Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

The joy of shitting

Been reading Dan Reid's book which talks about squating as you shit. What do you all do for meditation during #2s?

I enjoy the squat-shit now, standing on the edge of the toilet. :lol:

Sorry for the grossness of this topic, but I felt someone had to bring it up! :lol:

Since you brought it up, I may as well ask a follow-up question. Does anybody know if there's any charts or articles or anything on what your shit says about your pattern of disharmony from a TCM perspective? I know there's info out there on it because every time I get acupuncture, they want to spend more time talking about my poop than about my feelings :rolleyes::lol: so I figure there's something to it. Anybody know?

From a TCM point of view one is usally after the spleen function... if it leaves marks (smears) it is a sign for spleen deficiency... which very likely most in modern society tend to have...

Harry

Good question.

Yeah 2 days might be bad? I wouldnt worry about it tho!?

That is awesome that you got that Dr. Wu stuff! How does the smoothies taste? My 3 horse power blender designed by NASA (got it for 250) should arrive any day now. I cant fucken wait!

There has to be more to it than that, though. They don't just ask about the texture of my poop. They want to know how often I poop, what color it is, whether there are bits of food in it, and on and on and on. I've never had anyone so interested in it before, not even the weirdo fetishists in college!

In herbalism, if you get a layer of grease on top of the water when you poop, you need to take yellow dock.

Lezlie and I have a friend that swears by squat shitting. He didn't talk about it until someone caught him doing it. He accidentally left the bathroom door unlocked and this girl walked in on him and was like WTF ARE YOU DOING? :lol:

Actually the 'herbal secret' to long hardiss smooth torpedoes that require little or no toilet paper is pretty simple. Its psyillium seed, the stuff thats in Metamusol. Because it tastes so so, I find its better to swallow it in tablets. They've available cheap and generic.

Take 5 for a day or 2 to see how you handle it, then a few days w/ 5 in the morning 5 at nite, take w/ lots of water. By the 4rth or 5th day wallah, toilet time is quick and output is amazing.

I find taking the capsules for about 5 days, makes for about 2 weeks of smooth sailing. The tablets also work well as an appetite suppressant. There are some more expensive fiber/colon tablets around that have some herbals in them. They're fine, but its the bulk psyillium that is the work horse.

Most people eat only a fraction of the recommended fiber we should.

Peace and poops

Michael

Lezlie and I have a friend that swears by squat shitting. He didn't talk about it until someone caught him doing it. He accidentally left the bathroom door unlocked and this girl walked in on him and was like WTF ARE YOU DOING?  :lol:

8704[/snapback]

Move to Japan and you will get to squat much more than you would otherwise. It took me a while to figure out how to use those toilets.

Be Genki,

Tenguzake

Move to Japan and you will get to squat much more than you would otherwise. It took me a while to figure out how to use those toilets.

Be Genki,

Tenguzake

8712[/snapback]

Yup,

That how its done in pakistan and india too. only the rich have toilet bowls (which is probably more a curse rather than a blessing for the rich :P:D

There has to be more to it than that, though. They don't just ask about the texture of my poop. They want to know how often I poop, what color it is, whether there are bits of food in it, and on and on and on. I've never had anyone so interested in it before, not even the weirdo fetishists in college!

In herbalism, if you get a layer of grease on top of the water when you poop, you need to take yellow dock.

8700[/snapback]

Well. I assume then that they have no clue of tongue or pulse diagnosis :lol::rolleyes:

Well. I assume then that they have no clue of tongue or pulse diagnosis :lol:  :rolleyes:

8716[/snapback]

Or its a lineage traditional diagnosis :D

They talk about poop, sleep, eating patterns, and then to tongue and pulse diagnosis, with a few seconds on asking me my predominant emotion. Oh yeah, they talk about urine sometimes, too.

I've heard a few contradictory variations on what kind of poo means what so i'm not sure how much stock i put in diagnosing with it... yet. When I had intense gallstones, what I passed was not the same color as it is now, and it floated, but i forget at the moment what the color difference was.

However, I will also vouch for the squatting method. If I'm constipated, it's much easier to go using that position.

Not everyone will have access to this, but coconut water (and fresh meat) is mildly laxative.

I have also noticed that improving the tone of my core and ab muscles (via Scott Sonnon's 'be breathed') has changed me me from a once a day (max) to almost always twice a day.

I am so utterly surprised that the SheepishLord has not commented on this.

Area of expertise, amoung others???

-M

Cheerios is the only food that you can clearly taste in your urine. By the way.

M- do you think Psyllium can help me lose 10-15lbs with no other diet change? I took the stuff before in order to deal with college chow and it worked fine. I was just a regular guy back then.

freeform, yo I got that blender last night! First thing I did was blend up an apple and it was awesome!

This morning I made a this crazy drink with beats, corn, lime, ginger root, apple, flax seed...followin the recipe for the brain power smoothie...it turned out to be tasting like shit! Oh well maybe I can make it a soup...gotta make soups with this baby and fruit smoothies as vegi smoothies are pretty nasty tasting? hahaha :lol:

I am so utterly surprised that the SheepishLord has not commented on this.

-M

8767[/snapback]

I too am astounded by the omission.

A year or two ago I was a bit concerned about my shit. It was just consistently, uh, "looser", than I'd had before. I went in for tests. They gave me what can only be described as 3 big plastic containers (the kind you'd put margarine in) and said "go home and fill these up". It was not a particularly fun process.

In any event the test came out fine in all counts. The doctors told me that people's shit comes in all different shapes, sizes, consistencies and regularities, and there is no real "proper" way to do it. I tend to believe them.

Regarding my own situation, I tend to eat a lot of fruit in the morning and I think this tends to make me rather loose througout the day. I would reccomend a big fruit shake (no dairy, soy, protein powder, etc., just fruit) every morning to anyone who wants to get regular and perhaps even loose weight.

Answer. Yoda- IMHO powdered psyillium seed will help you lose weight. Its near calorieless fiber that fills up your stomach. It'll make you more regular and help balance out blood sugar.

Q> If its so good helpful why aren't YOU thin.

A> Who said I'm not thin? Why I ought to..

Peas

Michael

P.S. as people have found its not the best tasting. So capsules may be the way to go.

PPS. Daniel Reids fasting program used a drink made of distilled water, psyillium seed(powdered), fresh lemon juice, maple syrup and hideous tasting bentonite clay. There are a couple of miracle fasting diets that use similar lemon drinks.

PPPS The 2 times I went on his fast I lost 8 to 11 pounds in 5 or 6 days. Ofcourse fasting is not the way to lose weight. Much of it is water loss. In the long run you'll never escape the basic axiom of eat less, exercise more, stare at the pee and drink up the sun :)

When I went to Okinawa, it seemed so modern a city that I never expected to see their version of a WC. I went to this upscale restaurant and this was the first time I ate outside the base. I had to go to the WC to do number 2 and I was trying to find the typical US version of a toilet! All I saw was nice clean porcelain ground level version of a toliet (unisex) that it took a little getting use to!

The stooping prevented you from bringing in your library to read, as it were!

All right, according to a new TCM book I have, roughly

runny, watery = internal cold

dry = internal heat

containing undigested food = excess earth

streaked with blood = internal heat

streaked with phlegm = internal heat

black = internal heat

colitis, intestinal spasms = excess metal

It had on its poop questionaire other options ("long and thin, light or yellowish, greenish and orange") that it didn't say, but I'll keep reading.

Sign in to follow this