portcraig

Spirit Fighting Martial Arts Los Angeles Classes

If anyone lives in the Los Angeles area and wants to learn Spirit Fighting martial arts (San Shen Tan Tien) please check the links below. This martial arts style is taught by Sifu Richard Hata and comes from the same lineage of masters that Max studied his martial arts with. This style of martial arts was originally used by Taoist monks who fought evil spirits. It also works extremely well against physical beings. Classes are held on Sunday mornings. There are three Tao Bums members who are students of Sifu Hata. Last time I invited anyone from Tao Bums to go see Sifu Hata and see if his energy was for real one person took me up on the offer. He has since become a student of Sifu Hata and is a now a believer.

http://www.sstt-institute.org/

http://www.youtube.com/user/SSTTInstitute

http://www.meetup.com/1-Taoist-Martial-Art...SanShenTanTien/

Edited by portcraig

Here is a little more information about spirit fighting martial arts. Sifu Hata is able with a fairly light tap to hit with the qualities of the different elements. For example with fire you will feel a burning when he hits. Often it feels like you are getting hit with a lead pipe and the blow is going down to the bone.

Here is a youtube video of Sifu Hata giving me a little hit on my arm. Go to 2:20 of the video. You can see my reaction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azeW5mOGR2A

Sifu Hata is able to transmit the energy to the students through hitting. That is what makes this martial art different. Over time you start to develop ability in this martial art as your body absorbs the energy. You will notice when you are doing drills that the elements start coming out in your hits. After I was there about three months fire energy really started coming out in my blows.

We start off learning the five element sets and then you learn the spirit fighting sets. They teach you how to fight spirits. Of course they can be used very well against physical persons but their orginal design was for the monks to fight negative spirits.

When you become a student of Sifu Hata you learn the system in the following manner.

1. Sifu Hands

2. Ten Weapons Hands

3. Five element forms - Wood, Metal, Fire, Water, Earth

4. Pa Kua Stepping Form

5. Three advanced Spirit Fighting Sets

Everyone is welcome to visit the classes.

http://www.meetup.com/1-Taoist-Martial-Art...SanShenTanTien/

Edited by portcraig

Thank you to both of you for joining the SSTT classes.

I had to work very hard to fine tune the SSTT classes to where anyone in any martial arts, meditation-healing, etc. could understand. SSTT has departed from the 'old school' of thought, "My Kung Fu is better than your Kung Fu". We are open to all martial artists, meditations, healers, etc.

In our SSTT Meetup, you'll see a wide range of martial artist and meditation practitioners from various styles from Praying Mantis, Shaolin Kung Fu, Kickboxing, Kunlun Nei Gung, etc. and SSTT.

When you come to class, the first thing you will notice is the respect that everyone has for each other including the different Sifus, Senseis, certified Instructors and students. This same respect is also given to any and all visiting Sifus, Senseis, Instructors and visitors so everyone feels welcomed.

Thank you to both of you for joining the SSTT classes.

I had to work very hard to fine tune the SSTT classes to where anyone in any martial arts, meditation-healing, etc. could understand. SSTT has departed from the 'old school' of thought, "My Kung Fu is better than your Kung Fu". We are open to all martial artists, meditations, healers, etc.

In our SSTT Meetup, you'll see a wide range of martial artist and meditation practitioners from various styles from Praying Mantis, Shaolin Kung Fu, Kickboxing, Kunlun Nei Gung, etc. and SSTT.

When you come to class, the first thing you will notice is the respect that everyone has for each other including the different Sifus, Senseis, certified Instructors and students. This same respect is also given to any and all visiting Sifus, Senseis, Instructors and visitors so everyone feels welcomed.

SSTINstitute

Good luck in expanding your art to whoever comes with a sincere heart.

M.D. aka 5Element Tao - Things have been chaotic and I hope we can still get together over a weekend this summer. I hope your lack of participation here on TTB reflects your busy-ness with teaching.

Craig (the other one, not PortCraig :-)

Hi craig,

yes very busy... Thanks for enquiring... Let me know when you want a seminar...

Mike

SSTINstitute

Good luck in expanding your art to whoever comes with a sincere heart.

