Sign in to follow this  
Oldman

New to me

I have never used a site like this and don't really know how. I decided to start this topic and try to ask specific questions in hopes that some patient soul will respond and help out the muddled old man.

What is the PM button on the bottom of some pages? I saw a post about live chat and it said to PM everybody and then see who chats. How do I actually push the right keys to do this? I have never been to a "chat room" and I really don't know the protocols etc. Anyone got any help for me? I can't stay online always but will check back periodically. And thank you all in advance.

PM stands for private message. Clicking the PM button lets you compose a message to a particular individual on the forums.

What confuses you about the chat?

Well I think I see what the chat room is about. If nobody is there, like yesterday then I guess that somehow I can PM people who are on site and see if anyone wants to chat.

I spent a couple hours browsing posts last night and I am beginning to see the uses of other things like attach and also how the reply buttons work. Go down to the bottom of the page to reply as the next posting or else reply to a specific previous post by using the reply button under that post.

Thanks though for responding and telling me what the PM was. There are a lot of abbreviations commonly used. Some I can figure out LOL and some are more cryptic :)

Sign in to follow this