Sign in to follow this  
jsmith

Pain after Taoist seminal retention

Hi,

I've been an avid meditator for over 16 years and practice chi gong/tai chi and just started to get into the Taoist seminal retention practice again. I first tried this about 2 years ago. This time I get it. It's been an amazing practice. I can honestly say I have no desire to release in the traditional way any longer. The degree of love and care and true partnership that I've experienced is amazing.

There is energetic releases and soulfull oneness and this is the fullment to us.

However, in the past when I tried this I would get too much energy to the sexual organs and needed to release in the traditional way. Now I have the orbit open so that's no longer the problem.

My problem now is that I get an odd pain inside my perinium like I have to pee but if I do it's kind of painful but not painful more like a cramp of some sort. It feels like the pee and the seminal channels are confused and cramped?? I thought it was something trapped so I tried to release the traditional method and man that was challenging to do once the mind set is switched. I had to really focus and force it...NOT enjoyable at all. It was the oddest thing to keep having the energy cycle when that was not my intention!! lol (not sure how that will play out when we try to have a 2nd baby!!! lol)

My question is what is this cramping pain and is there something wrong??

Thanks

Yes, something is wrong. I would stop practicing that! Lightly massage the perineum for a few minutes while belly breathing, to help heal it. If you're having sex, focus on opening and surrendering instead of any forcing. Whether the semen goes in and up, or down and out, it doesn't matter, since you've already trained this for a good amount of time.

Just my opinion.

Hello :)

First of, it's great to hear about your experiences, seems like you're on to something good there.

Second, if you search thru this forum you'll find quite alot of negative statements and experiences regarding the sexual practices.

The first time I saw this I found it odd. Then annoying. Then amusing.

Consider the fact that I have the following background:

- learned it from an instructor

- used it with VERY good results

- have friends that do it with alot of positive feedback

I really don't know how people get problems with it.

I have some clues about it though:

1. Most of the practicioners are in a big hurry to master retention (Just pick up a book and start doing it)

2. They don't do their homework well (No further study on the implications of what they are doing)

3. They don't study the anatomy part of the problem (until it's too late)

4. They don't listen to the signs of the body (To them it's just a Mind over Matter thing, overly yang attitude. If the body does not comply, their logic says the problem is the technique. Actually it's the way it's applied - that's the problem)

5. They don't consider that Sexual Gongfu practice may be part of a larger system of practices that work best together (This idea is part of the sollution to your problem:) )

6. They don't stop to think that when you get involved in Taming the White Tiger, you need alot of patience, timing, empathy, feedback...

7. Accidents are part of the learning process. But to them accidents are reasons to skip and avoid the practice.

I'm aware this may sound a bit harsh. Sorry about that :)

L1

later edit:

Just want to add an obvious statement:

When it comes to giving or taking advice,

people listen to fear better than they listen to reason.

(So I guess I'll have to work better on that in the future. It's doing too good of a job, I see)

:)

Edited by Little1

Thanks for all the responses.

After reviewing what happened I think it was the non-completion of the energy sharing/exchange that led to the problem. My wife was not fully present so we stopped and just were with each other. I didn't think to circulate the energy within myself.

I also did recall that this type of pain/cramp feeling I did have after normal sex as well a few months back.

Thanks!

My suggestion: get it out in the natural way, get it all out, so much until you're dry and you can't possibly release anymore no matter what you or anyone else does.

Then drop the sexual practice and focus on other methods of relaxing the body and the mind. See how you feel. Find a teacher and don't even think about touching the sexual practices. Then, after a while, ask your teacher about sexual practices or find another teacher who knows them, and knows how to do them safely, if you really want to learn them.

it seems an inflammation in this area not necessarily because over ejaculation but because of the sexual energy stagnation due to retention practice:

abrasion.jpg

Sign in to follow this