Sign in to follow this  
YouStink

Ok I want the truth

Ok so How many of you have gained special skills from your spiritual practice??

And most importantly can you prove it?

How?

And if not, why not? (could it be you re delusional?)

And for simpler effects like of greater health and vitality, what makes you think its really the spiritual at work and not just a more positive outlook and healthier lifestyle???

Be honest with me and yourself! :P

Hey YouStink,

I always been a hot tempered person (extreme yang as an acupuncurist would say) big ego included .. easily got in trouble. By doing regular emptiness meditation and following Chen Taiji lessons several times a week i lost most of this temper and developed a more stable and compassionate mind wich keeps relaxed in pressure situations.

There is no bigger skill i could of asked for.

I know this isnt the answer you want to hear though. You come here looking for siddhi's but i doubt you will find anyone wanting to testify.

A person wich would develop one of these, by accident or not, will not tell you about it as they transcended the materialistic mind always looking for more and heavier impulses to satisfy its neverending desire.

And for simpler effects like of greater health and vitality, what makes you think its really the spiritual at work and not just a more positive outlook and healthier lifestyle???

The simpler effects you talk about are actually the most powerfull ones. Why would anyone wonna fly or zap people with there eyes when you dont have the time or energy to live a full and healthy life ?

Kind regards, Mike

Student of Chen family Taijiquan.

Thats right Youstink, LOL

Ive said it heaps some want this QUICK QUICK path but this quick quick path cant even help them lose weight or rebuild there body, but let me guess these quick quick people will say its not about this life its about enlightenment and not the body...lol :D

All that matters Youstink is be content with your practice or move onto something else to you find it!

Ape

Hey YouStink,

I always been a hot tempered person (extreme yang as an acupuncurist would say) big ego included .. easily got in trouble. By doing regular emptiness meditation and following Chen Taiji lessons several times a week i lost most of this temper and developed a more stable and compassionate mind wich keeps relaxed in pressure situations.

There is no bigger skill i could of asked for.

I know this isnt the answer you want to hear though. You come here looking for siddhi's but i doubt you will find anyone wanting to testify.

A person wich would develop one of these, by accident or not, will not tell you about it as they transcended the materialistic mind always looking for more and heavier impulses to satisfy its neverending desire.

The simpler effects you talk about are actually the most powerfull ones. Why would anyone wonna fly or zap people with there eyes when you dont have the time or energy to live a full and healthy life ?

Kind regards, Mike

Student of Chen family Taijiquan.

Hey thanks for the reply, and like you guessed its not the exact kinda stuff I was looking for, but still counts of course.

This kinda stuff and the health side of things is important, I m not ignoring them in any way, what i have trouble with is when the effects are more on the super power side of things.

If anyone does have them I d just like them to show it, they dont have to say who they are, make a new account and tell me, post it on youtube without showing your face of the video.

I guess I m just asking them for a favour, some people ask how they can improve their meditation, I m asking for some affirmation on this type of thing.

I ve read kosta danaos books and the seventh sense, I have a genuine interest but sometimes, I can't help but not believe...

For an example, it is said in kostas books JC cannot be cut really by normal means, and yet whilst chopping a chopstick on video he cuts his finger (and hits alison between the eyes), how can this be? the most convincing video I had seen by that simple detail makes me sceptical

Ok. You want the truth, youstinck?

I have gained special skills from my practice.

1) I can fart beathovens 9th in its entirety.

2) I can change the channel on the tele through will power alone, DONT EVEN NEEED a remote control!!!

3) I can telepathically communicate with mosquitos, and give them third eye orgasms at a distance by simply looking at them.

Can I prove it? I can prove the first two. Many people have seen me perform these miraculous feets and will testify as to my mastery. -the third one is a little harder to prove, but why would I make the claim if it wasn't true???

As for those simple effects that you mention such as peace of mind, I think that the rumours we hear of these are mainly made up as a form of publicity. Piddling skills that have no use in the real world such as 'genuine happiness', don't really interest me.

I mean reeeeeaally!?! ...living longer, being stronger, having more focus and concentration, having next to no illness or disease, moving and living with ease and grace, feeling alive.... PAH!