M.D. aka 5Element Tao - Things have been chaotic and I hope we can still get together over a weekend this summer. I hope your lack of participation here on TTB reflects your busy-ness with teaching.

Craig (the other one, not PortCraig :-)

VCraigP, your identity has been verified. When you log in to the SSTT forum, you have access to all sections of the forum reserved for SSTT members and friends.

If you have any questions about a particular topic(s) that you see in our SSTT forum, please feel at ease to post your questions or comments. You may read my remarks about the type of behavior, ethical standards required of our SSTT instructors and students.

http://www.thetaobums.com/Insult-policy-reminder-t4237.html

Everyone on our forum is very kind, polite and respectful. SSTT has *ZERO* tolerance for rude, insulting people and the SSTT forum is heavily moderated so feel free to be yourself.

Edited by ssttinstitute

Hmm....

Tao Bums has an "Insult Policy Reminder" below..

http://www.thetaobums.com/Insult-policy-reminder-t4237.html

SSTT has an "'Insult' Ban Policy"! Anyone on the SSTT forum caught intentionally attacking another member does not get a reminder and will be banned immediately without notice.

There are always misunderstandings which are excusable where someone was hurt without intent. In these circumstances our moderators will issue a warning.

So yes, the SSTT Forum is strictly moderated. Like any forum you'll have your average hackers, bullies, spammers, etc. There are enough serious topics and fun topics on the SSTT forum. Members can share their personal feelings to be vulnerable when you access the "private section" of the forum. For this reason we do caution against abusive attacks by other members who "get off" on intimidating other people.

FYI: Other than a few spammers, everyone has behaved extremely well and I have never had to ban anyone on the SSTT Forum for verbally attacking another member. In fact I have NEVER had to issue a warning to any member on our forum.

Answer is 'YES' anyone can join our forum!

I did try and answer the Dynamic vs. Static Meditation question on the SSTT forum so you are welcome to join and voice your perspective. Please note: My answer is given in somewhat humorous perspective and there is no intent of insulting the 2 people trying to meditate on the SSTT forum. Each person or different groups may have their own preferred of meditation; however, you are more than welcome to visit our classes and share your experiences with us.

We have had world class fighters, sifus and senseis to peaceful Kunlun Nei Gung certified instructors join our class. At SSTT everyone is warmly welcomed and treated with respect. We look for what we have in common rather than trying to compare differences. In the end we have so much more in common when we mutually look for the good in people, so if you want to join our forum.. you are welcomed to join.

Edited by ssttinstitute

I don't know about you people, but when I start something or invite people somewhere I don't hit them with a giant warning as the first thing. I assume everyone is good-natured. A few people are boisterous and more playful than usual. I don't take this to mean hostile. A few people like to criticize everything, and I don't take this to be hostile either. A few people like to call others names, and I think those people are great for training patience and ultimately I don't think they are hostile either.

As long as people have a sense of measure, it's OK to do anything at all. It's OK to call someone names, it's OK to disrespect someone, to argue, to do whatever you want. It is playful and is the spice of life.

The only time I would rid myself of someone is if that someone had no sense of measure and was utterly obstinate and somehow managed to completely derail my intent. So far this hasn't happened. I've dealt with extremely irritating individuals on IRC and a few times I came close to wanting to quit or to seek a ban against someone, but I never reached that point and ultimately lived through the irritation to become a better (in my opinion) person.

If the first thing you do, when you invite a guest, is to give them a STERN WARNING like that straight in your face, that in itself is very rude!

Imagine this... Imagine I invite you to my house for tea. I smile but then my smile vanishes and I get a scowling face expression and then I say, "Oh, but if you dare come in without taking your shoes off, or if you piss on the floor in the bathroom, or if you try to steal anything from my house, or if you try to fondle my wife's boobs while I am not looking, I will kick you out without warning!" Then my smile returns and I say, "So feel free to be yourself now!". How does that feel? Imagine then 5 minutes later I say, "Oh but don't worry, no one has pissed on the floor so far, so you most likely have nothing to fear!" And how does that feel? I feel like before I even opened my mouth I am already a suspected criminal or something, eh? I don't feel free to be myself. I feel constricted. I also feel that people running the forum have no tolerance at all, which speaks extremely poorly of their spiritual training.

