Sign in to follow this  
Taomeow

Any Kabbalah experts?

So I'm told this Thursday is the worst day of the year in the Kabbalah tradition, actually the timing (on the East coast where I presently find myself) is from 8 pm today till 9 pm Thursday. I checked the Chinese San Niang days and, no, it doesn't coincide with any. I know very little about Kabbalah beyond generalities, so I don't know why this day is designated as a dark day -- supposedly the powers of good have no power during this time and whatever good you attempt to do turns over to the evil side. Has anyone heard anything about it? Any explanations? corroborations or refutations?

If someone can respond before 8 pm tonight, I'd appreciate it.

So I'm told this Thursday is the worst day of the year in the Kabbalah tradition, actually the timing (on the East coast where I presently find myself) is from 8 pm today till 9 pm Thursday. I checked the Chinese San Niang days and, no, it doesn't coincide with any. I know very little about Kabbalah beyond generalities, so I don't know why this day is designated as a dark day -- supposedly the powers of good have no power during this time and whatever good you attempt to do turns over to the evil side. Has anyone heard anything about it? Any explanations? corroborations or refutations?

google Tisha b'Av

I don't think it's strictly a kabbalah thing.

T

google Tisha b'Av

I don't think it's strictly a kabbalah thing.

T

Thank you! this is different from the explanation I got, apparently in kabballah they assess this day energetically rather than historically... but the two always overlap anyway... I mean, history follows energy.

Edited by Taomeow

Are you speaking of this particular thursday the 30 july from 8pm to 9pm?

Madonna is giving a concert tonight...she probably starts around 8-9..

THere is a rainstorm outside and it's building up.

I have never heard of this but interestingly I have had quite a turbulent day with strong emotions coming up. I only did a brief qi gong session in the morning and spent most of the day in bed- on my day off.

Are you speaking of this particular thursday the 30 july from 8pm to 9pm?

Madonna is giving a concert tonight...she probably starts around 8-9..

THere is a rainstorm outside and it's building up.

This particular Thursday but starting after sunset yesterday and till 9 pm today.

We had a sizable storm last night (no Madonna though, whew), and the energy coming in seems to have manifested exactly the way San Niang energy usually does for me (that's the inauspicious days of Chinese lunar calendar), with things suddenly getting out of hand in the kitchen, only far more violently. Head of the household opened the cupboard and two of my unbreakable Lenox dishes that have been pushed around for twenty years with no one ever succeeding in even chipping a chip off any of them jumped out at him from an overhead shelf, hit him on the head, put a star-shaped crack into the lid of the coffee grinder on their way down and down, and shattered to dust. I was impressed.

This particular Thursday but starting after sunset yesterday and till 9 pm today.

We had a sizable storm last night (no Madonna though, whew), and the energy coming in seems to have manifested exactly the way San Niang energy usually does for me (that's the inauspicious days of Chinese lunar calendar), with things suddenly getting out of hand in the kitchen, only far more violently. Head of the household opened the cupboard and two of my unbreakable Lenox dishes that have been pushed around for twenty years with no one ever succeeding in even chipping a chip off any of them jumped out at him from an overhead shelf, hit him on the head, put a star-shaped crack into the lid of the coffee grinder on their way down and down, and shattered to dust. I was impressed.

Yep pretty crap day here as well, but if something breaks that's usually a good sign, means its dissipating the negativity. How much does our belief and expectations play into this?

I stayed up all night last night, and worked all day the day before, so I slept the entirety of today..... guess I missed out.... sorry :mellow:

Sign in to follow this