Sign in to follow this  
Albert

Connecting with my son

My son Jonathan is 14mths old and is a beautiful healthy boy. I would like to know if there are any meditation practices that i could practice to strengthen my connection to my son on an energetic level.

I have often felt it might be a powerful experience for me to meditate in his room whilst he is sleeping. Advice please :)

Don't do any powerful meditation near a child, their body might not be able to withstand the energy. Besides children have naturally high energy levels of their own. But their energy bodies are still delicate..

Just think loving thoughts about your son.. energy follows thought :)

I was just reflecting on this the other day...

Always place him as your first priority. Like if you're with your son and his cousin or something (when he is more grown up), always give things to your son first, or ask him to go with you somewhere first. Also, if you are giving something to your son for Christmas and he asks for something, get him that something even if it costs a bit too much...don't get him things he doesn't ask for. If he wants the bike, the bike is what he should have.

I know this sounds like spoiling your child, but I think the connection between father and son is very important spiritually, and you should treat him exactly like you'd want to be treated if you were in his shoes. When you don't, it creates a chasm in his mind that is hard to overcome...deep in his subconscious, it's as if his higher self denied him time and time again. But if you always treat him well, his soul will be more pure and truthfully he'll be closer to his own attainment.

Besides that...just you doing your own practices will strengthen the energetic connection. It doesn't have to be in the same room. Since he's your family and the closest part of you besides your own parents, the bond will be strong no matter what...plus then just being around you from day to day is enough to greatly influence him.

My son Jonathan is 14mths old and is a beautiful healthy boy. I would like to know if there are any meditation practices that i could practice to strengthen my connection to my son on an energetic level.

I have often felt it might be a powerful experience for me to meditate in his room whilst he is sleeping. Advice please :)

Hi Albert....

I think the most powerful practice any parent can utilize in respects to their children is the practice of acceptance. Any child who feels accepted by their parents no matter what will have a bond closer then you could ever hope for.

Love,

Carson :D

My son Jonathan is 14mths old and is a beautiful healthy boy.

Congratulations!

This isn't exactly a meditation, but you might play with his fingers and toes - each and every. Physiologically and psychologically, it starts building the pathways of awareness and dexterity. According to Chinese medicine, all the meridians go through there. So, you're helping to switch a lot on - in a balanced playful affectionate way.

Keith

I don't think there is anything better than simply spending time with him and really being with him when you are together. It is very easy to get side-tracked and distracted with other things.

Just be a good father - that's huge, more then many are able to do, maybe more then buddha himself.

You have to put yourself in his situation and imagine what would make a perfect dad for you then you'll understand what he needs.

At least that's my goal with my child and it works...

This isn't exactly a meditation, but you might play with his fingers and toes - each and every. Physiologically and psychologically, it starts building the pathways of awareness and dexterity. According to Chinese medicine, all the meridians go through there. So, you're helping to switch a lot on - in a balanced playful affectionate way.

This is good, adding funny sounds and facial expressions to it makes it even better :).

Michael

Some wise words have been spoken here. And I second them all.

To attempt to answer your question, I feel like I am imposing something on your relationship, so I will only share of my own experience.

Two instances or situations come to mind where a sense of profound connection happened.

First, during his first couple of years, as long as I had the time, I slept alonside my son during his midday nap.

As I laid there, embracing him, he drifted into sleep, and suddenly it was like the whole world was at peace. It really was profound, every time it happened. Like rest and peace entered the world, and I could percieve the energy as his Shen re-emerged with the great unknown. Almost like a drop of water enters the ocean.

Second, having a busy job and a stressful life, I often found myself as watching him from a distance. What really had an effect was when I spent a whole day outside in nature, or in the park, just carrying him around, letting him sit on my shoulders. Nothing more. At one point, his trust and unconditional love just entered into me from above as his tiny body rested on mine. It really was a tangible, concrete sensation. I remember the moment very vividly. It was definatley energetic.

But basically, just spend time, don't force. Follow. Follow. And listen...

h

Some wise words have been spoken here. And I second them all.

To attempt to answer your question, I feel like I am imposing something on your relationship, so I will only share of my own experience.

Two instances or situations come to mind where a sense of profound connection happened.

First, during his first couple of years, as long as I had the time, I slept alonside my son during his midday nap.

As I laid there, embracing him, he drifted into sleep, and suddenly it was like the whole world was at peace. It really was profound, every time it happened. Like rest and peace entered the world, and I could percieve the energy as his Shen re-emerged with the great unknown. Almost like a drop of water enters the ocean.

Second, having a busy job and a stressful life, I often found myself as watching him from a distance. What really had an effect was when I spent a whole day outside in nature, or in the park, just carrying him around, letting him sit on my shoulders. Nothing more. At one point, his trust and unconditional love just entered into me from above as his tiny body rested on mine. It really was a tangible, concrete sensation. I remember the moment very vividly. It was definatley energetic.

But basically, just spend time, don't force. Follow. Follow. And listen...

h

great suggestions there, thanks very much.

What you may find interesting (i wonder if this happened to you as well) is that my dreams have become much more vivid and significant since my son was born. I know when i am dreaming most of the time these days and i seem to be able to fly in almost all of them. The real change though is that the 'big' issues of my past are somewhat being resolved in my dreams now. And i cant help but think that there is a strong link to my son being born.

So in that sense i cant feel an energetic exchange going on. And sometimes we lock eyes and have a mini-staring contest in which results in a powerful feeling during and after.

i will remember to "just spend time, don't force. Follow. Follow. And listen..."

Sometimes a light massage and some hands on like reiki just to touch your son, I know tht I feel so connected when i lay next to him on the couch with a blanket and the smell of him, hearing him breath, i feel my sons energy on me.

Life is so prescious, isnt it?

Ape

Life is so prescious, isnt it?

Ape

That it is my friend :)

Edited by Albert

Sign in to follow this