Edited by goldisheavy

It's not any of my business since this topic is about Spirit Fighting, but I think it's okay that others make rules about how to behave.

Insulting others is a big waste of time, for multiple reasons. If you can't hold back the insults, then it's just a fact of life that you may not be accepted at certain places.

In my view, it says something good about a person's spiritual training, when they feel it is necessary to enforce rules that help others be themselves (not worry about being insulted for saying something from their heart).

It's not any of my business since this topic is about Spirit Fighting, but I think it's okay that others make rules about how to behave.

Insulting others is a big waste of time, for multiple reasons. If you can't hold back the insults, then it's just a fact of life that you may not be accepted at certain places.

In my view, it says something good about a person's spiritual training, when they feel it is necessary to enforce rules that help others be themselves (not worry about being insulted for saying something from their heart).

I agree with Scotty because real martial arts is dangerous and lethal. For those of you who train with firearms at any indoor firing range.. first thing you see is that the range master has a holstered loaded pistol. They ask for your for I.D. and hold it until you leave, they make you read rules, regulations and sign that you understand.

One time I brought my own ammo and forgot it was "magnum high velocity" rounds. I fired 2 rounds that made eveyone else sound like they were shooting BB guns. I followed all safety protocols of firearms safety; however, the range master went on the PA system and ordered everyone to stop firing because 1 person was firing 'magnum high velocity'. Everyone was ordered to stop. It was my mistake as this was not listed on the 'rules of the range' so I was given a warning. Those who are unsafe with firearms on any firing range whether private, law enforcement, military are given strict rules and guideline. The range masters are not rude dictators, nor are they there to intimidate and humiliate others on the range. Their purpose is to insure the safety for everyone on the firing range.

There are strict laws in the U.S. against murder and rape; so unless a person is a murderer or rapist, these laws are not something the average law abiding persons even thinks about. Similar with SSTT, the guidelines are very articulate for safety and liability. If you have the opportunity to visit our classes, you already know what to expect. No one is going to harass you, you will not be bullied, intimidated or challenged.

In this day of technology where cameras are on cell phones and everybody has one, digital camera can record sound/videos and still pictures. The legal implications for any martial arts school including SSTT can be detrimental to heavy financial liabilities so we do not allow people to act recklessly from a financial and criminal standpoint.

Because we have these strict guidelines, everyone knows what to expect. We have never had an incident in an SSTT class to where we have had to expel a student or instructor.

Please Note: Because we have active public and private law enforcement personnel as students, this is a "double edged sword". We can arrest anyone who is out of line; however, if SSTT members are out of line then these trained law enforcement officers can easily arrest, detain and testify against students and/or instructors in SSTT. The Sheriffs(LASD) division is across the street from where we practice. Acting crazy or reckless in an SSTT class is just a bad idea that can ruin anyone's day.

It is better that potential students adhere to SSTT guidelines if for anything, but common sense. Our class rates are less expensive then posting bail and no one has to spend time behind bars.

SSTT instructors, students and visiting instructors already hold themselves to a high standard so we never think about the 'strict rules' because no one has violated the rules. SSTT will deal with the criminal element if and when the occasion arises, but it is not something we dwell on.

Simply speaking SSTT instructors and students don't go out starting trouble intimidating others, we have enough confidence where other people don't intimate us. The rules and guidelines only apply to those who intend to break them.

Come and experience an SSTT class because we just focus on training and everyone gets along.

Edited by ssttinstitute

There is a commonly voiced complaint about an FBI warning on many DVDs. Why do people complain? Because they are flashed a warning against all kinds of illegal behavior when they watch a DVD. They paid for the DVD and they have no intention of doing anything illegal, and yet there is this obnoxious and nasty warning that you cannot skip or fast forward. So people feel like they are treated as potential criminals, even those that have no intention of breaking any rules.

