Sign in to follow this  
longrhythm

The strawberry on my cell phone.

After a 20/20 hindsight evaluation of a tough period of my life, and a subsequent review of NLP, I realized that the background on my phone said "patient focus" and that had contributed to my lack of social functioning and 3.9 GPA 45 classes and two years into Berklee. Recently the background on my phone has been a photo of a drawing I did, of the Taoist Koan,

Man on a vine hanging from a cliff,

Tigers above and below respectively past and future,

Mice gnawing at the vine above his hand showing the inevitability of the passage of time,

Man using free hand to pick a strawberry off the cliff.

Longevity practices to me are geared towards enjoying that strawberry as long as possible before the mice break the vine and my internal magnetism is called to task.

I wanna stay whole.

Brian

After a 20/20 hindsight evaluation of a tough period of my life, and a subsequent review of NLP, I realized that the background on my phone said "patient focus" and that had contributed to my lack of social functioning and 3.9 GPA 45 classes and two years into Berklee. Recently the background on my phone has been a photo of a drawing I did, of the Taoist Koan,

Man on a vine hanging from a cliff,

Tigers above and below respectively past and future,

Mice gnawing at the vine above his hand showing the inevitability of the passage of time,

Man using free hand to pick a strawberry off the cliff.

Longevity practices to me are geared towards enjoying that strawberry as long as possible before the mice break the vine and my internal magnetism is called to task.

I wanna stay whole.

Brian

Spit out the strawberry.

Listen for it to hit bottom.

Sign in to follow this