I prefer to keep it real and concentrate on developing genuinely exciting powers. My next gaol is to meditate for 100 days in a cave, eating only toffee popcorn, in the hope of being able to drive my car using telekinesis.

Thats right Youstink, LOL

Ive said it heaps some want this QUICK QUICK path but this quick quick path cant even help them lose weight or rebuild there body, but let me guess these quick quick people will say its not about this life its about enlightenment and not the body...lol :D

All that matters Youstink is be content with your practice or move onto something else to you find it!

Ape

I stink?? wow man no need to be making personal attacks against me :lol:

I m perfectly fine with people being happy with their practice , great for them.

I m just looking for those "side effects" of practice should anyone have any

@ Teddy

I believe in your power #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXod1JglqdU PROOF it can possibly be done!

but the rest I m not so sure about O_o can you get me a vid of the mosquitos during orgasm?? :lol:

I believe in your power #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXod1JglqdU PROOF it can possibly be done!

but the rest I m not so sure about O_o can you get me a vid of the mosquitos during orgasm?? :lol:

hahahahahahahaha touche! He needs a bit more control of the Hui Yin point before he reaches my level of mastery. Anyway, in all seriousness... why does it matter whether 'the spiritual' as you call it is at work or not, if you get results?

hahahahahahahaha touche! He needs a bit more control of the Hui Yin point before he reaches my level of mastery. Anyway, in all seriousness... why does it matter whether 'the spiritual' as you call it is at work or not, if you get results?

I hope someday you ll share your powers with the world :lol:

And to me it matters because I m curious I guess, it would be good to have further understanding

We could say a plane can fly because the sky god allows it to do so since its shaped after the sky god himself, or because of lift or sufficient thrust and other forces acting on it.

With the sky god model we can do much more, but with the understanding of the forces at work we can improve on things, take it a step further.

If someone has abilities that cannot be explained by our current understanding of thing I wanna see it, I want it to be better understood.

I m just curious and looking for evidence of things i guess

One of my students in the very first class developed the power to walk into a wall. :lol:

What is a special power? Could it be that there is no such thing and that most of humanity is missing "powers" that are really natural aspects of who they really are?

One of my students in the very first class developed the power to walk into a wall. :lol:

What is a special power? Could it be that there is no such thing and that most of humanity is missing "powers" that are really natural aspects of who they really are?

with enough practice maybe they could develop the ability to run into walls :lol::D

Ok by special powers I m talking about things that your average person cannot do, and would have to see to believe. If its developed or missing doesnt matter to me, but if they re missing, why are they missing? and if someone out there has manage to find them again, can they show me their old newly found skills?

lets list few examples: telekinesis, pyrogenesis, electro genesis, telepathy, levitation, walk through walls, invisibility

How?

I think u r in the wrong forum buddy.

If u wanna c powers u gotta look for Mr. Verdessi !!! - that's a different forum http://foundation73.proboards.com/

Supposedely he has a whole bunch of achievements including skills involving his genitals (u never know u might like it....)

On our forum the highest we have achieved so far would be smth like this: One person stands without moving, with his forearm extended, while the initiated person concentrates hard and brings the entire power of the Universe into his palm and then ***WACK!!!*** slaps the victim's forearm and voila! all of a sudden a gorgeous red spot appears out of nowhere on the victim's previously white arm (I don't know what happens if the victim is a non caucasian race though...)

Now the above info si for reference only don't ever try to use it anywhere without permission 'cause smb might come looking for u ... :unsure:

I sorta have...nothing fancy though.

No.

How?

I tend to view it as me just being delusional, because it's a waste of time to focus on it.

But yeah, sometimes my dreams show something that happens in the future. Sometimes I can see a little bit with different parts of my body. And I tend to know a person's character and feelings just by looking at them for a second.

These are things that can't easily be proven...and I wouldn't be interested in trying. I'm too lazy. They aren't skills that I have, they just happen to me sometimes. If I tried I'd fail at it. Plus it's not a consistent thing, so even if it was proven once, that doesn't mean it'll work the next time...so who cares.

A healthier lifestyle is the biggest factor in greater health and vitality...I don't think the spiritual has much to do with it.

Be honest with me and yourself! tongue.gif

I tried.

I think u r in the wrong forum buddy.