So this thing I am discussing is not something I just made up. It's a subtle law of behavior. You don't warn your guests, even if you mean to keep your home in order. Even though I mean to keep my home safe, I don't install a metal detector in my door, because that would put people off and it would also showcase my own insecurity and my own opinion that a metal detector is necessary to stay safe where I live.

This is the last time I will mention this. If you refuse to understand the subtle psychodynamics inherent in blanket warnings, that's your choice. I've done my part. I've alerted you to what can be perceived as a rude and unwarranted behavior on behalf of a host (being a bad host). If you choose not to see issuing all your guests a blanket, loud, and excessive warning as a problem, that's your right and the consequences of that choice will be yours as well.

Also, imagine a martial artist who can only sleep in posh beds costing 10,000 dollars or more? Why kind of coddled martial artist is that? At the same time, if you argue this is for the students, then I will say that those students who expect to be coddled should not study martial arts. I wonder what kind of bed spreads they install in Tibetan caves there for yogis.

Edited by goldisheavy

A good point was made, because martial arts has changed so much from it's orginal purpose and intent.

Presently the major changes are that some people when they go to a martial arts school want to feel as if they are invited to a "home" as previously mentioned. They don't want rules because they don't need rules and regulations because for the most part everything is very sedate. Whether you are a minor or an adult, you will feel like you're at "home". SSTT does have a program to fit these needs. Some people don't want the pressure and coming to SSTT classes is a means to relax after a difficult work week. This is the SSTT students class. You are not required to memorize sets/katas, drills, etc. If you fall under this category, we will make sure you are in a safe environment and in many ways pampered. It will feel more like a Tai Chi/Yoga class, it is very peaceful. Again please visit us as we do have students who fall into this category. They are respected just as much as those going through a more disciplined way of training. I want to actually thank those for the comments who believe that a martial arts dojo should feel you are at another person's "home". Much of the classes will cover different forms of healing and meditation. A peaceful student paying who want to relax and practice SSTT, Praying Mantis, Kunlun, Shaolin Kung Fu should not have to be intimidated by rules that don't apply to them. The peaceful Kunlun instructors who visited SSTT have no idea SSTT rules even exist because it doesn't apply to them! SSTT has always welcomed the peaceful Kunlun students and instructors who have attended SSTT.

The next level is the Instructor Candidates(IC) class. It's more rigid and more focused. Some aspects of class are where students and ICs can participate together as they are required to undergo a background check cleared by the Department of Justice(DOJ). There are no refunds for those who fail their background checks. If you believe that you cannot pass a background check issued by the Department of Justice, SSTT will not force you to undergo this training. This training is available for qualified SSTT students and ICs. You may ask questions about this program when you come to class; however, details of this class will not be discussed on TaoBums. Some of the training that SSTT students undergo require a higher level of integrity and a higher level of restraint so these rules are applicable.

If a person is working at McDonalds or Burgur King, one will have to go through a written and training evaluation period. For a person who wants to work law enforcement they must go through written tests, medical testing, drug testing, PFT(physical fitness test), clear a Psychological test, clear a Polygraph test, clear a Psychological interview, undergo a very invasive background check, attend an academy where you will be harassed.. must pass academics, physical fitness, basic firearms, etc. etc. Gaining a military clearance one will also go through similar yet different challenges. Even if someone graduates from the academy or get their military clearance; a top qualified manager with McDonalds or Burger King could make more money, so it's not about the money. It's about the type of job a person is willing to commit.

Instructors at SSTT are held to a higher standard and in this way the ICs are pushed to different limits than other martial arts schools. They don't mind a more discipline environment. This may be the reason why we have attracted law enforcement, ex-law enforcement, military, ex-military, military contractors and others to our Meetups for people who have this frame of mind. It's just a different way of training that requires discipline and self-restraint.

We do cater to those who have no interest in martial arts and enjoy the healing meditation aspects of training. They don't want rules and regulations because they have no intention of causing trouble or disrupting class. They don't want to undergo a background check to have a file with the Department of Justice. We eagerly welcome these students and are given the same respect as our ICs. They do not undergo the challenges of the ICs so the strict rules and guidelines do not apply to them.

We cater to both groups interested in SSTT. Everyone is welcomed!

goldisheavy said:

.ething I just made up. It's a subtle law of behavior. You don't warn .

