Spirit Ape

Vegetarian diet and body building / hard training

I've been practicing vegetarianism in all its aspects for 10 years. First off, being vegan, trying a hard workout and having a job is not a good combination, because the body ends up consumed. In my experience ovolactovegetarianism is the best option in order to do so.

Egg and fresh cheese (cottage style) are the best proteins sources because they are used for muscle construction (about 90% of them), while, for example, red meat is only used in a 40% for so.

High protein diets tend to increase blood's acidity and to produce illnesses like gout.

There's another interesting diet (which you can combine with the veg one) called genotype diet. I've being trying it for some months with really good results.

Bye

While I understand perfectly the rationale for wanting to go vegetarian or even vegan(been there, done that!) I cannot help but see some of this stemming from a slightly irrational point-of-view.

While I do believe that the animals that people consume have a consciousness and an energy that must be celebrated and respected, I do not understand why most do not acknowledge a similar consciousness for the plants and vegetables that we also consume. I personally refuse to summarily draw a line in the sand and say that this type of life is more important than this type of life(at least as it relates to food-stufffs.). The plants breathe and relate to the world and each other. Just because we don't have the abilities, currently, to see that the same way we see that in the animal kingdom does not at all invalidate it.

As far as eating goes, I believe we should eat what our environment provides for us, seasonally wherever possible. We should only eat things that exist. Sorry no creatine for me. I prefer food. And definitely no soy, unless it is properly prepared with some type of ferment involved.

People need to just get better in tune with their bodies and know that we all have different needs and different ways of satisfying those needs from the foods that nature provides.

My personal dietary path has me looking for ways better regulate my internal economy in order to maximize what I consume and hopefully consume less.

I also think people need to look at if they are eating the correct foods at the correct times of day and in relation to their workouts.

While I understand perfectly the rationale for wanting to go vegetarian or even vegan(been there, done that!) I cannot help but see some of this stemming from a slightly irrational point-of-view.

While I do believe that the animals that people consume have a consciousness and an energy that must be celebrated and respected, I do not understand why most do not acknowledge a similar consciousness for the plants and vegetables that we also consume. I personally refuse to summarily draw a line in the sand and say that this type of life is more important than this type of life(at least as it relates to food-stufffs.). The plants breathe and relate to the world and each other. Just because we don't have the abilities, currently, to see that the same way we see that in the animal kingdom does not at all invalidate it.

As far as eating goes, I believe we should eat what our environment provides for us, seasonally wherever possible. We should only eat things that exist. Sorry no creatine for me. I prefer food. And definitely no soy, unless it is properly prepared with some type of ferment involved.

People need to just get better in tune with their bodies and know that we all have different needs and different ways of satisfying those needs from the foods that nature provides.

My personal dietary path has me looking for ways better regulate my internal economy in order to maximize what I consume and hopefully consume less.

I also think people need to look at if they are eating the correct foods at the correct times of day and in relation to their workouts.

Ryan, I whole heartedly agree. Personally I am not an ovolactovegan for ANY spiritual or ethical reasons. My body started having digestive problems (after going on a very high protein diet for weight lifting), and I never liked dairy products since I was born.

I don't denounce those who want to do it for spiritual or ethical reasons, I just want people to question if whether or not it's the right reason. Exactly like what you said "we all have different needs" -- and I stray away from any sort of supplement (creatine and the like).

You don't need multivitamins and all those supplements. The body will more easily assimilate nutrients in a nutrient-rich and varied diet, much more readily than adding a pill which is somewhat foreign to the body.

Anyway, for hard training the recipe is quite simple: A) Eat right -- give your body the resources to repair itself. B) Get enough rest -- this is when the body repairs itself.

If you do want extra protein, like others have said, consume plenty of nuts, beans, and lentils. I would stay away from soy, like Andrew said, which is not fermented.

btw Spirit Ape, if you are going the legume route for protein don't forget to add 'clean' sesames - balances the essential amino profile...

Edited by sasblamthanb

Of course ephedra aka ma huang is very powerful

and once again legal.

But the mainstream chain stores won't sell it because they don't want to be sued by rich parents whose kids took the stuff irresponsibly.Look online,ephedra can help you work out for hours,work full time,study for hours if in school, and still have energy left over.Many of my friends lost tons of weight through ephedra and cardio.

Hey there.

Where do you get your information about Ephedra being legal?

I am pretty sure you are mistaken.

Care to elaborate?

Craig

Hey there.

Care to elaborate?

Craig

The federal law,ban ,act[whatever] was repealed some time ago.A manager at Vitamin World told me individual states sometimes still respect the ban and it'll most likely take a company with deep pockets to petition for open selling. You can freely order ephedra on the internet.I have a bottle that I haven't used in three months right next to me.The selling of alkoloids[original product] is prohibitted but if you look around you can find that too.The reasoning being, I guess, people have been using it for thousands of years in Asia and Africa.Do you want my sources? Do you want my goodies? Do you want my candyman?

