Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

The bond between the Yin and Yang bodies

I haven't posted in ages but I've been checking in consistently for a long time and I still really enjoy all of your conversations, so thank you.

I think this is a delicate topic, and I am confused in trying to lessen my confusion. This post contains a lot so pick what you find stimulating I guess (filter my copious intellectual questionings, obviously I need to do some sitting meditation).

It seems to me that when I am asleep my energy (yang I think) body leaves my physical (yin I think) body and the dreams resulting are a process of mind, but the mind is independent of the mind of the earth which normally regulates our physical experiences.

In ordinary states the energy body resides within (clarify?) the physical body. What bonds these two together and what force is at work when they separate? I saw this question posed in another post having to do with Don Juan.

It seems to me that in Taoism, if the Yang portion of a human being can be purified (does this mean that the yin must be as well) during a lifetime to be infinitely spirit then enlightenment is attained, and infinity of mind is realized, without beginnings or ends

Any opinions, additions, would be gladly gobbled up

Rainbow

Hi Rainbow,

just so you know, my view is that of Tibetan Buddhism, primarily Dzogchen, so maybe this won't sound too Taoist..

I don't think this has anything to do with yin separating from yang, yin and yang are mutually interdependent energies and thus can never be separate. what you are experiencing is a deeper aspect of your being, as there are 3 interdependent levels: body, energy, and mind. when the body is asleep, you can experience the subtle energy body. this subtle energy body is comprised of 2 interdependent energies which Taoism calls yin and yang and Tibetans call lunar and solar energies. when they are in harmony then the body and mind are too in harmony.

what bonds the energy body to the physical body is interdependence. the physical body is dependent upon the subtle energy (prana, or qi, or lung). this subtle energy body is not an immortal body as it is dependent upon the karmas in the mindstream. the mindstream, once enlightened, can manifest infinite amounts of illusory bodies in any dimension or level but only when all ignorance and karmic habituation is cleared from mind. the purpose of this manifestation is compassion, but this 'purpose' isn't so much a purpose just like the sun doesn't have a purpose when it shines light. its in its nature to shine light, likewise a mindstream in its enlightened state has in its nature to shine compassion in every direction.

enlightenment is not achieved when the yin and yang energies are in harmony. this balance only provides a stepping stone to non-dual awareness. it takes work to have stable presence in primordial awareness.

Edited by mikaelz

Well, considering the words are from a Buddhist I must say that Mikaelz did an excellent job addressing your post.

Chi is the energy - Yin and Yang are the polarities of Chi. While you are alive Chi will never leave your body - Chi is what gives you life.

Yes, the conscious brain must be differientiated from the mind. The conscious brain is one of the components of mind.

If allowed to function naturally, the polarities of Chi (Yin and Yang) will constantly change trying to adjust to our environment. The less we consciously interfer with the functions of Chi the more in harmony we will be with our environment.

Yes, it is my opinion that harmony is more important than balance. Harmony allows us to experience our environment to the fullest as well as experiencing our emotions to the fullest thereby living our life to its fullest potential.

Be well!

Sign in to follow this