Edited by darebak

How many of you have seen or know of someone that was possessed?

I don't know anyone. However, that movie Emily Rose movie was quite interesting. I think it's possible, I suppose. Not sure though. I would like to learn more about it. Any good sites/books to learn more about this?

I just saw that Spirit Ape brought up the topic above and I responded to his post below.

http://www.thetaobums.com/Possession-t10602.html

The story of from the movie Emily Rose was based on the true life story Anneliese Michel. There are many more modern day Anneliese Michel in the link that I posted to Spirt Ape's topic of possession. As was posted that I always work together with a medical professional to make sure a person does not have pre-existing medical conditions. Once it is established that pre-existing medical conditions do not apply. Someone who is possessed, then can begin the actual process of 'Spirit Fighting'. Those who are already in this class don't have to worry about this, once they are proficient.

Spirit Fighting is not for everyone as it is not recognized by modern medical science. Anneliese Michel went through the proper channels and did seek medical professional help by the age of 16 as she became progressively worse and lived a very tortured life until she died at the age of age 23. The Spirit Fight martial arts, much like the 'burning palm' is built into SSTT.

http://www.sstt-institute.org/classes.html

SSTT knows of cases similar to Anneliese Michel, except these people were taught to fight back and they did reclaim their lives from living in a state of being attacked. Anneliese Michel was never taught how to fight off Spirit attacks. We do have members on our forum undergoing spiritual attacks as I write this post. Those who joined SSTT and have fought back have reclaimed their lives.

I just saw that Spirit Ape brought up the topic above and I responded to his post below.

The story of from the movie Emily Rose was based on the true life story Anneliese Michel. There are many more modern day Anneliese Michel in the link that I posted to Spirt Ape's topic of possession. As was posted that I always work together with a medical professional to make sure a person does not have pre-existing medical conditions. Once it is established that pre-existing medical conditions do not apply. Someone who is possessed, then can begin the actual process of 'Spirit Fighting'. Those who are already in this class don't have to worry about this, once they are proficient.

Spirit Fighting is not for everyone as it is not recognized by modern medical science. Anneliese Michel went through the proper channels and did seek medical professional help by the age of 16 as she became progressively worse and lived a very tortured life until she died at the age of age 23. The Spirit Fight martial arts, much like the 'burning palm' is built into SSTT.

SSTT knows of cases similar to Anneliese Michel, except these people were taught to fight back and they did reclaim their lives from living in a state of being attacked. Anneliese Michel was never taught how to fight off Spirit attacks. We do have members on our forum undergoing spiritual attacks as I write this post. Those who joined SSTT and have fought back have reclaimed their lives.

I have a friend who is going through some very complicated problems with spirits. Spirit fighting is the title, I suppose the healing and energy cultivation that is taught would allow for someone to percieve the threat and take care of it, this is very interesting with me. I need to raise my ability to deal with such things, for myself and a few others. My vision/3rd eye viewing isn't up to the level I would like it to be, and I need to work on my sensing , I also need to cultivate the abiltity to percieve higher dimensions so I can unf*k a few things in my friend specificly.( I have been attacked before it is not nice)

(one small example:)Never been possessed, but have been fucked with by something just before a run. I couldn't run, I just lost all willpower at the time and had to walk the 7 seven miles, was also bombarded with all sorts of self hurting thoughts. I coulnd't even pull my awareness out enough to find and deal with the issue, I had to call in a friend.

My own experience in dealing with these things is limited. In most cases it is like a mass of smaller creatures starts leaching off of someone, and they seem to be connected in networks. Even just attacks - distantly - human to human are terrible, and have spoken to one woman who went through it.

The smarter astral creatures or whatver they are called are even worse, they leave small 'device-like' objects in people. It is a mess. (Not to say that humans don't do that too)

At first, before someone compleletly develops the insight and wisdom to take care of these things on their own, do any of the SST instructors mind helping out in some cases?

On another not-so-related note. I've heard that self-cultivation to "high" levels is enough to keep this sort of stuff from happening to yourself, period. -Anyone here vouch for that?