Yoga, a many thousand-years-old spiritual technique to join God, encourages a lactovegetarian diet in order to cleanse the body and the brain, and, thanks to that, to open up your subtle channels to join the upper realms.

That same idea is repeated in the Essene's Gospel rolls, related to the Christian religion.

I suppose all those old sages did know a healthy body is needed to achieve a physiological improvement that ultimately will lead to a spiritual enlightenment.

Ryan, I whole heartedly agree. Personally I am not an ovolactovegan for ANY spiritual or ethical reasons. My body started having digestive problems (after going on a very high protein diet for weight lifting), and I never liked dairy products since I was born.

I don't denounce those who want to do it for spiritual or ethical reasons, I just want people to question if whether or not it's the right reason. Exactly like what you said "we all have different needs" -- and I stray away from any sort of supplement (creatine and the like).

You don't need multivitamins and all those supplements. The body will more easily assimilate nutrients in a nutrient-rich and varied diet, much more readily than adding a pill which is somewhat foreign to the body.

Anyway, for hard training the recipe is quite simple: A) Eat right -- give your body the resources to repair itself. B) Get enough rest -- this is when the body repairs itself.

If you do want extra protein, like others have said, consume plenty of nuts, beans, and lentils. I would stay away from soy, like Andrew said, which is not fermented.

Thanks I beleive a good healthy non killing diet is half the battle for enlightenment, the rest is a strong body, mind and spirit through proper training, meditations, and energy work connecting with the elements.

Ape

Thanks I beleive a good healthy non killing diet is half the battle for enlightenment, the rest is a strong body, mind and spirit through proper training, meditations, and energy work connecting with the elements.

Ape

I decided to mention some other supplements you can research yourself:DHEA can increase testosterone and known for its anti-aging benefits.In fact it s banned by the N.C.C.A.Yohimbe works well with ephedra or as a stimulant,used in a lot of sexual formulas.Soy some don't like but some studies have shown soy can neutralize dht a leading cause of baldness!So watch the dhea! Biotin is good for the hair and skin.Co-enzyme Q 10 is great for energy and heart health.Royal jelly or honey is great for quick energy.Kareem Abdul Jabbar mentioned during the many hours filming the fight scences for game of death Bruce would open royal jelly honey containers and consume them.Always getting a quick burst! Don't forget brainwave entrainment beta and gamma style-they can impact upon the brain and nervous system causing vitality.To much can cause anxiety.

Hey there.

Care to elaborate?

Craig

Ma Huang is legally available from L. Ac.'s. However, most of the herb companies (Golden Flower, Kan etc.) have removed it from their patents, strangely even when it is the King herb....

Ape

I couldn't agree more with this point of view. Spot on.

I am not sure if you are in the USA (I'm not) but if you are, I would suggest getting this:

http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/nutiva-hemp...691ca1f991f32ab

Forget about whatever else is in protein powders (casein, egg whites, etc.)... this stuff is all you will need.

Also, as has been stated above, read The China Study.

I will tell you from first hand experience.... you will hear people shooting down veggie diets for your entire life, however, when it comes time for you to sit there in meditation and pull all of that shit out of your bone marrow.. you will realize why you went vegetarian. Oh it's still going to hurt, but you're going to see results a lot faster than many others will.

Only then will you truly realize why people who argue "if you can eat spinach, you can eat pigs because they are both 'alive'" totally have no idea what they are talking about.

But hey, don't take my word for it.... as with all things, investigate this for yourself.

Prove it to yourself.

Train like a mofo dude.

Cheers!

Guest winpro07

medium carbs before training and fast carbs after. Protein of any source at any other time of the day. just follow cravings apart from before and after meals

Eat jars full of peanutbutter .....no joke.

Honestly though on the idea of not liking to eat animals do you think if you were a bug the chicken would say hmm im not going to eat you. Or if you were a reed of grass the cow would say hmm no thanks.

I personally dont eat much meat only for the fact that I dont like the taste or texture more so but I still eat chicken mostly when I workout, I do avoid red meat for the most part I dont eat steaks or ribs or things like that but I do cook with ground beef on occasion.

Now I do not condone the way most animals are raised for human consumption. The fact of the matter is however humans were made to be omnivores.

In my honest opinion it isn't really following dharma to try to be or do something that is not intended for you.

With that being said I do understand the feeling you cultivate why should something else suffer just so I can benefit? It is just the natural state of being that you have been given as a human.

Maybe in some other life you can be an herbivore but until then I can only suggest doing what is intended.

Just my opinion.