If u wanna c powers u gotta look for Mr. Verdessi !!! - that's a different forum http://foundation73.proboards.com/

Supposedely he has a whole bunch of achievements including skills involving his genitals (u never know u might like it....)

On our forum the highest we have achieved so far would be smth like this: One person stands without moving, with his forearm extended, while the initiated person concentrates hard and brings the entire power of the Universe into his palm and then ***WACK!!!*** slaps the victim's forearm and voila! all of a sudden a gorgeous red spot appears out of nowhere on the victim's previously white arm (I don't know what happens if the victim is a non caucasian race though...)

Now the above info si for reference only don't ever try to use it anywhere without permission 'cause smb might come looking for u ... :unsure:

:lol: I ve read about verdessi here and there, and with the prices he charges you better gain powers out of this world!! he has power though, no ordinary man would be capable of setting prices that high and sell with so little public display of his skills

Where can I find the video of this man who is capable of making a persons skin go red after a stingy slap?? O_o

@ Scotty

Thanks for the honesty

Your perception powers, you think they re based on physical perceptions, like how the person looks at the time, or a more energetic-al type thing, like "that guy gives me a bad vibe" (even though he may be acting really nice)

I am curious about your seeing with different parts of the body though, what exactly happens, and how exactly do you see? (in colour, do you see lights and shadows? )

The Truth, you can't handle the truth!!

(sorry, someone had to say it)

The best of us here seem to have enlarged wisdom, compassion and a quiet mind. Seriously. No super powers.

Michael

How?

I have started to use my energy to heal others now.

For instance I am helping someone who had severe tissue damage from a car-crash over twenty years ago and I am helping them dissipate that blockage.

When I become more accomplished (hopefully) I will try to set up a practise and offer this gift to the general public.

Re: "greater health and vitality" - I don't think it is necessarily down to a positive outlook because I still struggle with negativity and cynicism when I am not practising, although when I am these thoughts dissapear.

I hope that makes sense? :huh:

The Truth, you can't handle the truth!!

(sorry, someone had to say it)

The best of us here seem to have enlarged wisdom, compassion and a quiet mind. Seriously. No super powers.

Michael

I want the truth, no matter what it does to me! :wacko::lol:

If only the whole world had those powers :D

And I know you re hiding your super powers from me! the whole world is! just show me already T__T

I have started to use my energy to heal others now.

For instance I am helping someone who had severe tissue damage from a car-crash over twenty years ago and I am helping them dissipate that blockage.

When I become more accomplished (hopefully) I will try to set up a practise and offer this gift to the general public.

Re: "greater health and vitality" - I don't think it is necessarily down to a positive outlook because I still struggle with negativity and cynicism when I am not practising, although when I am these thoughts dissapear.

I hope that makes sense? :huh:

Well I m not gonna ask for proof of that, cause it personal, but a before and after picture could be very interesting. Save this kinda stuff for when you're more accomplished :D

And I see what you mean I think :)

thanks

Your perception powers, you think they re based on physical perceptions, like how the person looks at the time, or a more energetic-al type thing, like "that guy gives me a bad vibe" (even though he may be acting really nice)

Mostly a bad vibe thing...however I think all cues come into play. The way people behave and carry themselves can reveal everything about them.

I am curious about your seeing with different parts of the body though, what exactly happens, and how exactly do you see? (in colour, do you see lights and shadows? )

It's just like sensation is opened up in the brain so that the inner eye ends up creating a picture of whatever it is. It's not accurate...but it can look like a dim picture of normal vision. Sometimes in meditation it'll happen, but it will seem like I'm looking out in a totally different room...don't know why that happens. You'd assume that it would be the same room.

So yeah not accurate...not impressive...just interesting.

Mostly a bad vibe thing...however I think all cues come into play. The way people behave and carry themselves can reveal everything about them.

It's just like sensation is opened up in the brain so that the inner eye ends up creating a picture of whatever it is. It's not accurate...but it can look like a dim picture of normal vision. Sometimes in meditation it'll happen, but it will seem like I'm looking out in a totally different room...don't know why that happens. You'd assume that it would be the same room.

So yeah not accurate...not impressive...just interesting.

I believe so too, have you ever been really wrong though about someone? like you met them and they turned out the opposite of what your initial perception of them was?