I have a friend who is going through some very complicated problems with spirits. Spirit fighting is the title, I suppose the healing and energy cultivation that is taught would allow for someone to percieve the threat and take care of it, this is very interesting with me. I need to raise my ability to deal with such things, for myself and a few others. My vision/3rd eye viewing isn't up to the level I would like it to be, and I need to work on my sensing , I also need to cultivate the abiltity to percieve higher dimensions so I can unf*k a few things in my friend specificly.( I have been attacked before it is not nice)

(one small example:)Never been possessed, but have been fucked with by something just before a run. I couldn't run, I just lost all willpower at the time and had to walk the 7 seven miles, was also bombarded with all sorts of self hurting thoughts. I coulnd't even pull my awareness out enough to find and deal with the issue, I had to call in a friend.

My own experience in dealing with these things is limited. In most cases it is like a mass of smaller creatures starts leaching off of someone, and they seem to be connected in networks. Even just attacks - distantly - human to human are terrible, and have spoken to one woman who went through it.

The smarter astral creatures or whatver they are called are even worse, they leave small 'device-like' objects in people. It is a mess. (Not to say that humans don't do that too)

At first, before someone compleletly develops the insight and wisdom to take care of these things on their own, do any of the SST instructors mind helping out in some cases?

On another not-so-related note. I've heard that self-cultivation to "high" levels is enough to keep this sort of stuff from happening to yourself, period. -Anyone here vouch for that?

Mokona, I posted some of the answers to your questions on Ape's thread on "Possession".

I know exactly what you are talking about so between Ape's post and what we've been discussing no one is laughing because it's not funny. Especially if you've been under attack.

When you ask, On another not-so-related note. I've heard that self-cultivation to "high" levels is enough to keep this sort of stuff from happening to yourself, period. -Anyone here vouch for that?

Yes, I can vouch for SSTT in being able to rid yourself of curses, entities, black magic or whatever name it goes by. To clarify SSTT can perform exorcisms, but the main purpose of SSTT is that it reverses the 'Curse/Black Magic' back onto the person or entity that initiated the 'Curse'. It's sad as sometimes we feel sorry for our enemies because the 'Curse' they send will reverse back on them without you being conscious that they were ever trying to do you harm.

I'll use the term SSTT monks, not because we want to be monks. Rather the ill will pushed upon the SSTT Sifus severely incapacitates those who wish us harm. We may separate ourselves from society for even a short time, so our enemies will not feel the pain that they have inflicted upon themselves.

It's like shining a bright light into a mirror, they think they are blinding you; however, they are only blinding themselves. The more light or darkness(negativity) they focus on the mirror only focuses more light or darkness(negativity) upon themselves. It is a strange concept, but I did not create this concept nor the root base of SSTT. SSTT will run on 'auto-pilot' regarding these matters so it is not something you will be conscious of.

Please feel free to join us as our ICs(instructor candidates) are going through this type of training you are talking about. We do not have our SSTT regular students undergo this type of training; however, you are more than welcome to visit us.

If you are visit us for the first time, we are very friendly. Some of the 'warning stickers' are on SSTT only if we see others being a harm to others or a harm to themselves. If you don't fall into this category then they don't apply to you, you don't have to bring a medical report. Only police and mental health care worker make this a full time job. B)

Interal arts of any kind can be alot of fun, I'll be in the Port Hueneme area of Cali in August/Sept, I'll see if I can manage the drive to train and back.

Mokona, Port Hueneme is not that far. You're at or near the Navy base. Just sign-up for the class you want to attend. We will be switching locations so the link below is the best way to keep track of the lastest news.

What happens when your Sifu doesnt get the first punch?

I guess a better way to put it would be like this.

Let's say that your Sifu gets jumped in an alley, theater, etc. The attacker is a fairly good sized guy with a heavy hand, say like the KO power of a young Tyson, what happens when the attacker's fist connects with your Sifu's jaw or temple? Or if instead of a fist it's a pipe, knife, brick, etc? Is there any defensive power in the system? I'm not talking about reaction time but actual defensive power, chi, etc?

