billb

Hello

Hi there. My name is BillB and I am new to this forum. I am new to a lot of this stuff and my experience is mostly with energy work and also the 5 tibetans exercises. I have done a little work with Spring Forest and Peter Ragnar's magnetic Chi Kung. I would like to know why the 5 tibetans seem to have an impact almost immediately but not so with the chi kung exercises. Are they working on different things entirely? I am also currently working with Ratziel Bander's Hsin Tao and I like these exercises because the results are immediate for me and help with my arthritis while the other forms I have tried don't seem to work so quickly. I have some questions. I would like to know what anyone's opinion is of which microcosmic orbit method to use. Should I try Mantak Chia's or Michael Winn's. I know they are similar but Winn seems to think his method is better suited for westerner's. I would also like to know how long it should take to awaken this orbit with regular practice. Right now I can not feel my dan tien except occasionally for very brief periods. I would also like to know if Jing essence relates to sexual energy or bone marrow or both. Thanks, billb.

I would like to know what anyone's opinion is of which microcosmic orbit method to use. Should I try Mantak Chia's or Michael Winn's. I know they are similar but Winn seems to think his method is better suited for westerner's. I would also like to know how long it should take to awaken this orbit with regular practice. Right now I can not feel my dan tien except occasionally for very brief periods. I would also like to know if Jing essence relates to sexual energy or bone marrow or both. Thanks, billb.

8504[/snapback]

Hello Billb, welcome!

regarding Microcosmic Orbit:

I don't know how Winn teaches it, and and I'm also not quite up to date how Chia teaches it.

(does he still? I thought his beginners class is about invoking the Qi of Alpha Centaury and rapping it around your DNA or something :P)

What I could recommend is the book by Eric Yudelove. "100 days to better health, good sex and long life". Don't let yourself be confused by the extremly stupid booktitle, it's a handbook or tutorial about how to open your orbit in about 3 months time, taught in steps - detailed training instructions for every week. You learn a lot of other useful techniques (many out of the healing tao lore) alongside as well. A very balanced practice, you may give it a try!

Jing: according to TCM-theory there is the pre-heaven essence, post-heaven essence and (relating to both) the kindney-essence. The essence stored in the kidneys in the body relates mostly to sperm, bone marrow, brain, spine marrow. (This might not be true at all, just what I think I know).

Jing in spiritual practice still owns some deeper meaning i don't feel competent to explain

- M. Winn would be the right adress here i guess. -

Does this help a bit?

kind regards,

affenbrot

Welcome Bill! I think Affenbrot has helped with your questions more than I could. I am still just Taoist newborn. Nice to see you here though.

PS - I responded to your email and will drop PCK in the mail tommorow.

:)

Sean

Go for Yudelove's book. It seems like Chia's practices, but it is more! I have learned the Orbit by using every free minute to feel the warm current for some years. Yudelove's stuff rocks! I'm using it to ground my practice at the moment. It`s astonishing!