Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Ape

Chaos Magic

Anyone done any study into this, my wife was into it years ago said it lends from all and everything, anyone care to tell of any experiences?

Regards

Ape

Anyone done any study into this, my wife was into it years ago said it lends from all and everything, anyone care to tell of any experiences?

Regards

Ape

It's mostly about personal power and building a powerful magical ego that can utilize seemingly chaotic energies both within and without in order to get what one desires. It's neither bad nor good, here nor there, but it's not going liberate one from unconscious birth and death all on it's own.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

How I wish all understood that it is not every person's goal to "escape from a sorrow-filled samsara" and attain some sort of liberation from birth and death! Why do we need to apply this litmus test to every little thing?

Query: Any feedback on what happens with excessive farting?

Reply: Farting is good to release pent up emotions but it is a limited path and won't take you very far. It is good to spread some fragrance and may be even reduce the effects of global warming, but it won't liberate you from the labyrinth of birth and death. It just is not that subtle and it is not dependently originated. Also, the number of Realized Masters on this sonorous and fragrant path are close to nil compared to another complete path :lol::lol:

Edited by Siliconvalley1

A close friend of mine is very much into chaos magick.

If you like you can PM me and arrange to ask him more about it.

Sounds like one of them Secret Books thats actually a mirror.

B)

I remember having that metaphoric thought about my first spiritual readings as a kid. I felt... wow, I already know this, I'm just being reminded of it in a nice word format.

SSTT

Glad you got something from this thread looked like it was on its way out of topic, lmao as usual!!!

Ape

Ape, lmao.. Below the "perfect marriage" with it's ups & down. :lol:

She married him because he was such a "dominating man"' She divorced him because he was such a "domineering male."

He married her because she was so "fragile and petite"; He divorced her because she was so "weak and helpless."

She married him because he "danced so well"; She divorced him because "he never takes me dancing any more."

He married her because "she reminds me of my mother"' He divorced her because "she's getting more like her mother every day."

She married him because "he knows how to provide a good living"' She divorced him because "all he thinks about is business."

He married her because "we were childhood sweethearts"; He divorced her because "we were both just children when we got married.

The dynamics in this relationship is a parody of life. We observe, learn, adjust and adapt. Sometime we just have to appreciate the humor in these relationships :D ...however, I don't agree in hitting the *BEAR*.. definitely animal cruelty and/or spousal abuse ;)

The dynamics from the Tao of Pooh

With Pooh as our guide below - a Bear of little brain - we must realize that "[a] brain can do all kinds of things, but the things that it can do are not the most important things. Abstract cleverness of mind only separates the thinker from the world of reality" (153). "The masters of life know the Way, for they listen to the voice within them, the voice of wisdom and simplicity, the voice that reasons beyond Cleverness and knows beyond Knowledge" (154). Hoff ends the book by calling us to the Way of Pooh: "Within each of us there is an Owl, a Rabbit, an Eeyore, and a Pooh. For too long, we have chosen the way of Owl and Rabbit. Now, like Eeyore, we complain about the results. But that accomplishes nothing. If we are smart, we will choose the way of Pooh"

http://www.sstt-institute.org/

The dynamics from the Tao of Pooh :o

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFS_s0ZFe38&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFS_s0ZFe38&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFS_s0ZFe38&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hi Ape, I have some experience here. What do you want to know? P.M. if you want.

We can always do some stuff when I come up to visit...

Ego trip turns grown men into children. Fixating on drawing pictures of symbols and then imagining them while masturbating. It's very exestential.

Edited by Jumiem

Ego trip turns grown men into children. Fixating on drawing pictures of symbols and then imagining them while masturbating. It's very exestential.

You know Chaos magic well!

the trouble with cynicism is that it allows people to feel superior without ever having to do the work of the people they disparage. and misspelling 'existential' while trying to come off as superior is just plain unfortunate. but whatevs.

*shrugs*

Hi Seth,

Was interested in what its all about and if anyone has tried it and attained anything from it?!

Ape

yeah, if i recall correctly, seth and i have both travelled similar ground in the western esoteric traditions. and IM might be a good idea.

for me, the short(ish) answer would be: it's about dispensing with dogma & unnecessary reverence except when advantageous for a specific goal.

chaos magick was my answer to the dogmatism of the Crowleyite societies when i was younger. yeah, i was quite the joiner back then. i was able to produce very tangible results to my own satisfaction, and i wasn't very mentally or energetically developed at that time, but the approaches resonated so well with my sensibilities that it didn't take much to give them wings.

"nothing is true. everything is permissible."

but alas, it didn't free me from the cycle of rebirth and death.

:lol:

just kidding. ;)

given the amount of work you've put into your arts, surely you realize that the nature of the practitioner is more important than the specifics of the technique. philosophical types and intellectuals tend to do well with western esoterica because the brain candy is more emphasized than it is in the east. mystical kabalah is often referred to as the yoga of the west for this reason.

but yeah. iv'e done spell work and invoked & evoked beings that never really existed, and it was powerful. and even though i abandoned chaos and western magick more than 10 years ago, it has made a definite impact on my view of things, especially all the assumptions made about energy, otherworldly beings, and lineage. most of the time, they're trying to map a body of smoke.

that's what i think.

Edited by Hundun

Sign in to follow this