Good question because the real SSTT looks even less aggressive than the SSTT YouTube. As I invited Mokona to visit us, you are welcome to visit us as this is the first question that usually comes up when people see us.

We have no defense because our defense is our OFFENSE and our offense is our OFFENSE. When you see what we do it doesn't look like anything which is deceptive. My sifu turning 66yrs hits like he was in his 40's. FYI: His real internal strength exploded in his 40s, so in all probability in his 20's-30's a young "Mike Tyson" may have easily taken him out even without using a pipe, knife, brick, etc. At age 40 something happened to his energy balance which changed him completely. So his reaction time is definitely better in his 40's-60's while his defensive and offensive power as mentioned above would destroy anything close or far above a young "Mike Tyson" even with a pipe, knife, brick, *Even without the better reaction time*, etc.

SSTT is strange in that it gets better with age if practiced properly. I reached the peak of my physical strength 20 yrs ago pushing myself in a purely physical art of karate(Old School). Those martial artist who reached my skill level above, below or equal; practiced as hard as I did --Today they are mostly cripples with severe joint, bone and muscle pains. If I had remained in any 'hard physical style' whether karate, kung fu, etc. I would also be a cripple. I can control my internal energy; however, my external physical strength is not as it was 20 or 30yrs ago. A fact of life, the older the person after 35+, the more muscle atrophy. Since I am in control of my internal strength, I am NOT tempted to take steroids as some younger or my age may try to use to maintain or increase muscle strength to a level they had many year ago :blink:

If "Mike Tyson" were to switch to SSTT and get away from the physical aspects of boxing and switch to SSTT an internal style to rebuild his joints, flexibility, muscles, body, spirit; Mike Tyson would have the ability in his older age to overcome the "young Mike Tyson".

You are welcome to come to an SSTT class. You can PM, portcraig or growant --or post to the thread below and they will be happy to explain what they expected was unexpected :D

Mokona, Port Hueneme is not that far. You're at or near the Navy base. Just sign-up for the class you want to attend. We will be switching locations so the link below is the best way to keep track of the lastest news.

Good question because the real SSTT looks even less aggressive than the SSTT YouTube. As I invited Mokona to visit us, you are welcome to visit us as this is the first question that usually comes up when people see us.

We have no defense because our defense is our OFFENSE and our offense is our OFFENSE. When you see what we do it doesn't look like anything which is deceptive. My sifu turning 66yrs hits like he was in his 40's. FYI: His real internal strength exploded in his 40s, so in all probability in his 20's-30's a young "Mike Tyson" may have easily taken him out even without using a pipe, knife, brick, etc. At age 40 something happened to his energy balance which changed him completely. So his reaction time is definitely better in his 40's-60's while his defensive and offensive power as mentioned above would destroy anything close or far above a young "Mike Tyson" even with a pipe, knife, brick, *Even without the better reaction time*, etc.

SSTT is strange in that it gets better with age if practiced properly. I reached the peak of my physical strength 20 yrs ago pushing myself in a purely physical art of karate(Old School). Those martial artist who reached my skill level above, below or equal; practiced as hard as I did --Today they are mostly cripples with severe joint, bone and muscle pains. If I had remained in any 'hard physical style' whether karate, kung fu, etc. I would also be a cripple. I can control my internal energy; however, my external physical strength is not as it was 20 or 30yrs ago. A fact of life, the older the person after 35+, the more muscle atrophy. Since I am in control of my internal strength, I am NOT tempted to take steroids as some younger or my age may try to use to maintain or increase muscle strength to a level they had many year ago :blink:

If "Mike Tyson" were to switch to SSTT and get away from the physical aspects of boxing and switch to SSTT an internal style to rebuild his joints, flexibility, muscles, body, spirit; Mike Tyson would have the ability in his older age to overcome the "young Mike Tyson".

You are welcome to come to an SSTT class. You can PM, portcraig or growant --or post to the thread below and they will be happy to explain what they expected was unexpected :D

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near LA right now but we may have a remodel coming up in that area, not too far from it so I will definitely take you up on that offer and stop by when opportunity arises.

Here's the real bitch. I was doing a remodel in Idaho recently and just now realized that you guys had a "shop" in ID.