of his videos and attitude. I havent seen them all, but probably will :lol: So the link is to his channel, pick whicheve you want from there with him in it :P

To sum it up though, his message is pretty much, anyone who believes in God is retarded/has some kinda disorder.

Hes not a bad guy, he even saved a birdie :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/calpurnpiso

Enjoy

He looks crazy, talks crazy, aka is crazy. Paul.

He would say everyone here has a disorder, because most if not all here believe in something beyond what science can prove right now. So all this spiritual stuff is something created by the brain, so its fake/not real. In other words we look crazy (doing spiritual practice), we talk crazy(talking about spiritual stuff), we are crazy!

I do appreciate that hes backing up all his claims with some kinda proof though, whilst we cannot or will not :rolleyes: (yes I referring to you guys with super ninja powers)

He would say everyone here has a disorder, because most if not all here believe in something beyond what science can prove right now. So all this spiritual stuff is something created by the brain, so its fake/not real. In other words we look crazy (doing spiritual practice), we talk crazy(talking about spiritual stuff), we are crazy!

I do appreciate that hes backing up all his claims with some kinda proof though, whilst we cannot or will not :rolleyes: (yes I referring to you guys with super ninja powers)

Well there's his problem, there's always a limit to what science can prove right now.

Isn't it Clarke's third law that says "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic?"

I was watching a documentary about world war II military aviation. The military put temporary bases on various islands in the south pacific. There were native inhabitants who weren't very advanced, still living in primitive tribal societies. These planes would come and drop supplies for the soldiers, who would usually share with the natives. These people thought these airplanes were gods, or spirits of the ancestors, who were coming and giving them gifts for good behavior. After the war these planes left, but some people still prayed to these "spirits" that they would return.

Their understanding of technology, of "science" wasn't sufficiently advanced for them to understand the aircraft right now (from their perspective of "right now" anyway), so spirituality created an answer.

Furthermore, there are limits to our scientific knowledge even WITHOUT resorting to some kind of spiritual answer. Astronomers see things in the universe all the time that make us go, "huh....."

People with so much "faith" in science that they feel the compulsive need to show that everyone who doesn't agree with them is wrong, more often than not, are just afraid of the unknown, and are unwilling to accept many new ideas. So even though they SAY that science is willing to change to support new theories proven to be true..... well in practice that isn't always the case :lol:

Oh well, to each his own :)

Sign in to follow this