magus

Solomon

Yeah, solomon, the guy who had all the demons in the jars and controlled them with special symbols which is where the greater and lesser keys of solomon are supposed to come from though, as has been stated, we don't know if he actually existed and if he actually used that stuff or if someone else during the middle ages just wrote it up and slapped his name on it thereby founding a lot of western magick and occultism.... hmm.....

That solomon?

hihihiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

:P

:lol: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

yee

:D

yee

I get high baby i get high yeeeeeeeeeeeeee hihihih iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihihihihihihihi

iiiiiiiha

yep yep yep lalallallallalallallalala :P

:blink:

:rolleyes:

iiiiiiiiiiiiihihihihiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

There's your explanation in hidden messages.

hugo, calm down. there is no evidence that solomon was ever an actual historical figure. but that's o.k....

and please, hugo, don't forget to take your meds...

First of all I'd like to say all the responses have been great! Curiously I was planning on introducing a similar subject to the forum maybe I still will:How would you compare and contrast the proverbs[parables] of Solomon with Buddha confus., or Lao zu? I use to compare them for depth of meaning,multilayeredness i.e. intellectual,social,emotional dimensions.I personally think Solomon's are incredibly penetrating,insightful, and he seems to arrive at a balance point between Aristotle/Buddha.

For example, vanity of vanity[in ancient hebrew emptyness] saith the preacher all is vanity!Everything passes away[dust in the wind] nothing hs any permanent meaning except duty to Yaweh.But he also observes the mathematics of social reality:''Be not overly righteous nor overly wicked for why should you die before your time?'' Be not overly righteous Gandi or Dr.Martin luther King[both assasinated] nor overly wicked warlords-Guy from Romania or other leaders killed by their populaces.''Here's another a rich man's wealth is his strong city but the destruction of the poor is their poverty'' Deep stuff.

Actually, there is historical evidence now for both King David and[and Hezekiah] Solomon,what's more I think some of it is extra biblical.Any copmparisons?, analysis?

Solomon was a very interesting figure.

He is the subject of much myth.

Are people here familiar with Gez Judaism? This is very close to the Hebrew tradition of Solomon, it is rather different than what is called Judaism now.

Hello

Josh Young

Yes he really is a so interesting figure, i must read more about him

Solomon was a very interesting figure.

He is the subject of much myth.

PS.1 What is Gez Judaism?

PS.2 I need to search a good Solomon book, maybe in spanish! Any recommendations in Spanish or English?

41Rsn-Do3tL._SL160_.jpg

Book of Kings and Chronicles, Ecleaseates,Book of Proverbs, but really absorbthe wisdom! ''In the a multitude of cousellors there is safety'' The wise scaleth the city and casteth down the confidence thereof'''' He that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast'' '' The hand of the dilligent shall bear rule''

ok but these books are in the Bible only right? :( i mean i don't want to buy all the Bible to just read these books! Can i buy only a book with only the books of Solomon or his words? You see i don't like the Bible, except the words of Solomon and the 4 Gospels and the Book of Revelation!

Regards and thanks for your words

:lol:bomm bommbomm bomm bomm bommbomm yep yep :lol:

You can downloa a free bible buddy program with all the texts.Then you can download free natural reader and have it recite Solomon's words from those texts only.

I don't know quite whether I am supposed to b taking this thread seriously or not, but I will operate as if I am.

If anyone else is interested in freemasonry, all of the rituals revolve around the legend and legacy of King Solomon and the building of his temple (which is, of course an allegory for the building of the inner spiritual temple, allowing the body to be come the tabernacle/housing for God).

It is very fascinating stuff, and I would be happy to talk more about it if anyone is curious. Despite what people say about Freemasonry's secrets, the only thing that we cannot share is the secret words and handshakes (and those can be found in two minutes with Google anyway!)

And as of this archeological find in 2008, we may just have some evidence that the biblical King Solomon may have existed. At the very least, the years seem to match up with the biblical references to the building of King Solomon's Mines. This of course says nothing about whether he wrote the songs attributed to him, let alone all the later apocryphal legends surrounding him.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...e-missions.html

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1504...-by-dating.html

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/10/28/solomon.mines/

Edited by Zhuo Ming-Dao

Gez (Ge'ez) Judaism is a form of Judaism that exists today that has it's source in times when Solomons temple had yet to be destroyed.

It is also known as Beta Israel.

Gez (Ge'ez) Judaism is a form of Judaism that exists today that has it's source in times when Solomons temple had yet to be destroyed.

It is also known as Beta Israel.

Fascinating! the Ethiopian Jews are called Beta Israel[some call them phenosh,but they don't like that term] and their rituals predate the talmud.Moses maried an Ethiopian.

If you examine the religious symbolism of Ge'ez Jews you will note vedic symbols that Buddhists often employ as well.

Their rites are also interestingly close to those of several Hindu religions.

I'd talk more about this, but I want to leave it for those who make more of an effort. There is no reason I can think of to share the details of this with those who will not consider it. No person who places value in their own preconceptions can open their mind.

If you examine the religious symbolism of Ge'ez Jews you will note vedic symbols that Buddhists often employ as well.

Their rites are also interestingly close to those of several Hindu religions.

I'd talk more about this, but I want to leave it for those who make more of an effort. There is no reason I can think of to share the details of this with those who will not consider it. No person who places value in their own preconceptions can open their mind.

According to the secret books of Enoch[my real forum name but I messed up the spelling!] the serpent landed in India.Hmmm...I wonder what that means.Wink,wink.

I wonder was Solomon happy?

Well, Solomon wrote[reportedly] ''He that increaseth in knowledge also increaseth in sorrow'' He had peace until he strayed from Yaweh when he as [his wives led him astray]old.In the muslim tradition this isn't accepted.Excessive wine ,women, and song will get you everytime.Happyness can depend on the timeline of his life.If a poor man becomes rich then loses it all was he a success? Is he a success? Just like O.J. Simpson or George Bush.I guess, like most things it depends on your point of view.