Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Physical Immortality

Do you think physical immortality is attainable? With the advent of nanotechnology in our lifetimes, I think this is a very real possibility. However, of course, such technology has moral implications that could only (in my opinion) be solved by the laws of nature-the tao (is that not what solves everything?).

In theory, I suppose, this would lead to the "singularity" or universal "cosmic consciousness" and non-dual awareness?

Perhaps this is very out-there. I'm sure we can acheive this without technology at all, perhaps? But it is coming. Look at the rate of growth in microproccessor technology...is anyone else thinking about this?

There's a reference in the talmud to lifespan. It says that when God created man he created him with really long lifespan (like 800 years or so).

But after a while God realized that if you let human beings live that long, they never really accomplish anything because they're always thinking they have more time. Also, they don't really obey God's law because they always think they have more time to repent and/or fix the problem.

So He shortened our lifespan to its current limit.

Now we are aware of our death almost from the moment we become adults. We recoginze that our life is finite, fear its end, and are motivated to make the most of it.

Be careful what you wish for.

Sign in to follow this