Have you hear of the Bronnikov Method? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWHcyWKGbAU ) Maybe you re going in that direction if the method is for real.

An interesting thought for me is whats your field of vision like? is it the same as when your eyes are open, can you like see whats behind you for example?

I think I understand what you are getting at you are looking for proof or validation.

Personally, I used to be a computer programmer when I was younger, and sometimes nothing truely prepares you for what you experience. For me, I began to notice that my awareness of people around me began to reopen up again when I was 16, as I began to actually feel and sense peoples feelings and actions and behaviour.

It began to bother me that my actions leading up to that point had been mechanical or robot like and that it seemed like most people go about their daily business in a mechanical fashion, totally oblivious of peoples feelings around them, their actions and such...

For me my abilities opened up without energetic work, though more opened up later.

Through that initial experience I met a person who seemed skilled but he was more skilled in ego, and manipulating spirits, which is why when I sense people like that it is a source of irritation for me. He passed on a few years after we met.

Since then I tried studying from books but because of the initial training which was all selfish/gratification based it did not allow some types of spiritual development. Such as, I had difficulty "listening". I saw everything that happened to me as something that people had sent out as intention or myself sending out intention which is not true.

I learned in my travels to most of the states, Canada and Brazil that there are many different and wonderful teachers with different vibrations based upon their types of training.

Unfortunately what is lost is a lot of experience in being exposed to these different types of energies and modalities and methods if one does not willingly venture to teachers who can expose you to these many strange and wonderous things. Can one true know and understand these things without being exposed beforehand? Yes but it is a rarity. I have been around gifted people most of my life -some of them I did not know until later. Could it have been that being around them reawakened my abilities? Could be.

As for understanding these types of things from the way that I understood things before... What I did not truely see physically, as opposed to what I had later called distortions, or could actually feel physically or smell and so on I did not consider real. Since most of these types of "extreme" experiences as I am encountering on the TaoBums is not common, I would have to say that without actutally learning from a teacher that is versed in the higher energies it would be hard to say that you could develop anything even if you practiced for several hours a day. The teacher would help you distinguish a sound from a sound you hear in your head and so on, and sensation like those.

Yes there are some people who become mentally ill due to their abilities. Sometimes they just absorb sick stuck energy and dont even know it. I have seen that too.

So I am hoping this answers some of your questions as how some of the fancy abilities that people sometimes develop come about. The catch is that you usually need someone to guide you, doesnt that make proof difficult?

This somehow reminds me of the Randi contest advertised some years back. haha.

I believe so too, have you ever been really wrong though about someone? like you met them and they turned out the opposite of what your initial perception of them was?

What's interesting is that my best friends in life have generally been the people who I think suck the most initially. :lol:

But for the most part, no...reading people is one thing that I'm pretty good at.

However, one time my sister was dating this guy...I didn't like him at all right away, but he acted nice so I forced myself to like him. Later on he ended up showing his bad side (not a good dude!)...so it turned out I was right. That was one time when I second guessed myself due to getting mixed signals.

Have you hear of the Bronnikov Method? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWHcyWKGbAU ) Maybe you re going in that direction if the method is for real.

Yes, I have...but I also heard that they tend to cheat when being tested, by using a special kind of mask.

By the way I'm not trying to make these things happen. I don't know their exact method, but I think the purpose is to develop this ability. The purpose for what I practice isn't this.

An interesting thought for me is whats your field of vision like? is it the same as when your eyes are open, can you like see whats behind you for example?

Sometimes it's as if seeing with the eyes open, yet not limited to body positioning, so theoretically if I could control it I could see behind me. Would it be accurate so that I could prove it? No clue...it doesn't seem accurate so far. And sometimes it's more 3-D and more of a feeling type of seeing.

What's interesting is that my best friends in life have generally been the people who I think suck the most initially. :lol:

But for the most part, no...reading people is one thing that I'm pretty good at.

However, one time my sister was dating this guy...I didn't like him at all right away, but he acted nice so I forced myself to like him. Later on he ended up showing his bad side (not a good dude!)...so it turned out I was right. That was one time when I second guessed myself due to getting mixed signals.

Yes, I have...but I also heard that they tend to cheat when being tested, by using a special kind of mask.

