Sign in to follow this  
Butcho

From the Land of Oz

Oz. Downwind of Kansas where the Hillbilly's congregate.

I consider myself a philosophical Taoist, among other things.

The whole cannot be said.

Existence is organic.

In my opinion all of the great sages and mystics from every time and every place are pointing at the same moon.

The conditioned sense of self is a straw dog.

Existence is synergistic. There is more than one of us, but less than two. "From the first totality is a unitive one." Hui Neng.

We are each a part of that which has no parts.

It is yin/yang, not yin and yang.

Direct experience trumps indirect experience.

The level of awareness that creates a problem cannot solve it.

The breath is the master key to the gateless gate. To the Dark Path.

Wu-wei means unforced action.

Butcho :)

The breath is the master key to the gateless gate. To the Dark Path.

Wu-wei means unforced action.

dark path as in negative or unpaved? is there a contradiction between unforced action and mastering the breath?

welcome to taobums. :)

Desert Eagle,

Actually when I say Dark Path I am referring not to a negative path, the via negativa, but to the negative-negative path that leads to the Great Affirmation. The path Dogen speaks so eloquently to. A double negation is an affirmation. As such the Dark Path is neither dark nor light but both and more. Dark Path is just a name like Tao is just a name. Dark Illumination.

Another way to put it is there is emptiness, then there is Emptiness. The difference being Emptiness is empty even of emptiness. Emptiness is full of emptiness. Words pointing at that which is beyond words often seem contradictory to the rational processes of conditioned thinking.

In my opinion one does not master one's breath. One follows one's breath. One slows down and watches. The breath does all the mastering.

One cannot force the breath. Not for very long. When it is deep, from the heels, it is natural. Unforced, but deep. Most of us are shallow breathers. Babies are deep breathers. Babies and those that cultivate awareness of the natural breath breathe deeply.

Some people think wu-wei means non-action. I believe it means unforced action. Natural action. Spontaneous action. Action in accord with the way of the Tao. I do not believe all action is in accord with the Tao. One can go with the grain, or against it.

Thank you for the welcome.

magus,

$100,000 for an original copy of the Wizard of Oz is not in my budget at the moment. Can you say Powerball?

Have you read "The Zen of Oz" by Joey Green? Interesting little book. Can be had from Amazon for about $16. Ultimately Dorothy attains Satori, awakening, enlightenment. That sort of thing. When one lets go of one's conditioned thinking their brain, heart, courage, flow without restraint. Unforced. I had a conversation with Frank Baum's grandson, Roger Baum, a few years ago about "The Zen of Oz" and he was skeptical but admitted that there might be something to some of Green's extrapolations.

Though now past my second Saturn Return I like to think I am still young at heart.

Nice meeting you.

Sign in to follow this