Sign in to follow this  
perhaps

Can anyone help

I've very recently began to think seriously about purchasing a matching curtain and duvet set and looking on the Argos website for bargains.....I know we are not meant to be "into"material things but I cant seem to help it...should I "go with the flow" or fight against it? p.s I live with a girl and think it may be her influence..what should i do??? :)

I've very recently began to think seriously about purchasing a matching curtain and duvet set and looking on the Argos website for bargains.....I know we are not meant to be "into"material things but I cant seem to help it...should I "go with the flow" or fight against it? p.s I live with a girl and think it may be her influence..what should i do??? :)

Do whatever she suggests. You will have more peace in your life that way.

Be well!

Do whatever she suggests. You will have more peace in your life that way.

Be well!

Spot -on Marblehead!!! ( although me girl says you are a cheeky bugger) :)

Will stay well...u too :)

Wouldn't a more accurate way of putting it be, one shouldn't be "attached to" material things? Just as we consider an ant hill, beaver dam or bird nest "natural", our animal (the animal being the human) made products are natural. We are only harmed by "holding onto" these things. When watching the ebb and flow of the universe, and understanding that this applies to us and our "things" too, the desire factor is tempered and controlled. Worrying too much about not being "into" things, can be as harmful as being too "into" them.

Wouldn't a more accurate way of putting it be, one shouldn't be "attached to" material things? Just as we consider an ant hill, beaver dam or bird nest "natural", our animal (the animal being the human) made products are natural. We are only harmed by "holding onto" these things. When watching the ebb and flow of the universe, and understanding that this applies to us and our "things" too, the desire factor is tempered and controlled. Worrying too much about not being "into" things, can be as harmful as being too "into" them.

Thank you for your reply T81...Trouble is am beginning to actually desire these things....believing these things will allow me to enjoy my surroundings more. Is it important for a taoist to have a nice environment to "be" in i wonder.....having bought a sleigh-bed, im now looking for matching bedside cabinets!! Boy do I need help :)

Thank you for your reply T81...Trouble is am beginning to actually desire these things....believing these things will allow me to enjoy my surroundings more. Is it important for a taoist to have a nice environment to "be" in i wonder.....having bought a sleigh-bed, im now looking for matching bedside cabinets!! Boy do I need help :)

Feng Shui was built on the I Ching, just like lots of Taoism.....

Feng Shui was built on the I Ching, just like lots of Taoism.....

T81 I thank you..id kinda overlooked feng shui...excellent...given me something tao to look into

Sign in to follow this