Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Cold Shower Breakthrough

While taking an outdoor, cold shower at my friend's cabin, I tried the "Campsuds" he had and it actually got me clean despite the cold water!!

He said that the brand is important, but that any outdoor, camping type store would have it. In the meantime, I grabbed a bottle of Joy from the kitchen and am using that. (I went through a phase where I just used Joy for body and hair for a year or two and it worked out fine.) It rinses fine too.

BTW, here's my pal's website: mattz.com far out, huh?

Campsuds is awesome, Yoda.

I've had bad psoriasis outbreaks in my younger years. Over time I've finely tuned what substances I can administer inside and out my body.

This is one of the soaps I've revered as non-allergenic!! Great stuff...

One of the things that keeps me from lookin' like a cherry with legs...

-Michelle

Mmmm. Dr. Bronner's!! I love it. Especially the almond soap. Lavender and mint are nice too.

I just scrub every inch of my body with a loofah after taking my warm shower and then follow by the coldest water I can stand. My acupuncturist made me do it, and he even gave it a cool name (qi gong bathing.) Said it'll help build wei chi.

How about washing away all the dirty, filthy energy first, with the cold shower, and then bathing in hot clean lifeforce (H20) so that you are not soaking with the filth?

I remember when starting on healing sounds and MCO the instructor told me NOT to do any practices while in water because you could suffer from all the negative/dirty energy that a person contains and you open yourself to a opposite, detrimental force. Then what I had decided for myself was to prove this statement wrong, of course. Gotta love that hardheaded, high strung student that thinks they know all!!! :lol:

Just some random thoughts popping up, have you played around with this idea at all??

May all curiosities be satisfied,

-M

At my brothers in Phoenix, he had a shower massager thingy and no... I didn't get around to cultivating with it (short visit after all) but I did discover that it is a great tool for cold shower therapy.

Like Master Ron mentioned and studies to back him up, if you plunge yer balls into cold water you'll generate a nice hormonal release. Cold showers get much of its power from this and using a massager head to focus the cold water on yer nuts seems to amplify this effect.

Water isn't that cold in Phoenix, so I'm imagining that this could be effective even in the summertime possibly.

Ron sits in a cold bath but I'm thinking that this could be a timesaver.

-Yoda

Hmmm... cold first, then hot. Interesting thought. I've heard it's even best to go back and forth a few times. I read somewhere that for treating depression people will alternate like 7 times and they swear by it. I don't think of taking the hot bath first as "sitting in filth" though because I super charge the water with positive intentions/qualities I want to absorb and it opens my pores up to having the impurities sucked out by the cold water. Something like that.

another benefit to having a hand held shower attachment is that I can introduce the cold water more slowly and with more control--helpful for the times I'm not fully in the mood. Or just hit the sexual center and call it good, etc.

Sign in to follow this