By the way I'm not trying to make these things happen. I don't know their exact method, but I think the purpose is to develop this ability. The purpose for what I practice isn't this.

Sometimes it's as if seeing with the eyes open, yet not limited to body positioning, so theoretically if I could control it I could see behind me. Would it be accurate so that I could prove it? No clue...it doesn't seem accurate so far. And sometimes it's more 3-D and more of a feeling type of seeing.

:lol: Maybe your best friends readings were so off the charts it was confused you

But overall I guess you have a pretty good track record

Yeah I ve heard and seen that too about bronnikov method, its like everytime you find something like that it doesnt take long to find something saying otherwise, so its not long before being disappointed :lol:

And I know, but its interesting, i mean could your practice be enhancing your abilities as a human being somehow?

And very interesting, next time it happens try looking behind you or through a wall or something if you can :D

I mean creatures that live in the dark caves of the world or in the depths of the ocean seem to get around somehow, and if we have evolved from the same stuff we may be able to touch on those abilities through meditation or something B)

@TheWhiteRabbit

Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts on the matter. Someday I do hope to go out there and find proof first hand myself, definitely want to see the shamans of the amazon, I just hope there are genuine ones left by the time I make it there...

As for Randi, I think hes a bit of an ass, but at the same time he has done us favours by exposing people like uri geller. Hes been clearly show I fraud, by my standards anyway, and sometime I still hear people from Coast to Coast am for example talk about him as if he really had powers, makes me sad cause I love the show...:(

Just to add if you read the Randi challange you have to do whatever it is you do (specify beforehand) under the situations and conditions they present.

So you could be in a room with people yelling and screaming or the like while you are trying to concentrate.

Tricky eh?

My, my, my...

The Buddha was badgered with questions on this subject. "Is there life after death? Can we acquire paranormal abilities? Do you have magic powers?" His response was always and unequivocally the same - "It's not important." It had nothing to do with the far more important task at hand, which was working out your own salvation.

I've been a student of Buddhism for over thirty years. I've been a louzy Buddhist for the same time, but I definitely define myself as leaning toward Taoism. It would be fun to go back to college and get a BA in Chinese religions. Taoism definitely seems to avail itself to folks who are in search of the miraculous, since so much of the teachings are shrouded in mystery and occult-like phenomena. THIS IS NOT THE POINT!

Author Meng Deng-Dao "Warrior/Scholar" and "365 Tao" says that the union of body and mind is as important to a spiritual life as the redemption of the soul is for Christians. If you did nothing more than go on that advice you'd have enough to keep you busy for the rest of your life, wihtout diverting yourself with chi tricks. Once the ego gets invested in the process, you've failed yourself, disparaged the teachings, and missed the point entirely.

Get strong. Get healthy. Be peaceful. Help others.

Edited by Blasto

How?

I have been on this "quest" for over 40 years, traveled far and wide for years, sought out "masters"...the whole nine yards (three meters, for my non-American friends :-))....this doesn't make me any different from everyone else....we're all searching and we've all got some type of "quest".....some just drop the naming of this and call it "life".....I love your energy, your desire and your forthrightness! ....Although I can attempt to embody, chew up and digest the lessons that I have learnt and I can share these, at times with family or students, the longer I live and evolve (not in any direction, lest you believe that there IS one that is best) i seem to feel deep down, that "everything is really ok"....The universe/Tao/me and you are just fine.....really.....it's ok to just.....rest....special powers, leaves, grass, cupcakes, are. ....not trying to be all "spooky" and "spiritual" on you.....just sharing.

I can't "give" this to you or prove this to you, but I do send my love and best wishes on your journey...really.

If I might, ask yourself.....Why?...what's the deeper reason to desire special powers or even to know if these "really" exist? .....how long has this desire been with you?

If I might, ask yourself.....Why?...what's the deeper reason to desire special powers or even to know if these "really" exist? .....how long has this desire been with you?

Since you are answering questions with questions I can answer with one question to you: Why not?

Do you have anything more interesting then that ? Let me know 'cause I'm curious.

I don't care about deep reasons for desires and I don't believe you looked in the right place either, there are people that died searching and there are people that found within months miraculous things...

Sign in to follow this