Stigweard

**COMING SOON** New Online Taoist Learning Centre

This sounds like a true Labor of Love; I know it must have taken many hours to set this up. Cheers!

This sounds like a true Labor of Love; I know it must have taken many hours to set this up. Cheers!

:) Yup ... more like months LOL

Stig, how do you view your site? Particularly how do you balance it between religious & historic Taoism and the philosophical & alchemical Taoism that is (I think) more widely practice here?

Thanks

Michael

Stig, how do you view your site? Particularly how do you balance it between religious & historic Taoism and the philosophical & alchemical Taoism that is (I think) more widely practice here?

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

I suspect Stigweard must be working hard to reach the deadline. I think we'll find out soon enough the answer to those questions ;-).

Regards,

Pietro

OMG ... Only one day to go! :D

Thanks

Michael

Great questions Michael ... when you see my little contribution to the online world of Taoism keep in mind that it grew out of the TaoBums FAQ that I started. I was feeling hampered by the limitations of the BB code and the thought struck me, "Hey why don't I just set up a website that could run alongside TaoBums?" A kind of repository for the best online resources uncovered by the good folk here was what I initially had in mind.

It just grew in scope from there because I also agreed with a common sentiment of "Why don't we have our own Wiki for Taoism?" Sure Wikipedia is a great resource but it does have its limitations. Many entries are incomplete and some downright misleading. So hence the Wiki side of it was put in place (still a lot of work to do there ... have only got half the entries tidied up enough for this initial launch :unsure: ... any volunteers??? ;) )

"How do I balance it between religious & historic Taoism and the philosophical & alchemical Taoism that is more widely practice here?"

My study of Taoism integrates the religious, historic, philosophical and alchemical aspects as one ... each are interdependent with the others. As I have debated before, to isolate one from the others is to detract from the tradition to the point that you could barely call it Taoism anymore. I am sure you will see that reflected in the framework I have provided.

Hi Michael,

I suspect Stigweard must be working hard to reach the deadline. I think we'll find out soon enough the answer to those questions ;-).

Regards,

Pietro

Ahh but don't ya just love putting yourself on the line :D

Just mention Wiki every time you want Pietro to get out of the woodwork and he will be right there getting all wet and ready for some action. The word "TaoWiki" brings a lot of memories, right Pietro? ;)

It's 2 am here so it's already TODAY! :)

(3 am and look what googles :D )

Ohhh the beta lives and there is stuff EVERYWHERE!

Wow Stig...................... it's just breathtaking

_/\_

hi Stig,

i'm sure you need more than just a handful of applause, so here's what this tells me

i think you may need to gather a good team, that can always be possible with good motivation

- some to work on gathering the data

= text

= video

= picture

= events

- some to compile them

- and some to upload it

maybe even the design can be improved, to look more 'daoist', with more traditional chinese features

you may need someone with good Chinese language skills to surf the Chinese taoist forums for quality information

a book section would surely be in handy, with high reccomendations

if only my time was sufficient, i would have gladly helped, yet i think all can be possible, even with small 'labor force', in time...

best of luck

L1

I love the website and love what you are trying to do! Please, continue sharing this wonderful and valuable information with us.

Leon, why don't you register, and join the efforts on the wiki website? I am sure Stig will not mind, and the wiki would enjoy your efforts.

Leon, why don't you register, and join the efforts on the wiki website? I am sure Stig will not mind, and the wiki would enjoy your efforts.

Thank you for considering me!:) Well, I'm still a bit new to Tao. However, I'm reading more about it as I'm writing this. But... Okay, I will register, maybe I can post a few of my experiences and thoughts on it. Thanks! I appreciate it.:)